shxn

Interview date for I485 received but no news on my EAD/AP card

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

[

On February 27, 2012, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for March 30, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Hey guys, so I'm located in Alabama now and as far as I know the closest ASC is New Orleans and the other local office would be in Atlanta. If I'm scheduled for an interview at the National Benefits Center, does that mean I'd have to fly to Texas seeing that TSC deals with applications around my region. Question is, where is this place? I'm just a tad curious now and I know I will get more information when the hard copy notice arrives but..the I'm excited and worried all at the same time!

In addition to that, I have yet to receive any news on my AP/EAD card. No updates, RFEs..nothing has been touched since Jan 17. The last time the case was updated was when they informed me that they had received my application. I have also already completed the biometrics 3 weeks ago. Is this normal? I thought the usual process is to receive the EAD/AP and then the letter for the I485 interview.

Adjusting Status from F-1 Visa
• Dec 2007 - Arrived for the first time for college • Jan 2008 - Met the beloved • Sept 11th, 2009 - Started dating •
• Dec 2010 - Graduated from college • Feb 17th, 2011 - Status changed from F-1 to OPT (OPT ends Feb 17th 2012) •
• Mar 2011 - Received EAD card and employment began • Sept 12th, 2011 - Married! •

Jan 11th, 2012 (Day 0) - Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 to Chicago Lockbox
Jan 12th, 2012 (Day 1) - Application received by USCIS J.C.
Jan 17th, 2012 (Day 5) - 4 NOA received via text and email
Jan 18th, 2012 (Day 6) - Checks cashed
Jan 23rd, 2012 (Day 11) - Received 3 NOA hardcopies (I130, I765, I131)
Jan 30th, 2012 (Day 19) - Received NOA hardcopy for I485 and Biometrics appointment letter. (Error was found on address (FL instead of AL) and biometrics was scheduled at the local office (Tampa,FL) that is 8hrs away)
Jan 31st, 2012 (Day 20) - Called USCIS Customer Service to inform them of their clerical error. Spoke to tier 2 rep and was told to walk in on the scheduled date for biometrics at the nearest office (New Orleans, LA))
Feb 8th, 2012 (Day 28) - Biometrics completed at ASC in New Orleans
Feb 27th, 2012 (Day 47) - Interview for I-485 on March 30th, received via text/email from USCIS
Mar 16th, 2012 (Day 65) - EAD/AP card arrived in mail!
Mar 30th, 2012 (Day 79) - AoS Interview at Atlanta, GA; APPROVED!
Apr 9th, 2012 (Day 89) - Green Card in hand! THANK YOU VJers! (Expiration March 30, 2014)

RoC I-751

Feb 6th, 2014 (Day 0) - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC (USPS Express)

Feb 7th, 2014 (Day 1) - Packet received by USCIS L Juchowski

Feb 10th, 2014 (Day 4) - Received NOA1

Feb 12th, 2014 (Day 6) - Check cashed by VSC

Mar 3rd, 2014 (Day 25) - Received Biometrics Appointment letter (Dated Feb 24 for appointment on March 18 @ Metairie, LA)

Mar 11, 2014 (Day 33) - Early walk-in at the ASC in Birmingham, AL

Apr 13, 2014 (Day 66) - Change of Address

Jul 28, 2014 (Day 172) - Email/Text from USCIS: Card Production (Approval)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have not gotten your letter in the mail yet obviously.

The paper letter you get clearly states the location and time to go to the interview. It is NOT at the NBC.

Wait until you get the letter in the mail. Also its likely you will not get any EAD or AP now that you have an interview date set.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Other Timeline

[

Hey guys, so I'm located in Alabama now and as far as I know the closest ASC is New Orleans and the other local office would be in Atlanta. If I'm scheduled for an interview at the National Benefits Center, does that mean I'd have to fly to Texas seeing that TSC deals with applications around my region. Question is, where is this place? I'm just a tad curious now and I know I will get more information when the hard copy notice arrives but..the I'm excited and worried all at the same time!

