Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thing is with the K1 it's kind of the ####### child of family-based visas. In an odd sort of way it's both - the DOS on their site classes it as non-immigrant whereas the embassies class it as immigrant. No-one really knows what to classify it as. But if London asks for a form or changes their procedures like they have this time, we basically respond by offering the form en masse (kind of like "Jump!" - "How high?"). So in other words, it's necessary.

As I said though, in your case you're exempt as you sent in all the old paper forms way back before even the change to DS-260 but I would play it safe and have one to hand just in case it gets asked for.

Understood, and so we've gone ahead and completed it. Now, she will have the confirmation page for DS-160 and DS-260. We're getting very anxious about the interview date as we still haven't heard anything from London Embassy. Comparing and judging from other timelines on VisaJourney, it looks like my fiancee should be scheduled for her interview in the next 2 weeks tops. I hope this is the case. Sigh

Timeline

Has anyone opted out to have the Visa and Passport sent to their domicile and picked up at a location instead? If you did, what was the experience in picking up and retrieving your documents? Did you find it easier and more safe?

Thanks a lot my Fiance's interview is on Friday! smile.png

God Bless You All.

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

I arranged to pick up my docs at the DX North London Depot. I live(d) a 15 min drive away, and decided to save myself $30 and the hassle of having to wait in for the courier, pickup was easy, although I went to the wrong door initially. Also when you check the tracking number it will say 'out for delivery' and I had to call DX and check that it wasn't, and was told on the phone that it was in fact waiting for me to pick up. GL!

I may change my mind nearer the time as panic/nerves set in, but I am unconvinced by the idea of taking a DS-260 with me when I have already submitted all the others and am exempt from its clutches anyway... huh.png

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

I may change my mind nearer the time as panic/nerves set in, but I am unconvinced by the idea of taking a DS-260 with me when I have already submitted all the others and am exempt from its clutches anyway... huh.png

I agree with you. They should be happy to take anything that was a proper document at the time it was submitted. The DS-260 was a short lived switch following the DS-230. Suddenly we have DS-160. Any switch is going to leave a few caught in the middle and they have always allowed some crossover until they can get everybody working off one page again. I don't think having a DS-260 or DS-160 allows them to have anymore info than they got from the previous printed forms as far as approving a visa. I think it is a step toward more efficiency moving forward with electronic submissions.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I agree with you. They should be happy to take anything that was a proper document at the time it was submitted. The DS-260 was a short lived switch following the DS-230. Suddenly we have DS-160. Any switch is going to leave a few caught in the middle and they have always allowed some crossover until they can get everybody working off one page again. I don't think having a DS-260 or DS-160 allows them to have anymore info than they got from the previous printed forms as far as approving a visa. I think it is a step toward more efficiency moving forward with electronic submissions.

Which is what I've been saying, as long as you have the stuff that's relevant for your time period of the process you should be fine. My stance on it though is to just be prepared in case they throw a curveball. There is one other positive change of this though - at least we'll have a DS-160 to show at the gate now in case people come up against that woman who yells at people for not having it or threatens to refuse entry to K1s for only having an appointment letter...

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

Quick question. Is it necessary for my fiancee to take any of the forms or documents I submitted along with the I129F to her interview? Or should she stick to the documents list outlined on the DOS website. She is still waiting for her interview date from the U.S. Embassy in London. She will, of course, take pictures of us to establish our relationship, etc.

For those who recently had interview in London Embassy, is there anything besides what's listed on the DOS website that is advised for her to bring to interview?

Thanks again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wheatley I totally agree with the "just in case of a curveball" attitude! :)

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
** transferred with 2nd group from VSC to TSC in late June
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
8/16/13 - Shipped from TSC
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
9/27/13 - CEAC Status Update
10/02/13 - DS-260 mailed in
10/15/13 - CEAC Status Update (DoS couldn't say what triggered it, did say no interview assigned, but all docs are in)
10/23/13 - Embassy email states they do not have our documents. Poor Steven does 160 again.
10/23/13 - DoS says our case is still "processing" and not "qualified" (interview ready) and to do newest forms.
11/05/13 - CEAC Update. DoS says case is "eligible for interview" and we're waiting on next interview date.
11/08/13 - Another call to DoS (Chris is a nice guy!) and no interview scheduled yet.
11/12/13 - Another call to DoS and no interview scheduled yet.
11/13/13 - Email from Embassy to Steven informing him that his interview is TOMORROW.
Hurray for Patron Saint of Immigrants - Mother Cabrini's Feast Day!
11/14/13 - INTERVIEW --- APPROVED!!!!!
11/19 & 11/20 - CEAC date update, but still at "Ready".
11/21 - CEAC Creation Date & Notice Changed.
11/22 - CEAC AP
11/25 - CEAC ISSUED -- yay!!
11/27 - DoS Shipment Notice (email) in AM. Pickup ready email sent in PM.
11/28 - Steven picks up docs from Bridgend - Happy Thanksgiving!
12/15/13 - Arrival in US. POE: JFK. (Heathrow - JKF - Richmond, VA by evening)
Getting Married in January with small ceremony.
Dream Beach Wedding with both families June 21, 2014

Timeline

Quick question. Is it necessary for my fiancee to take any of the forms or documents I submitted along with the I129F to her interview? Or should she stick to the documents list outlined on the DOS website. She is still waiting for her interview date from the U.S. Embassy in London. She will, of course, take pictures of us to establish our relationship, etc.

For those who recently had interview in London Embassy, is there anything besides what's listed on the DOS website that is advised for her to bring to interview?

Thanks again.

I'm a female the Fiancee, and I made my Fiance take a load of stuff that were not even asked for; lol like always the super organizer and detailed person that I am... headbonk.gif All the documents we submitted to USCIS not necessary!!! New proof of relationship it's okay, they could possibly want to see it, and the other extra stuff that I would take is DS-Forms to be on the safe side, plus of course the required things listed on DOS.

Hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The way see it is if they haven't stated on their website certain things we need to bring they can't really complain about people not having them,it says nothing on the website about us having to take these New ds forms so I'm not going to .if no one who's had their interview recently has been turned away for not having them ,we should all be fine :-)

Thanks again.

I didn't take any i-129F forms and they are not necessary and will not be asked for. I took only what was listed as required on the London Embassy website (not DOS, each Embassy has its own requirements) and they do not require proof of relationship either so she doesn't need photo's or any other proof etc.

I did take some additional supporting documentation specific to my situation: Divorce certificate, a deed poll name change document showing a change from the name on my birth certificate and a legal Consent Order signed my ex allowing me to take our children with me as K-2's.

*hops from foot to foot*

Interview tomorrow, gaaahhh! star_smile.gif

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

*hops from foot to foot*

Interview tomorrow, gaaahhh! star_smile.gif

Good luck!!!I got approved today :-D got in and out the embassy within a hour!! .

What do I look for regarding ceac now?it updated today but still says ready

Timeline

Had my interview today too. Approved. Did look for you jola didn't see you there was so many people there. I read your review glad you were approved too.

Good luck Jo Amelia you will be just fine. They really were all very nice and friendly.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.