che234

About DS Forms?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello i have a question again VJerz. A friend of mine told me if i'm done signing my DS Forms.

Do i really need to fill up the DS 156, 1 DS 156k and 2 DS 157 ? I asked because i'm not sure about this.

I already have the I-134 affidavit of support from my fiancee , bank statements , income tax returns and other docs from him.

I'm stuck with the DS forms. I checked the website of USCIS and saw that there are plenty of DS 156 for immigrant and non immigrant. What forms do i need to download? K1 is for immigrant does it mean i will also get the form for immigrant though i don't see any forms for immigrant on the website like DS 157?

Kindly please explain to me further about this one please? I would like to complete my docs before i will have my CFO seminar on weds. Also please give me a links for all the forms. Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello..If you are a K-1 like me...You need to do 157, 156K, and 157 forms...Here is the website link for what you need to do.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html Here is where you get the forms and instructions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Did you get your packet 3 already?, you will need all of these forms (DS-230 form part one only, DS-156 online form, DS-157 form, DS-156K form) I think you should start working on those forms, they gonna add copies to your packet 3 , but its better to start filing them and have them printed, some of them like DS-156 after filing and printing it can be signed ,but I think DS-157 have to be signed at the interview.

Met through a friend on Facebook

Visited Accra on June 26, 2011 ( For two weeks)

Sept 14, 2011 Mailed the petition express

Sept 16, 2011.................................... NOA 1

Feb 01,2012...................................... NOA 2

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you get your packet 3 already?, you will need all of these forms (DS-230 form part one only, DS-156 online form, DS-157 form, DS-156K form) I think you should start working on those forms, they gonna add copies to your packet 3 , but its better to start filing them and have them printed, some of them like DS-156 after filing and printing it can be signed ,but I think DS-157 have to be signed at the interview.

This the Philippines they do not mail out a packet 3. There is NO DS-230 form with the K-1. Be very careful when giving out information that is country specific.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello thank you for the quick response guys . I keep browsing here in VJ and i went to this link forms.

I saw here that " Only needed at once you reach the US Embassy handling the Visa. Should also be provided by them. " Does it mean i will fill them up at the Embassy? During interview or i will start filling them now? I don't see form DS-157 to the following link help :blink:

Edited by timchen

Timeline

Hello i have a question again VJerz. A friend of mine told me if i'm done signing my DS Forms.

Do i really need to fill up the DS 156, 1 DS 156k and 2 DS 157 ? I asked because i'm not sure about this.

I already have the I-134 affidavit of support from my fiancee , bank statements , income tax returns and other docs from him.

I'm stuck with the DS forms. I checked the website of USCIS and saw that there are plenty of DS 156 for immigrant and non immigrant. What forms do i need to download? K1 is for immigrant does it mean i will also get the form for immigrant though i don't see any forms for immigrant on the website like DS 157?

Kindly please explain to me further about this one please? I would like to complete my docs before i will have my CFO seminar on weds. Also please give me a links for all the forms. Thanks in advance.

Here is the link for the embassy requirements (for Manila), you will need to complete and print out two copies of the DS-156, two copies of the DS-157 and one copy of the DS-156K.

Read through the letter and requirements slowly (again) to make sure you have everything. Good luck!!

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Here is the link for the embassy requirements (for Manila), you will need to complete and print out two copies of the DS-156, two copies of the DS-157 and one copy of the DS-156K.

Read through the letter and requirements slowly (again) to make sure you have everything. Good luck!!

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wonder how goofy we will get over the next few weeks....:lol: Got our MNL # last night.

Good Luck and now on to the final Steps!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Amy is in Malaysia on a company sponsored vacation, she doesn't have a clue we got our MNL # yet. Heck I already booked my flight over there for next month. :lol: All kinds of surprises when she returns.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.