In addition to that, I have yet to receive any news on my AP/EAD card. No updates, RFEs..nothing has been touched since Jan 17. The last time the case was updated was when they informed me that they had received my application. I have also already completed the biometrics 3 weeks ago. Is this normal? I thought the usual process is to receive the EAD/AP and then the letter for the I485 interview.

that's great news. you got your appointment really fast and if everything works out, you won't even need the EAD/AP. I got mine one day before I received my actual GC. so worthless.

Much confusion here. NBC is in Missouri. Your interview will not be there, or any other service center. National service centers don't do interviews (so forget TSC, also TSC does not do anything with any AOS anything). Your interview will be at your local office, which will be in Alabama somewhere. You generally do not cross state lines, even if an office in another state is closer. The email you notice you get says NBC, but that is because the email notification system is new and their system isn't set up right. You will get an paper interview notice that will tell you the time and location of your interview.

Yes, it is normal that you haven't heard anything yet about EAD/AP.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You had your biometrics appointment in New Orleans according to your timeline. That's a hint to where your interview will be. The service centers don't conduct interviews - that's handled at the local office in the misc states.

You got an interview date rather fast after submitting AOS. Some don't get EAD when the AOS is being processed that fast.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

that's great news. you got your appointment really fast and if everything works out, you won't even need the EAD/AP. I got mine one day before I received my actual GC. so worthless.

Thank you! I see that the timeline of my progress is somewhat similar to yours and that makes me feel a little bit better. I was never worried about the interview but now that it's the next step, my heart is trying to out beat me. I guess I need to start to compile all the evidence of our bonefide marriage for the interview instead of waiting til the 11th hour to do that.

Much confusion here. NBC is in Missouri. Your interview will not be there, or any other service center. National service centers don't do interviews (so forget TSC, also TSC does not do anything with any AOS anything). Your interview will be at your local office, which will be in Alabama somewhere. You generally do not cross state lines, even if an office in another state is closer. The email you notice you get says NBC, but that is because the email notification system is new and their system isn't set up right. You will get an paper interview notice that will tell you the time and location of your interview.

Yes, it is normal that you haven't heard anything yet about EAD/AP.

Harpa, there isn't any USCIS local office here in AL. The closest would be in New Orleans and Atlanta of which the former is 2 hours away and the latter is 5. I know that most people usually have their interviews done at the local office in Atlanta but I was confused when NBC was mentioned. I thought the NBC only collects and send the applications off to specific offices or service centers for processing. But thanks for detailed explanation! I appreciate it!

• Dec 2007 - Arrived for the first time for college • Jan 2008 - Met the beloved • Sept 11th, 2009 - Started dating •
• Dec 2010 - Graduated from college • Feb 17th, 2011 - Status changed from F-1 to OPT (OPT ends Feb 17th 2012) •
• Mar 2011 - Received EAD card and employment began • Sept 12th, 2011 - Married! •

Jan 30th, 2012 (Day 19) - Received NOA hardcopy for I485 and Biometrics appointment letter. (Error was found on address (FL instead of AL) and biometrics was scheduled at the local office (Tampa,FL) that is 8hrs away)
Jan 31st, 2012 (Day 20) - Called USCIS Customer Service to inform them of their clerical error. Spoke to tier 2 rep and was told to walk in on the scheduled date for biometrics at the nearest office (New Orleans, LA))
Feb 27th, 2012 (Day 47) - Interview for I-485 on March 30th, received via text/email from USCIS
Apr 9th, 2012 (Day 89) - Green Card in hand! THANK YOU VJers! (Expiration March 30, 2014)

RoC I-751

Mar 3rd, 2014 (Day 25) - Received Biometrics Appointment letter (Dated Feb 24 for appointment on March 18 @ Metairie, LA)

Woah, I just read your timeline; we have an almost identical timeline. My letter is sent on the 28 (which is today) and is schedule for the 29 of March. I haven't received any notice for AED either.

Good luck to both of us!!

Timeline

Woah, I just read your timeline; we have an almost identical timeline. My letter is sent on the 28 (which is today) and is schedule for the 29 of March. I haven't received any notice for AED either.

Good luck to both of us!!

Good luck! Let me know how it goes on your interview! :)

Btw, does anyone know if the original birth certificate is needed for the interview or a copy will do?

RoC I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.