Feyisayo

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE AND INFOs FROM THE YOU

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I APPLIED AS SINGLE BUT NOW MARRIED. I WENT FOR FIRST INTERVIEW AND IT WAS SUCCESSFUL BUT I WAS ASKED TO COME FOR THE SECOND ONE COS OF MY CHANGE IN MARITAL STATUS.

I DID MY SECOND INTERVIEW LAST WEEK THURSDAY AND I BELIVE IT WAS SUCCESSFUL EVEN THOUGH I WASNT TOLD ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I WAS INTERVIEWED BY A NIGERIAN AND HE SAID HE ISNT IN THE POSITION TO SAY IF I WILL GET THE VISA OR NOT AND THAT I WOULD BE CALLED ANYTIME.I TOLD HIM THE NATURE OF MY JOB AND HOW I TRAVEL ALOT. HE SAID THAT WOULD BE PUT INTO CONSIDERATION BUT NOW I HAVENT GOTTEN ANY REPLY AND THE GUY SAID THE REPLY FROM THEM WOULD BE FROM CALLS (NOT EMAIL). NOW THE ISSUE IS THAT, THE NATURE OF MY WORK WARRANTS ME TO TRAVEL ROUND WEST AFRICA(TELECOMS). MY BOSS JUST TOLD ME NOW THAT I SHOULD PREPARE TO GO TO BURKINAFASO NEXTWEEK AND I COULD BE THERE FOR ATLEAST 6 WEEKS. I HAVENT RECEIVED ANY CALLS FROM THE EMBASSY AND MY MOBILE PHONE WONT BE AVAILABLE AS FROM NEXT WEEK.

PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? I WAS THINKING I SHOULD MAIL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW BUT I DONT WANT IT TO LOOK AS IF AM EAGER TO KNOW THE RESULTS OR APPREHENSIVE ABOUT THE OUTCOME.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I APPLIED AS SINGLE BUT NOW MARRIED. I WENT FOR FIRST INTERVIEW AND IT WAS SUCCESSFUL BUT I WAS ASKED TO COME FOR THE SECOND ONE COS OF MY CHANGE IN MARITAL STATUS.

I DID MY SECOND INTERVIEW LAST WEEK THURSDAY AND I BELIVE IT WAS SUCCESSFUL EVEN THOUGH I WASNT TOLD ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I WAS INTERVIEWED BY A NIGERIAN AND HE SAID HE ISNT IN THE POSITION TO SAY IF I WILL GET THE VISA OR NOT AND THAT I WOULD BE CALLED ANYTIME.I TOLD HIM THE NATURE OF MY JOB AND HOW I TRAVEL ALOT. HE SAID THAT WOULD BE PUT INTO CONSIDERATION BUT NOW I HAVENT GOTTEN ANY REPLY AND THE GUY SAID THE REPLY FROM THEM WOULD BE FROM CALLS (NOT EMAIL). NOW THE ISSUE IS THAT, THE NATURE OF MY WORK WARRANTS ME TO TRAVEL ROUND WEST AFRICA(TELECOMS). MY BOSS JUST TOLD ME NOW THAT I SHOULD PREPARE TO GO TO BURKINAFASO NEXTWEEK AND I COULD BE THERE FOR ATLEAST 6 WEEKS. I HAVENT RECEIVED ANY CALLS FROM THE EMBASSY AND MY MOBILE PHONE WONT BE AVAILABLE AS FROM NEXT WEEK.

PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? I WAS THINKING I SHOULD MAIL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW BUT I DONT WANT IT TO LOOK AS IF AM EAGER TO KNOW THE RESULTS OR APPREHENSIVE ABOUT THE OUTCOME.

Interesting, but do you mind sharing a little more why you changed your marital status after a successful first interview as single? and what visa is this, a K-1 or DV visa.. your timeline is not completed. This can also help others answer you better based on ur type of visa.

Just from guessing, I think this is DV, and even so, why would you tell them you changed ur status after getting a visa? (did you think ur spouse will be able to come right away?) As for your travel, i think emailing them is fine.. email to the correct department (again, based on what visa)

at the consulate. And reference ur case number and also the point that you already brought up that you travel often and about to do so.

Hope u can share further info.. gdluck

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Timeline

Interesting, but do you mind sharing a little more why you changed your marital status after a successful first interview as single? and what visa is this, a K-1 or DV visa.. your timeline is not completed. This can also help others answer you better based on ur type of visa.

Just from guessing, I think this is DV, and even so, why would you tell them you changed ur status after getting a visa? (did you think ur spouse will be able to come right away?) As for your travel, i think emailing them is fine.. email to the correct department (again, based on what visa)

at the consulate. And reference ur case number and also the point that you already brought up that you travel often and about to do so.

sorry, maybe i dint explain well. I applied 4 DV as single and married before winning in july. I mailed KCC and they changed my status and made my wife and baby beneficiaries. I have done the first and second interviews. After the 2nd interview, i was told the next information about my processing would be by call and i should always make my phone available. I told the interviewer that i travel alot and he assured me that i will get a reply before end of this week. Now,i may travel next week and my phone wont be available. Hope mailing them wont make it look as if am apprehensive about the result?

Can't you just leave the mobile phone with a trusted friend. I don't see a problem here, just look for a back up plan on how to recieve the phone communication.

BTW, typing in CAPS is considered shouting, please un-capp to type again. If you want the font to be larger, than increase the size of the font. See above next to font is size.^^^^^^

Again, leave the phone with your wife, she can take the call, and communicate the next instructions to you.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

sorry, never knew typing in CAPS is offensive. I intend to drop it with my wife cos i guess they may want to talk to a closer family member. But just want to know if emailiing them would make sense. Though i intend to also mail them my contact in burkinafaso once i get there,dats incase if i dont get reply before traveling

sorry, never knew typing in CAPS is offensive. I intend to drop it with my wife cos i guess they may want to talk to a closer family member. But just want to know if emailiing them would make sense. Though i intend to also mail them my contact in burkinafaso once i get there,dats incase if i dont get reply before traveling

Emailing the consular would be fine, just a courtesy follow-up.

Email 101, never capp unless you are shouting. If you want to make a point bold, underline or only cap single words.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

ok Sir!

Kinda like when people are talking on their mobile phone and they are shouting, as if the person is around the next corner. You can whisper in the ear piece of a cell phone and the received party can hear it.

Writting and texting is the same. :whistle::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you lie - you don't get a visa and you don't get to go to America. This is why the OP notified them properly of the marriage.

This is posted in the DV lottery forum section. If you look at the top of the page it says where the person posted in the forums and its usually a pretty good indicator of what they are filing for.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** several personal bickering posts removed. Please advice the OP, take your argument to PM or off VJ *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.