Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone... Embassy received my packet 3 on September 20th, 2012.. My Fiancee's interview date was just confirmed over the phone today by "Department of State" after the monday holiday for "Columbus Day" here in the states... It is scheduled for October 25th, 2012... She sent all of her required forms in together along with the DS-2001... her medical was completed and results received 4 days prior to embassy receiving our packet 3. I checked with DOS on Wednesday October 3rd for the first time and they said all of our forms were logged and we were eligible for an interview date. I waited until today to call, so the interview may have even been scheduled the day after my first phone call 5 days ago or so.

The only thing we did that may, or may not, have influenced the time frame is that we detailed on the cover letter my travel dates back to London on November 8th to hopefully help her pack and await her visa.

Hope this helps

Hi, My fiance's interview is also on the 25th at 8:30am, perhaps they'll run into each other! Best of luck to you both! star_smile.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

thanks a lot.... good luck to you as well!... We are so excited now... can't believe we came this far!!!! I was stopped in Heathrow on june 29th for almost 4 hours.... I was interviewed, fingerprinted, photos taken, bags thoroughly checked, locked in waiting room... all while my fiancee waited for me at arrivals... I had chosen not to buy a return ticket since I intended to stay for 3 months and wanted to leave the option to come home earlier if need be.... they didn't like that at all!!! :) I told my entire story truthfully, showed them I had enough money to support myself, and explained I didn't intend to stay at all... I just wanted to spend some solid time with my fiancee to make sure we could live together well and were as compatible as we thought!:) (thankfully we were! haha!).... anyhow, after giving me a hard time for hours they let me go... I was pretty emotional thinking they wouldn't let me come there anymore!!!! thank god! Lesson learned! ALWAYS BUY A RETURN TICKET!!! When I return on November 8th I am overloading myself with proof of the visa and our return ticket itineraries! Good luck to everyone! Wish I could be in London on the 25th for support!!! Assuming all goes smoothly, I can't believe my fiancee will be coming home with me in November!!! WOW!!!

Edited by FastTrack

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2012-05-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-08-08

NVC Received : 2012-08-10

NVC Left : 2012-08-15

Consulate Received : 2012-08-20

Packet 3 Received : ONLINE

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-09-18

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2012-10-25 Submit Review

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

So, bit of a shock in the post this morning.

I had my medical 12 days ago and already my interview has dropped through the door. Penned in for the 16th November. I asked for the start of December but i guess i can not complain and it gets me out of Baghdad quicker.

Hi, My fiance's interview is also on the 25th at 8:30am, perhaps they'll run into each other! Best of luck to you both! star_smile.gif

Good luck to both of you - interviews are quite straight forward, we had ours yesterday in London :)

01/03/2010: Met / 08/2010: Dating - VISITS: 07/2010: US / 09/2010: UK / 11/2010: UK / 12/2010: US / 03/2011: US / 07/2011: US / 10/2011: UK / 11/2011: UK / 12/2011: US / 02/2012: UK / 07/2012: UK / 02/15/2012 : Engaged

02/28/2012 : I-129F Filed
09/06/2012 : NOA2 ... APPROVED in 188 days, no RFE
09/28/2012 : Medical
10/12/2012 : Interview - APPROVED!
10/28/2012 : POE - Washington DC
11/10/2012 : Wedding

12/17/2012 : AOS application forms: I-485 / I-765 filed
02/15/2013 : I-765 approved
06/07/2013 : I-131 (AP) approved

09/04/2013 : I-485 approved

09/11/2013 : Received Green Card

06/09/2015 : Filed ROC application I-751

12/17/2015 : New Green Card received (10 Yr)

10/20/2016 : Filed N-400 application for Naturalization

07/07/2017 : Naturalization interview - approved!

08/11/2017 : Oath Ceremony - Became a USC

Timeline

awesome...congrats... good to hear success stories leading up to her interview! Thanks for the well wishes..... we are flying into Dulles in DC... is that where you are flying into? If so, please write about your POE experience there after you do...

K1 Visa

Event Date

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

A question,

If you get your visa granted i know they say head over to the courier desk. Is it a set time as in it will be there in 2 weeks or can you pay for it in different grades to get it quicker?

The day is fixed by whenever the visa is issued. Could be 3-10 working days and it varies. Many are just a few days. You can pay extra for a time slot on your magic unknown day. That way you don't have to wait around all day. Like pay for before 8am, then go to work because the visa comes early. You can have it delivered to anywhere you write on the form. They say ID from you is required by the person who receives it, but many report they just hand it over without asking for anything.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

The day is fixed by whenever the visa is issued. Could be 3-10 working days and it varies. Many are just a few days. You can pay extra for a time slot on your magic unknown day. That way you don't have to wait around all day. Like pay for before 8am, then go to work because the visa comes early. You can have it delivered to anywhere you write on the form. They say ID from you is required by the person who receives it, but many report they just hand it over without asking for anything.

