swanman76

Interview Approved

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hola a todos.. estoy muy feliz mi visa fue aprobada.. y la entrevista fue muy facil.

Llegue super temprano, mi cita era a las 8.45 am. Primero me llamaron a la ventanilla 13 con un señorita muy amable, ella me pregunto de todo, cuando conoci a mi novio, cuando me propuse matrimonio, cuantas veces vino a peru, quien nos presento. Al parecer ella ya tenia bastante informacion porque al hablar de nuestro amigo ella me dijo que sabia de él. Me pidio todos los papeles de él y mios. Le conte como fue la historia, nunca me pido fotos y ni ningun documento adicional, ella escribia todo en la computadora. A mi parecer creo que este paso es muy importante ya que ella le pasa la informacion al consul.

Luego de pagar los 350 dolares me llamaron a la puerta numero 15 con el consul y me pregunto si mi novio hablaba español le dije que no, me pregunto si yo hablaba ingles le dije q si, y me pregunto solo donde lo conoci y cuando nos dimos cuenta que queriamos casarnos. Despues de eso me dijo su visa ha sido aprobada en español y yo le seguia hablando en ingles, creo que fue por los nervios. El tampoco me pidio ninguna foto o email nada de nada...

Espero que esta informacion les ayude..

No se preocupen la entrevista es facil, preparense bien en esas preguntas y todo estara bien.

Suerte a todos...

Timeline

I do have a couple of questions though. We have a very similar timeline and found their love in Peru. I thought that we did not pay for the visa now at the embassy but had to use the State Dept web page also I thought that only packet4 was used for Peru. Do they now require packet 3 and 4 and is it still possible to pay at the embassy? Which dr did you use for the medical? Thanks and reply after you get to celebrate the great news

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS ! :thumbs:

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I do have a couple of questions though. We have a very similar timeline and found their love in Peru. I thought that we did not pay for the visa now at the embassy but had to use the State Dept web page also I thought that only packet4 was used for Peru. Do they now require packet 3 and 4 and is it still possible to pay at the embassy? Which dr did you use for the medical? Thanks and reply after you get to celebrate the great news

Hi.. well yes u have to pay $350 the day of the interview. when they say package 3 or 4 its because the embassy first will send u a paper like a notification to fiance house then they will send u another package with the day of the interview.

About the medical, yes your fiance has to pay 300 soles for appointment and more money for vaccionations, thi is depends of the doctor.

Good lucks guys..

Timeline

Only one package is sent. The appointment letter and the instructions come together, they call it packet 3 AND 4. You don't need to submit anything prior to the interview like it used to be a couple of years ago... and the $350 is payed the same day, in window 14 :yes:

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Timeline

Only one package is sent. The appointment letter and the instructions come together, they call it packet 3 AND 4. You don't need to submit anything prior to the interview like it used to be a couple of years ago... and the $350 is payed the same day, in window 14 :yes:

Thanks for the info. This is how I thought it was but really got confused when sent to the Peru embassy web page. I went there only to see how to registar for DHL but it saod that payment now is only with a deposit dlip issued by them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.