Hilarious Clinton

5 Biggest Whoppers In Obama's Energy Speech

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Gas prices were at a national average of $4.12 in July 2008. Gas prices broke the $3.70 mark this past weekend. That's still $0.40 below the July 2008 price. Hence, not a record high. Yes, it is a record high for this time of year. Even the Heritage Foundation was careful to use the "record" label only in conjunction with this distinction.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Then you don't live in California were gas prices are up 24 cents in a week, now over $4.00 per gallon.

I never paid over $4.00 per gallon during Bush's term, gas prices have doubled since Obama took office.

What exactly in the article is "BS?" Please point to one statement in that article that is not factual.

I believe California doubled their gas tax in 2010. Maybe you should move to Texas

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe California doubled their gas tax in 2010. Maybe you should move to Texas

The clowns in Sacramento would double every tax if they could easily get away with it.

Texas is on the short list, I do like the Westlake area and East Texas. Las Vegas is high on the list, however, I love being near the ocean and having lots of trees, neither of which Vegas has.

I was considering the Pacific Northwest, but back in the '80's so many California's moved up there, took their politics with them...now look the area.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I paid 4.54 a few times in 2008. Current numbers are still below that (not by much though).

That was very typical for NorCal then. I stayed away from Chervon and Unocal, and got fuel at a couple of Arco stations. The most I paid was $3.95 or so.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

The premise of the article. How many times need I repeat the BS is the premise " record high" gas prices under Obama. That can only be true if prices are higher than under Bush. Since they are not, then you guessed it, the truth undercuts the entire article.

Why can't RWN's wait until gas prices go higher to make this bogus at present, and for the past two years since RWN's started peddling this line of malarky, claim?

The premise of the article was exposing some facts regarding Obama's energy policy.

Now, for the third time -- What exactly in the article is "BS?" Please point to one statement in that article that is not factual.

You called "BS" so you should be able to prove even one statement as not factual.

What exactly in the article is "BS?" Please point to one statement in that article that is not factual.

This:

...record high gas prices...

Record high gas prices were $4.12 national average - in July 2008. We're more than $0.40 south of that today and were more than $0.50 south of that when this was posted. So that claim is factually wrong.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Timeline

This:

Record high gas prices were $4.12 national average - in July 2008. We're more than $0.40 south of that today and were more than $0.50 south of that when this was posted. So that claim is factually wrong.

"The White House billed President Obama's energy policy speech as a response to mounting criticism of record high gas prices"

"record high gas prices" was used in the context of how the White House viewed Obama's speech as a response to criticism of "record high gas prices." Nowhere in that article did it state that we've experienced "record high gas prices."

Simply reading the stats recorded by EIA reveals we have not surpassed the prices of the summer of 2008.

"The White House billed President Obama's energy policy speech as a response to mounting criticism of record high gas prices"

"record high gas prices" was used in the context of how the White House viewed Obama's speech as a response to criticism of "record high gas prices."

Now you're just making shite up. Can you quote a single White House source that says we're having "record high gas prices"? Can you?

Timeline

Now you're just making shite up. Can you quote a single White House source that says we're having "record high gas prices"? Can you?

"Energy: The White House billed President Obama's energy policy speech as a response to mounting criticism of record high gas prices."

No, the problem is your reading comprehension. "You're the one making shite up," I never said such.

I attempted to point out the context in which "record high gas prices" was used, since you took it out of context.

Nothing as posted by the OP blames Obama for "record high gas prices," nothing. Because gas prices are not record high, yet. The article as posted by the Op, merely pointed out fact vs what Obama says.

The White House has done no such thing. Go ahead, provide a source for the claim made here. Doesn't exist.

RWN's spin so much they fail to see spin and reality are not quite the same things. "Record high gas prices" is a RWN super-spin blathering point at this point over a year old, probably closer to two.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I paid 4.54 a few times in 2008. Current numbers are still below that (not by much though).

just checked gasbuddy.com

san francisco averages:

there are some listed higher and lower than shown below.

note: the numbers will change as they are updated.

regular $4.37

premium $4.55

diesel $4.55 (did see one station showing $4.99 on lombard street)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

You have not paid over $ 4.00 while bush was in office.However the reason the prices are what they are are due to Bush. I guess if the sky falls some people would still blame him for it. Its hopeless talking to some people.