acuratlsd

First Meeting in the USA

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For people who do not live close to a POE (Point of Entry)....

How did you meet your fiancee or wife? Did you drive up there? Did you fly with her/him?

Did you have him/her fly straight through to the closest airport you live at? Even if that means stopping at POE and taking a connection flight.

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you decided what you will do with regards to meeting your fiancee at JFK?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I plan on going to the Philippines and accompanying my sweet Filipina back to the U.S when she gets her visa.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Have you decided what you will do with regards to meeting your fiancee at JFK?

Ahh I totally forgot that she has a friend in Long Islang, NY.

She works at a hospital called Brookhaven. I am not sure if your familiar with it.

I was thinking of letting my fiancee visit her for a few days, if permitted.

I went to their wedding while I was in the Philippines and that is the last time both of us have seen them.

Maybe her best friend can pick her up from the airport and then after a few days fly here.

I dont know if i should go because you know how when Filipinos get together they will start breaking out their language

and the american is sitting here uncomfortable watching Television. I don' t know if it would be my place.

When I was married before I was living in Germany. Good thing is that my ex wife's friend was american so me and him hung out

. All we did was watch TV because the Filipinos were over there talking in their native tongue.

got to love segregation. that is how it felt LOL

USCIS

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

MANILA EMBASSY

Timeline

Ahh I totally forgot that she has a friend in Long Islang, NY.

She works at a hospital called Brookhaven. I am not sure if your familiar with it.

I was thinking of letting my fiancee visit her for a few days, if permitted.

I went to their wedding while I was in the Philippines and that is the last time both of us have seen them.

Maybe her best friend can pick her up from the airport and then after a few days fly here.

I dont know if i should go because you know how when Filipinos get together they will start breaking out their language

and the american is sitting here uncomfortable watching Television. I don' t know if it would be my place.

When I was married before I was living in Germany. Good thing is that my ex wife's friend was american so me and him hung out

. All we did was watch TV because the Filipinos were over there talking in their native tongue.

got to love segregation. that is how it felt LOL

I think she would enjoy a few days with her friend, they'd love to catch up with the latest going-ons. Did you read the post I made in that other thread. where I gave you suggestions about taking her to Katz's to experience her first real deli sandwich? Take her her Central Park also.

Yeah man, when you get more than 2 Pinays together, it sounds like you're in the middle of a hen house.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

Oh yes, I saw that thread. I think it would be best if her friend took her around New York. Going to New York would be the same experience as my fiancee. I will be just as shocked as what is going on there.

The only experience I have ever had with New York is going through Washington Bridge and the Bronx and it was 2 in the morning and they were drying like it was a NASCAR speedway.

Maybe if we go to Myrtle Beach, she will love that. Also, I live near where they film the Nicolas Sparks books so she will find amazement when she sees the beaches here.

USCIS

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

MANILA EMBASSY

Timeline

Oh yes, I saw that thread. I think it would be best if her friend took her around New York. Going to New York would be the same experience as my fiancee. I will be just as shocked as what is going on there.

The only experience I have ever had with New York is going through Washington Bridge and the Bronx and it was 2 in the morning and they were drying like it was a NASCAR speedway.

Maybe if we go to Myrtle Beach, she will love that. Also, I live near where they film the Nicolas Sparks books so she will find amazement when she sees the beaches here.

Normal for NYC, drive or get run over! Yeah Myrtle Beach is nice, but I don't think she'll be impressed with beaches here. Not when there are place like; the beaches of Malapascua Island, Camiguin; Coron, Palawan; Matukad Island, Caramoan and Long Beach, San Vicente, Palawan, to name a few of my favs.

Timeline

I met my fiancee in San Francisco International Airport. I flew in from the east about 2 hours before her flight came in from Manila and I waited for her where they exit customs for international flights. Then we stayed there overnight in a hotel (her flight came in 10:30 pm SFO time) then flew back here together the next day.

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Why would I bother my fiancee with driving up to the airport or going anywhere ? Flew to US through ATL then to CVG, rented car at Hertz, drove to her house and waited until she gets back from work.

Timeline

I met my fiancee in San Francisco International Airport. I flew in from the east about 2 hours before her flight came in from Manila and I waited for her where they exit customs for international flights. Then we stayed there overnight in a hotel (her flight came in 10:30 pm SFO time) then flew back here together the next day.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For people who do not live close to a POE (Point of Entry)....

How did you meet your fiancee or wife? Did you drive up there? Did you fly with her/him?

Did you have him/her fly straight through to the closest airport you live at? Even if that means stopping at POE and taking a connection flight.

I paid for a Ticket online from her home town (Air Cebu) to Manila then MNL-LAX via PAL ($845). I flew from DFW to LAX (using AA Miles) then we flew together via Virginamerica $99 each from LAX to DFW.

My wife (then fiance) didn't want to make any foreign connections alone.

Edited by Joandjo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I had a connecting flight at SF, had to wait like an hour, went to Reno , my husband had to drive up there to pick me up, and then drive two hours back to Bridgeport.of course he was late because of a course they had going on. It was fine, everything was fine except the fact that he was late. But I did meet a really nice afghan family that spoke my native tounge and had an Iranian son in law and that made me feel better. They waited with me for like 45 mins. Airports are smaller than you think, so if you can't go pick her up and she speaks even a tiny bit of English she will be fine, she can make friends

Timeline

My fiancee coming from the Philippines is already nervous to fly. I will either go get her (if I can within the schedule of my two little boys who live with me) or pick her up at the POE wherever that happens to be. Frankly, I don't know if I could handle the additional time apart knowing she is that close.

Once she is through the POE she will be fine legally to do any travel she wants as long as she doesn't go international. If you can bear her being away, she should be fine.

Timeline

hi guys! can i ask something. im planning to fly with my sister whenever i get my visa. my sister ask me too cause she have a 2 yr old and 7 months old babies so she cannot manage to take care of them during the travel. just wonder if they allow me to arrive first in NC to visit our brother then drive to conecticut to drop off my sister there. after few days fly to colorado to see my fiance. is that allowed? or you need to fly directly where your fiance is???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.