Perfect, as always thank you very much Nick.

I have my interview on the 16th November and don't get back from Baghdad until the 15th! Going to be a lot of panicking on my behalf i can tell you!

Regards

Perfect, as always thank you very much Nick.

I have my interview on the 16th November and don't get back from Baghdad until the 15th! Going to be a lot of panicking on my behalf i can tell you!

Regards

Godspeed. Be safe. (L)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi everyone! thanks for this wealth of information here, I never studied at school as much as I've studied this forum! (I'm sure I would've got a 1st class if I put in quarter the effort :unsure: )

Is my case unique/strange?? We got approved 24th Sept., my fiance called NVC 2 weeks later and learnt my information had been forwarded to London a week earlier, they gave my Case number but basically said I was now London's responsibility (which was also stated in the letter they later sent, that London will contact me with further instructions...). My fiance advised to call the embassy in London just to be sure they had received my file.

There the confusion starts! The person I spoke with said I was logged on their system, but they were waiting to get my forms & medicals results etc, and said NVC was supposed to send me the instructions, not them;I read out the NVC letter to him and he said they were wrong to say that! :huh: I asked about the popular packet 3, at least to let me know they were in possession of my application bla bla, and he said there was nothing on my case to say they were supposed to/going to send me anything, that NVC should've done that, and went on to advise me to go ahead and fill and send the forms from their website and book my medicals too

Thanks to this great forum, i wasn't totally lost/confused, so I've sent out my forms, have my medicals this Friday 19th Oct.

I just found it strange that if my restless and impatient fiance :P hadn't convinced me to call (the premium number!), we would've wasted a lot of time waiting for a letter/packet that would not come :(

Also please how do you guys keep track of when your application/documents went through the different stages - received at xyz, sent out to xyz, logged at xyz?? I seem to be out of touch on that one, pls help!

and sorry I wrote an essay here :innocent:

From what you wrote, it sounds as if the person you spoke with may have thought you were filing a spousal visa rather than the K-1. :unsure:

Also please how do you guys keep track of when your application/documents went through the different stages - received at xyz, sent out to xyz, logged at xyz?? I seem to be out of touch on that one, pls help!

and sorry I wrote an essay here :innocent:

Do you mean on VJ? You can use the timeline feature and enter in dates as things are sent off or received. Additionally, you can just put the info in your signature file as you go through the various stages. If you mean personally, a spreadsheet or a Word doc is easy enough to list the information along with a physical file folder for storing all the various paperwork.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

we never received a packet 3 or an embassy letter either.... Had to use VJ forums to find out about the webpage with all of the instructions... I completely relate to the comment about the studying for visa more than school... I guess we do it out of love and longing to be with our Fiancee's..... I wish I would have had a passion like this when I was younger to push me through school... Rarely have I been this focused on something! :)

Good Luck

K1 Visa

Event Date

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

we never received a packet 3 or an embassy letter either.... Had to use VJ forums to find out about the webpage with all of the instructions... I completely relate to the comment about the studying for visa more than school... I guess we do it out of love and longing to be with our Fiancee's..... I wish I would have had a passion like this when I was younger to push me through school... Rarely have I been this focused on something! :)

Good Luck

I am exactly the same, we had nothing through the post at all. I rang the premium line and told me it had been sent 2 weeks before!

Lucky that i called, although how expensive it is it would not surprise me if they do not send it out on purpose so they know you will call them.

Received my interview letter no problems at all.

From what you wrote, it sounds as if the person you spoke with may have thought you were filing a spousal visa rather than the K-1. :unsure:

Do you mean on VJ? You can use the timeline feature and enter in dates as things are sent off or received. Additionally, you can just put the info in your signature file as you go through the various stages. If you mean personally, a spreadsheet or a Word doc is easy enough to list the information along with a physical file folder for storing all the various paperwork.

Yeah I guess so about the confusion, I just left it as I didn't want to seem to be dragging it with him.

About the logging of dates, sorry I meant how do you find out these dates? from a US website or through phone calls? We called NVC and learnt they had received and sent out my case file to London already, but they didn't specify when they received it, same with US embassy London, they just informed I had been logged on their system. should I have been more specific in asking for dates they received, logged and sent out my file from these different places? Everyone seems to have a grip on specific dates and stages their cases pass through from NOA2 through to the Interview, except me :unsure:

Good Luck

:yes: that's true, never under-estimate what we do for love! Makes me feel a bit better about not receiving any packet/instructions from the embassy here, was getting a bit concerned.

Thanks and good luck too! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.