Elmira

No decision after interview?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I'm on the same boat my N-652 that said "You passed the test of English, US History and government", and it also saying that "A decision cannot yet be made in your case in continued for further review regarding your arrest record...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK. let's give them sometime. If not my husband (US born citizen) wants to send a letter to our senator, as he is pretty mad. Because our friend passed his interview (last year) and got approval letter and oath invitation letter same day in office. So my husband cannot understand why they are treating me different way. I will try to explain my husband that we should to wait :blush:

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hang in there! It will come soon. i got mine after a month. My other friend, had his oath after 2 weeks. so i think its a case to case basis. it probably just happened that whoever needs to double check our papers was slower than the rest. If you didn't get it by 45 days, you should get info pass. as they said, if they say you're up for approval, you should be fine. coz someone said to me that if you didn't make it, they'll let you know. i was super crazy before. think about it, good things come to those who wait.. Good luck! let me know what happens. after this,. i should be applying for a fiance visa for my love. .

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

A decision cannot be made at this time normally requires more proof, like providing a joint utility bill or proof you paid a parking ticket your received 40 years ago. Having a questionable history leads to a further examination, hope you don't have a common name that can be mixed up with a real criminal.

One thing in common, is the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

A decision cannot be made at this time normally requires more proof, like providing a joint utility bill or proof you paid a parking ticket your received 40 years ago. Having a questionable history leads to a further examination, hope you don't have a common name that can be mixed up with a real criminal.

One thing in common, is the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

They didn't tell me anything. IO asked for the copy of our son's birth certificate, which was strange as I sent the original copy already. Thank God I had the additional copy with me and I gave it to him. I remember he told me clearly: your file is pretty simple, and it will not take long time to make decision, just few days..... that's why I am worried..... and my last name is very rear... Let's see. I am going to call them today as who knows maybe they sent it and I never received it....

Edited by Elmira

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They didn't tell me anything. IO asked for the copy of our son's birth certificate, which was strange as I sent the original copy already. Thank God I had the additional copy with me and I gave it to him. I remember he told me clearly: your file is pretty simple, and it will not take long time to make decision, just few days..... that's why I am worried..... and my last name is very rear... Let's see. I am going to call them today as who knows maybe they sent it and I never received it....

Suppose to bring in "all" of your original documentation, just so your IO can verify you didn't forge the copies, but you also leave with all of your original documentation. Unless you got a dingbat for an IO.

If you have evidence not sent in, they are suppose to make a copy of it and give you the original back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Ok guys, called to Customer Service and they told me my case is pending...... and USCIS has 120 days to make decision :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Are you serious? What if they decline me? :blink:

I think you are worrying too much. Why don't you wait and see what happens. You are going to drive your self nuts if you keep worrying about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys I know I am inpatient :blink: :blink: :blink: but I made an Infopass appointment today for April 5th. I know that it is only 1 month passed since my Interview, but the officer told me that the decision will not take longer than 2 weeks, and all my immigrant friends here in Orlando got their approval and oath letters same day they had interview. I know for sure local USCIS office has Oath ceremonies every Friday, so I don't think they are super packed. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: I hope I will have some good news before April 5th, but if not at least I will check what is happening, and if they give me the same story about 180 days processing time, my husband is ready to write a letter to Congressman. I know we shouldn't panic or get upset. But my husband is deployed now and is very disappointed that Government agency treats him like that. :wacko: :wacko: He cannot understand that some people wait even longer as he is US born citizen and never had immigration issues before he met me :blush: :blush: But for now I will patiently wait for April 5th :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.