RobbyUSA

I-130 Q22: not in US and will not apply for AOS N/A

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm a US citizen and applying for the I-130 for my wife who lives in France.

I-130 Question: "22. Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status."

Part 1: "Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in:" She the beneficiary and living in France. So I put N/A this part of the question is easy because my Spouse is NOT in the USA.

Part 2: "If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in:" I put Paris, France

Is this the correct way to answer this question? or should I leave Part 2 blank?

Looks good!

are you sure about this?

when they say: "If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in"

Is my relative NOT eligible for AOS? I would think not at this point in time but maybe later on?

and, what kind of Visa are they talking about?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

are you sure about this?

when they say: "If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in"

Is my relative NOT eligible for AOS? I would think not at this point in time but maybe later on?

and, what kind of Visa are they talking about?

You intend for your approved I-130 petition to be followed by your spouse obtaining an immigrant visa. With that visa, the spouse enters with the only status they could ever adjust to. So, with the immigrant visa, there is no adjustment of status. It's either/or, not both. You did it right.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You intend for your approved I-130 petition to be followed by your spouse obtaining an immigrant visa. With that visa, the spouse enters with the only status they could ever adjust to. So, with the immigrant visa, there is no adjustment of status. It's either/or, not both. You did it right.

thanks so much! VJ should pay you for all the help you have given to all of us!

Edited by RobbyUSA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

thanks so much! VJ should pay you for all the help you have given to all of us!

Robby I was confused by the same question, and I actually posted it about a day or 2 ago. But the above reply makes sense. Thanks all!!

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate :

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-02-19

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.