Rachel and Ryan

Additional processing at NVC...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone have any experience with additional processing at NVC? This was what I got told by one of the people working there...which by the way seems to be a really efficient service. Emailed them late last night after having only had my NOA2 less than a week ago and I got a response this morning with my case number. I guess I can hope that whatever additional processing is taking place that it will be as efficient. But any info greatly appreciated!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

When I called to check on the status of our petition, NVC stated "it's going through additional processing". I got a little scared because I thought something was wrong (like AP) and she told me "it was normal and all of the petitions go through this." We received our NOA2 on 9/30/11 and it didn't leave NVC until almost a month later on 10/28/11!

Take it for what it is I guess - but that extra waiting time was a pain!

Good Luck!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am in the same situation and don't know why , but was told its normal and everyone goes through the same process ........... I am just keeping my figures crossed and hopefully something good will come out in couple of days.

Met through a friend on Facebook

Visited Accra on June 26, 2011 ( For two weeks)

Sept 14, 2011 Mailed the petition express

Sept 16, 2011.................................... NOA 1

Feb 01,2012...................................... NOA 2

Timeline

This is the email I got from them yesterday "Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

Once the approved 129F petition filed for a fiancé of a US citizen is received at the National Visa Center it is processed in approximately 2-4 weeks and forwarded to the appropriate US Embassy/Consulate General. The Embassy/Consulate General may or may not request additional information before interviewing the applicant for a K1 non-immigrant visa."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Funny, the NVC told me "we don't do anything with the K-1 applications. We just forward them onto the Embassies." True story. This only happened last month and my fiancee is at the Embassy in about 3 hours to interview.

Timeline

Did they assigned your case number already?, I've got mine though so hopefully it would be forwarded within this week, it been there for almost 2 weeks now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a case number. I can assume thats a good thing and am hoping additional processing in this case is simply a blanket term used as a way of saying 'its here we just need to package it up and forward it on the embassy'...hopefully!

Timeline

I think so , I just feel like it an administrative word , because they got our case on the 4th or so and when we called them that was last week Monday they told us our case would be forwarded the next day , and when we called last week Friday to see it has been sent to the embassy , they were like its in precessing?, and yesterday we talked to this nice lady who said it's in process , so am thinking they've already dispatched it, but try not to worry ok, you have a case number and that is the most important thing, we will get through this process soon. Be strong

There are two threads in the NVC forum, about K1 petitions held for AP at NVC.

Look for Stuck @ NVC for AP. part 1 is pinned and closed, and part 2 is open for posts.

We were held at NVC for nearly 8 weeks back in 2008/2009. Times have come down since then.

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.