Christian S

UMM KINDA CONFUSE CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT K1 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long do I need to work at my current job in order to file the I-134 (affidavit of support) for my fiancee K1 Visa?

I have already sent the I-129f package (Fiance(e) Petition). My fiancee and I are engaged and having a baby, she is in the Philippines and I'm here in Seattle we been together for over 1 year now. I have been a student in college and was unemployed from 2010-2011. I now have a job that pays $11.50/an hour ($22,080 annually) and I just started this week at this new job now will this be a problem when I file for the I-134 since I did NOT have income tax filed for 2010 and 2011 but now I do have a job that is higher than the 100% poverty level it ask. Don't know what to send her when she goes for her interview and I'm kinda stress that it will be denied. Can someone fill me in please.

Thanks in advance

OBTW: I did work in 2009 and filed income tax for it but don't think it is enough though. I don't have unemployment benefits or any I just went to school after 2009. But I do have a saving but not that much.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The magic number is 125% of poverty level, for two people you are still fine. As for not having tax returns for 2010 & 2011 because you were in school you could write a simply letter explaining this, documentation never hurts. It may not hurt to ask a family member about being a co-sponsor (just in case), Manila is picky on co-sponsors but because you have been in school for the last couple years it may not be an issue. Follow the instructions for the I-134 and for sure read up on the Manila embassy as they have their own rules on some things it seems.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long do I need to work at my current job in order to file the I-134 (affidavit of support) for my fiancee K1 Visa?

I have already sent the I-129f package (Fiance(e) Petition). My fiancee and I are engaged and having a baby, she is in the Philippines and I'm here in Seattle we been together for over 1 year now. I have been a student in college and was unemployed from 2010-2011. I now have a job that pays $11.50/an hour ($22,080 annually) and I just started this week at this new job now will this be a problem when I file for the I-134 since I did NOT have income tax filed for 2010 and 2011 but now I do have a job that is higher than the 100% poverty level it ask. Don't know what to send her when she goes for her interview and I'm kinda stress that it will be denied. Can someone fill me in please.

Thanks in advance

OBTW: I did work in 2009 and filed income tax for it but don't think it is enough though. I don't have unemployment benefits or any I just went to school after 2009. But I do have a saving but not that much.

Lets try to look at this picture in a Positive way.

You have not even got the NOA1 yet. Thats short, it will come.

You have a 4 to 5 month waiting time for a NOA2

You have about 2 to 3 months after that before her Interview.

IN TOTAL.. About 8 to 9 months from now. There is alot of time to gather paystubs.

The G-325-A would Document you were in School.

Don't quit your job and don't loose hope. You have lots of time before documenting income requirements for her interview.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Get a letter from your employer before you leave stating your wage and hours per week. When you start your new job get a letter from them stating your wage and hours per week. You will need to supply bank statements showing your pay deposited into your account. A letter explaining you were a fulltime student in 2010/11 should accompany this, as well as a receipt showing you paid for the semesters you were at school.

Timeline

Get a letter from your employer before you leave stating your wage and hours per week. When you start your new job get a letter from them stating your wage and hours per week. You will need to supply bank statements showing your pay deposited into your account. A letter explaining you were a fulltime student in 2010/11 should accompany this, as well as a receipt showing you paid for the semesters you were at school.

I Agree with the Employment Letter and being a Full-Time Student. But, a Bank letter? Proof of paying-off a Student Loan?. No, Not really. Irrelevant.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

Hey thank for that info and suggestions but do i really have to show school receipt and semesters? I was under a federal grant and I stop school in 2011 because my fiancee got pregnant and I came back to the US looking for a job to support her and our future baby. I don't even know where to get the receipt or those info from, I can provide the rest of the info but the school thing might be a little difficult for me. Anyways thanks appreciate the help

Timeline

Hey thank for that info and suggestions but do i really have to show school receipt and semesters? I was under a federal grant and I stop school in 2011 because my fiancee got pregnant and I came back to the US looking for a job to support her and our future baby. I don't even know where to get the receipt or those info from, I can provide the rest of the info but the school thing might be a little difficult for me. Anyways thanks appreciate the help

NO. School is School. That information will not be asked.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Timeline

I Agree with the Employment Letter and being a Full-Time Student. But, a Bank letter? Proof of paying-off a Student Loan?. No, Not really. Irrelevant.

Yeah that's kinda weird that I even have to provide my school records I understand the financial records but school records umm that's a bit irrelevant isn't it?? I'm a young guy my fiancee is 20 I'm 22 and we were just students when we met and i did not have any financial status for awhile....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I never mentioned student loans. I would advise providing bank statements to show the income from your jobs is being deposited, which obviously would support the letters from your employer. If you're worried about not having tax returns I would show a copy of something stating you were a full-time student with the letter explaining that you were not working because you were a full-time student.

It's a suggestion, since you were concerned about not having tax returns. Is it required to show proof you were in school? Probably not. However, I've learned its better to be over-prepared in case they ask. Takes you 10 seconds to do, better than a headache later. If they don't ask for it what's the harm?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If the baby is born prior to your interview months down the line, you will need enough income for a household of 3 instead of 2.

Make a statement that you were a student, made no income and did not have to file. Provide a letter from your employer and pay stubs to show proof of your current income when it comes time for the interview.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I never mentioned student loans. I would advise providing bank statements to show the income from your jobs is being deposited, which obviously would support the letters from your employer. If you're worried about not having tax returns I would show a copy of something stating you were a full-time student with the letter explaining that you were not working because you were a full-time student.

It's a suggestion, since you were concerned about not having tax returns. Is it required to show proof you were in school? Probably not. However, I've learned its better to be over-prepared in case they ask. Takes you 10 seconds to do, better than a headache later. If they don't ask for it what's the harm?

Hey thanks again for that but I don't know where to get the school info at maybe I'll check on that just in case but again thanks for the help

Timeline

If the baby is born prior to your interview months down the line, you will need enough income for a household of 3 instead of 2.

Make a statement that you were a student, made no income and did not have to file. Provide a letter from your employer and pay stubs to show proof of your current income when it comes time for the interview.

yeah more likely she will be giving birth to the baby down the line and the new poverty level for 100% in the year 2012 is 19k now is this before taxes or after taxes? This whole visa thing is stress full I really want them here with me. Any experience or suggestion will do for me. Thanks

Edited by Christian S

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

yeah more likely she will be giving birth to the baby down the line and the new poverty level for 100% in the year 2012 is 19k now is this before taxes or after taxes? This whole visa thing is stress full I really want them here with me. Any experience or suggestion will do for me. Thanks

It is before taxes, your gross income. You should also strive for 125% instead of just 100% because most consulates want to see 125% since that is the amount that will be needed after you marry and file for AOS.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I agree that perhaps the CIR-1 is the best route for them. That way he can use his income as well as a joint sponsor to meet the poverty guidelines.

You'd hate to go through months of waiting just to find out that the CO would deny you for lacking that extra 25%. Or perhaps you can work 2 jobs for the mean time to provide you with that consistent extra income and it will help you with paying for all of the extra fees you have coming your way.

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.