samantha_fiel

I have a Question please!!!!!

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

MY AOS still on process. I'm not allowed to work yet if you dont have a greencard or employment authorization.

However, the grocery store on post is looking for a bagger just for a tip. It's some sort of a volunteer. The customer will give you a tip but the store wont pay you.

So, is it ok or I will be in trouble with it?

Thank you!

july 21 - sent it to chicago

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

August 29 - transfered to Vermont Service Center

August 30 to October 4 - Never touched

October 5 - recieved my case

October 6 - touched and received email from CRIS THAT they have recieved my case for processing. Thanks !

october 7 - touched! gosh! they are working with my case now!!!

october 9 - touched again almost everyday they touched it!

october 13 - touched again

October 16 - touched

October 26 - touched again after 10 days..

October 26 - at 5:20 pm I received a letter from CRIS that my case was approved and they ordered my new card.

October 27 - touched and received email that they sent the welcome letter hhehehehe

October 28 - sent welcome notice

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

October 31 - no welcome notice...but GREEN CARD IS HERE!!![/color]

( in my Green Card it says that I am legal resident here in the US starting October 23, 2006)

hi there

very interesting ...im new to all this tipping business cos we dont do it in oz..

but arent you suppose to declare tips at tax time..

if the company isnt paying you a wage would you be on their records as being employed by them...

maybe ring to actually ask this question...and maybe someone else might be able to help you that is more knowledgeable on this subject...

good luck

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If I'm not mistaken, any pay UP TO a certain amount is not required to be counted. BUT, to accept payment in the form of tips MIGHT be seen as income to the USCIS. Please understand, this is JUST my opinion. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hey guys,

MY AOS still on process. I'm not allowed to work yet if you dont have a greencard or employment authorization.

However, the grocery store on post is looking for a bagger just for a tip. It's some sort of a volunteer. The customer will give you a tip but the store wont pay you.

Thank you!

Since You are an Asian ..I would Suggest You To Reach Out to Some Indian or Pakisatani Folks,They Might Help You Out

waycool.gif

--------------------------------------------

Naturalization:

--------------------------------------------

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Bye USCIS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Since You are an Asian ..I would Suggest You To Reach Out to Some Indian or Pakisatani Folks,They Might Help You Out

Race doesnt matter. America is America.

To the OP, I am not too sure its a pretty tricky situation. I personally would be kinda "iffy" only because you are making some sort of income.

Hey guys,

Thank you!

What's up dude??????????

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Race doesnt matter. America is America.

To the OP, I am not too sure its a pretty tricky situation. I personally would be kinda "iffy" only because you are making some sort of income.

wow stina you got approved without interview? I have no info yet about my case that was transfered in Vermont. They never touch it too since it was transfered. I gave a ring to USCIS but that was the latest in their data base (that my case was transfered). Im bored that is why i want to find something to keep me busy.

Congratulations!

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

October 6 - touched and received email from CRIS THAT they have recieved my case for processing. Thanks !

October 16 - touched

October 26 - at 5:20 pm I received a letter from CRIS that my case was approved and they ordered my new card.

October 27 - touched and received email that they sent the welcome letter hhehehehe

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

( in my Green Card it says that I am legal resident here in the US starting October 23, 2006)

It is income and it is considered employment.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

wow stina you got approved without interview? I have no info yet about my case that was transfered in Vermont. They never touch it too since it was transfered. I gave a ring to USCIS but that was the latest in their data base (that my case was transfered). Im bored that is why i want to find something to keep me busy.

Congratulations!

Yeah the USCIS phone line is pretty unhelpful. When I called to follow up on the change of address before I was approved, they let me in on the status of my case and literally read what I read on my portfolio on their website.

I hope you hear something soon, you have been very patient!

Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Off Topic... Samantha, have you found out why you were transfered to Vermont? If it's because of your husband being Military, I would like they would've got to it by now. Have you called anyone or gone for an infopass yet?

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

samantha_fiel,

You shouldn't have any issues with regard to the USCIS and your adjustment of status, you might have some issues with regard to the IRS (that I do not know how you might handle).

Yodrak

Hey guys,

Thank you!

if you are to receive money as 'tips' there is no reason you should have any issues with anything at all, b/c you do not even have to fill out the employment application, and that paper about texes and being a US citizen, so as long as you dont have to fill out any of that you are fine, and tips.. being in cash, are completely 'under the table' so no1 will know of your income

Off Topic... Samantha, have you found out why you were transfered to Vermont? If it's because of your husband being Military, I would like they would've got to it by now. Have you called anyone or gone for an infopass yet?

I phoned a ring to USCIS twice and asked why they transfered my case but they didnt know. I told them that I attached a deployment order of my husband and the lady said maybe they will speed it up the process.

I called again asking if they already recieved my case in vermont but the guy can't tell because in his data base only information was it was transfered to Vermont.

I think it was transfered because I attached the deployment order of my husband? At the bottom of the letter it says.

to Canuck...

I phoned USCIS twice and asked why they transfered my case but they didnt know. I told them that I attached a deployment order of my husband and the lady said maybe they will speed it up the process but she isnt sure.

I called again asking if they already recieved my case in vermont but the guy can't tell because in his data base only information was it was transfered to Vermont.

I think it was transfered because I attached the deployment order of my husband? At the bottom of the letter it says. THIS IS TO ADVICE YOU THAT IN ORDER TO SPEED PROCESSING WE HAVE TRANSFERED THE ABOVE CASE TO THE FOLLOWING INS OFFICE. VERMONT SERVICE CENTER. .....THE OFFICE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF THE DECISION MADE ON THE APPLICATION OR PETITION.

Do you think it's because of the deployment order? Do you think they are working it now?

Do I need to have an Infopass?

It's just that other people was approved after 2 and half months or 3 months. So, I think I'll wait until end of October.

samantha_fiel

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

October 16 - touched

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

I phoned a ring to USCIS twice and asked why they transfered my case but they didnt know. I told them that I attached a deployment order of my husband and the lady said maybe they will speed it up the process.

I think it was transfered because I attached the deployment order of my husband? At the bottom of the letter it says.

to Canuck...

I phoned USCIS twice and asked why they transfered my case but they didnt know. I told them that I attached a deployment order of my husband and the lady said maybe they will speed it up the process but she isnt sure.

I think it was transfered because I attached the deployment order of my husband? At the bottom of the letter it says. THIS IS TO ADVICE YOU THAT IN ORDER TO SPEED PROCESSING WE HAVE TRANSFERED THE ABOVE CASE TO THE FOLLOWING INS OFFICE. VERMONT SERVICE CENTER. .....THE OFFICE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF THE DECISION MADE ON THE APPLICATION OR PETITION.

Do you think it's because of the deployment order? Do you think they are working it now?

It's just that other people was approved after 2 and half months or 3 months. So, I think I'll wait until end of October.

samantha_fiel

to Canuk:

I am also wondering because in Vermont processing time there is no I-485 based on marriage. It was based on employment.

July 31 - receipt number

August 3 - Noa 2

August 16 - biometrics

October 16 - touched

October 30 - touched

October 31 - touched

samantha_fiel,

I would make the InfoPass appointment. Take all of your paperwork regarding the application for adjustment with you.

Yodrak

to Canuck...

samantha_fiel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.