salmani

221G Administrative Processing Tunisia

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello all,

What is the average wait time for Administrative process in Tunisia, my fiance had her interview on Feb 23rd, and she was given 221G, Administrative Processing.

I have already contacted DOS number and they have advised to check every week for the update. I am planning to get in touch with my senator and congressman after 30 days as per my lawyers advise I must wait for now and give time for the process to complete.

Very stressed with current situation can someone shed some light on timelines for AP in Tunis.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I do not think AP times are country specific. You are in AP because they want to do some further checking. Sometimes it can take a few months and there is little you can do about. USCIS may give your Senator little more than what you already have.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did DCF through Tunisia about 2 years ago. The consul told me that since there are a high instance of fraud cases that they are super thorough. Just an FYI, I hope everything works out :)

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Timeline

I did DCF through Tunisia about 2 years ago. The consul told me that since there are a high instance of fraud cases that they are super thorough. Just an FYI, I hope everything works out :)

Timeline

Thanks for the feedback! I hope it is not six months as in your case reading your timeline. I had never heard of Administrative Processing. Maybe getting married and filing for the greencard was a better option, right now, I have to be patient and pray..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks for the feedback! I hope it is not six months as in your case reading your timeline. I had never heard of Administrative Processing. Maybe getting married and filing for the greencard was a better option, right now, I have to be patient and pray..

Hang in there Salmani...I am doing a CR1 visa...which is an immigrant visa...and my husband was approved for his visa and still put in AP...he is in Jordan...and we are still waiting... it has been 3 months... they say the average time for AP is up to 5 months... this does NOT mean you will be waiting this long... but this is something we can't control... so try and relax... read, read read... all the info you can about how the system works...and stick with this site... it is a good place for support while you are waiting... you WILL get through this! :blush:

zDhd.png

Edited by H&I

Timeline

Hang in there Salmani...I am doing a CR1 visa...which is an immigrant visa...and my husband was approved for his visa and still put in AP...he is in Jordan...and we are still waiting... it has been 3 months... they say the average time for AP is up to 5 months... this does NOT mean you will be waiting this long... but this is something we can't control... so try and relax... read, read read... all the info you can about how the system works...and stick with this site... it is a good place for support while you are waiting... you WILL get through this! :blush:

zDhd.png

Thanks for your support, it is much appreciated!

Timeline

I have a quick question if anyone could help, is it OK to visit fiancee during the Administrative Processing and visit the embassy and talk to the consular.

It is only two weeks, I don't know, how will I survive months of AP.

Thanks, Salman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.