Donavan

USCIS's own mistake

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK, Sept. 13-email saying they sent me a RFE

never received anything.

Sept 27.email saying that, the document they made based on the approval or registration was sent to whom applied.

Oct. 2nd-I receive the IMBRA rfe plus a fiance change of address application

They had sent the RFE to my attorney in Thailand but they sent it to a New York address. They entered in my attorneys address wrong into their system. The zip code for NY, NY and Bangkok are the same. So they must have just entered the zip and didnt make sure it was the same as my application, and just let the program enter in the city on its own!

Anyways it was sent back to them and than they sent it to me. asking for my fiances change of address.Since the rfe was sent back to them they think my fiance moved for some reason.

I really dont know what to do. My attorney is in the hospital, cant reach him.(worthless)

I guess I will return the RFE(that still has the NY address on it) back after I sign it with a letter stating what has happened. And as far as the AR-11 fiance change of address....just disregaurd it. anybody think I should go about it any a different way??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since you cannot reach your lawyer, why not explain in a letter the situation about the AR-11 in a letter too? It wouldn't hurt to try, would it?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The zip code for NY, NY and Bangkok are the same.

What???? :unsure:

NYC has many many zip codes, not just one.

Maybe what should have said is that one of the zip codes in BKK is the same as one of the MANY zip codes in NYC...

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

devilette,

So does Bangkok. And Bangkok's postal codes are in the form of 101xx, 102xx, 103xx, 104xx, so there is a lot of overlap with NYC's zip codes.

It would be interesting to know if the USCIS overlooked that the attorney's address included the country name 'THAILAND' at the end, or if the attorney (more likely a Thai member of staff) failed to include the country name in the address provided to USCIS.

Yodrak

The zip code for NY, NY and Bangkok are the same.

What???? :unsure:

NYC has many many zip codes, not just one.

Filed: Other Timeline
OK, Sept. 13-email saying they sent me a RFE

never received anything.

Sept 27.email saying that, the document they made based on the approval or registration was sent to whom applied.

Oct. 2nd-I receive the IMBRA rfe plus a fiance change of address application

They had sent the RFE to my attorney in Thailand but they sent it to a New York address. They entered in my attorneys address wrong into their system. The zip code for NY, NY and Bangkok are the same. So they must have just entered the zip and didnt make sure it was the same as my application, and just let the program enter in the city on its own!

Anyways it was sent back to them and than they sent it to me. asking for my fiances change of address.Since the rfe was sent back to them they think my fiance moved for some reason.

I really dont know what to do. My attorney is in the hospital, cant reach him.(worthless)

I guess I will return the RFE(that still has the NY address on it) back after I sign it with a letter stating what has happened. And as far as the AR-11 fiance change of address....just disregaurd it. anybody think I should go about it any a different way??

I am not sure. But there is a possibility that an immigration attorney for US immigration law has to have be certified by a chamber or a board and that this attorney needs to have a postal address located in the United States or that the attorney must be somehow in connection with another attorney inside the United States who would take care of the cases here in the United States?

Maybe it is not USCIS' mistake. When I enter my former home address in a search engine for the United States it shows me an address somewhere in Huntsville, AL. Never have been there.... But that happens if you have countries with a 5-digit zip code.

Maybe the entry mask doesn't show a field for a country because USCIS has some guidelines who can act as attorney in immigration cases...

Markus - Las Vegas, NV

32821198.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Return your RFE and explain your situation I guess...

I don't recommend change your address as that will make things confuse even more.

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Return your RFE and explain your situation I guess...

I don't recommend change your address as that will make things confuse even more.

Yes the address of my attorney was submitted correctly with it saying Bangkok, Thailand 10XXX.

I think when they went in to enter the info they just entered the zip and let the program auto insert the city for which that zip is associted with.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.