ladyinred

ssn with restriction

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys,

i gotta big problem here my husband put my name on his tax return and he said the ssn is invalid and i tried to call the ssn today and no body are able to help to answer my question.i applied ssn 2 weeks ago i guess and recieve it 4 days ago or a week.and the tax office tried the e-verify and my social security no is not valid..i dont know what to do...has anybody have the same experience??thank you

ladyinred

Timeline

you have to go the SSN office yourself so that you can obtain a copy of what they have in their system. make sure your name is spelled exactly the same way as it appears on the SSN card. use the name on your SSN card to file your tax return.

thank you for your quick reply,

Yes we did use the name exact on the ssn card.but it says invalid no,okay i will go to thier office and ask them what is going on with my number.thank u once again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

hi guys,

i gotta big problem here my husband put my name on his tax return and he said the ssn is invalid and i tried to call the ssn today and no body are able to help to answer my question.i applied ssn 2 weeks ago i guess and recieve it 4 days ago or a week.and the tax office tried the e-verify and my social security no is not valid..i dont know what to do...has anybody have the same experience??thank you

ladyinred

E-verify with 4 days old SSN will always say it is invalid if you it yourself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hi guys,

ladyinred

Is he trying to e-file the tax return? It can take 2-3 weeks for the IRS computer system to get updated with the SSN computer system. You can either file a paper return by mail OR wait another couple weeks and try again.

There is no problem with your SSN

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

thank you for your quick reply,

Yes we did use the name exact on the ssn card.but it says invalid no,okay i will go to thier office and ask them what is going on with my number.thank u once again

Going to the office will not help, there is nothing wrong with your SSN and they will tell you that. when you ask why other government systems are not responding, they will not know...it is not their job to know what other agencies do. They will tell you to go ask at the IRS office and if you do they will say your number is not valid because it is not in their system yet.

Sit down, have a cup of tea.

Wait 2-3 weeks and do it again. VOILA!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

thank you garry and allah,

yes he did try that e-file for his tax,,because he hired somebody to to do his tax job,and then then guy called him yesterday and he said he did try everything,punch my name and my number and it kept kicking back,and it says invalid number,maybe u were right it does make sense to me,it might take couple of weeks until they my ssn will work,thank you for the information,have a bless day america and to you guys.

ladyinred

Timeline

thank you garry and allah,

yes he did try that e-file for his tax,,because he hired somebody to to do his tax job,and then then guy called him yesterday and he said he did try everything,punch my name and my number and it kept kicking back,and it says invalid number,maybe u were right it does make sense to me,it might take couple of weeks until they my ssn will work,thank you for the information,have a bless day america and to you guys.

ladyinred

I am not guessing

Our son got his green card on January 15, 2009 and we went soon thereafter to get his SSN (K-2s must have a green card to get an SSN) and a week later I tried to file my tax electronically. No luck. I was rejected saying that his number was not valid. I tried again every day for about 2 weeks and one day VOILA! it went through and have never had a problem since.

I think it was about 3 weeks after he got his SSN when they finally had it at the IRS, but that is the "problem" you are having, I am certain of it.

You will probably still get a faster refund if you wait the three weeks and then e-file, rather than send a paper return.

This is another good reason that I suggest you get your SSN the monet you get off the airplane, before you unpack your suitcase. There is no need to wait. However for a K-2 that is not possible

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.