caduceus37

nbi clearance

138 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi wally:) yeah,we were both ignorant that time,it wasnt done intentionally,all we knw that time was get married and be together.no body is perfect and everybody makes mistake.all we wanted now is to fix what needed to fix,move on to our new journey and hope for the best.

my fiance is not rich:) he travels yearly but he save money from his salary and tax yearly,i never ask how much he makes hahahaha...seriously i dont!! in fact he was complaining why im not interested of the money he makes monthly.yeah..plane ticket is very expensive.its alot of money if you converted into peso.

he cant attend the iterview because of his job.he needs to file a leave first and its too late,its ok.i have no choice but to do it myself.as what i have said..it is judgement time,my fiance said.if theres problem then work on it again.im lucky to have my fiance in my life.he is my strenght in life.i always pray to god for our situation,i want to take care of my fiance,i want to love him more and more.i wish the consul wil interview us is nice....any tips???

All I can say is be truthful and explain if they ask why what happen on your annulments. There is not way to tell which Consulate you will get and how they will respond. It random. Whatever number is called for you, that will be your Consulate Officers.

We will be praying for a Good outcome.. Let us know once the give you a interview date..

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

i like that sign...APPROVED!!! i wish!!! hahahaha...hey wally,thanks for everything! youre really such a very helpful vj friend.im lucky:)

well,im not expecting any visa yet,i know theres more problem after the interview,but its ok,at least i will know what to do after.as what you always say...its a process,its a journey.i hope time will come for me and my fiance to be together forever.lke you and your wife:)

Yes we want the same for you and your husband because we are in the same journey. Different circumstances but same journey. Life is funny like that. In all my years. I watch the worst of the worst get things in life that I think they don't deserve and others that deserve go through the hardest times with everything but GOD does everything for a reason.

I can't judge nobody. Only observe and have an opinion. That's just me.

By the way,how many photos i need to present on my interview? i have thousands( literally) of photos and cards,since 2003 up to present.LOL

5 good picture for each year. Some people bring all but I read here they don't even look at them. In your case, anything to add strength to your proof of relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

By the way,how many photos i need to present on my interview? i have thousands( literally) of photos and cards,since 2003 up to present.LOL

Hi wally,can i ask how many photos i need to present on my interview? i have thousands( literally) of photos and cards,since 2003 up to present.LOL

or i just present photos of his last travel 2011...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi wally,i didnt get nbi,my fiance said to wait for the interview and get whatever embassy wants.expect 221g:(

i dont know whatelse right? its judgement time:( i really appreciate what you said about to think on the whole circumstances.thank you.i wish youre the consul who will interview me...i wish!! i wish!!! i wish!! or nice as you or who understands my status like you...

NBI is a required document for the k-1 visa, waiting until later to provide it does not make sense. They are not complicated to request, just request it, add AKA names when doing it and pay the fee. Totally do not understand ... "waiting to get a 221g" when it isn't necessary!!!

My Fiancee has already ordered her's and we don't have our NOA2 yet. She is scheduled to pick it up next week.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

NBI is a required document for the k-1 visa, waiting until later to provide it does not make sense. They are not complicated to request, just request it, add AKA names when doing it and pay the fee. Totally do not understand ... "waiting to get a 221g" when it isn't necessary!!!

My Fiancee has already ordered her's and we don't have our NOA2 yet. She is scheduled to pick it up next week.

100% agreed. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Here is what the Embassy says about the issue:

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. It is important that you submit ALL of the following documentation to facilitate the processing of your application. You may be asked to return for another appointment if you fail to bring any of these documents:

~ snip ~

NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI website is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.

My link.

Edited by Tahoma

Timeline

100% agreed. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Here is what the Embassy says about the issue:

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. It is important that you submit ALL of the following documentation to facilitate the processing of your application. You may be asked to return for another appointment if you fail to bring any of these documents:

~ snip ~

NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI website is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.

My link.

Hi wally,thanks:) Tahoma and hank-amy..i already have nbi right now using my name,same in my birth certificate,its just i had my previous marriages annuled..i didnt get new new nbi with aka.thanks:)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi wally,thanks:) Tahoma and hank-amy..i already have nbi right now using my name,same in my birth certificate,its just i had my previous marriages annuled..i didnt get new new nbi with aka.thanks:)

so request one with your AKA and save getting a 221, better safe then sorry. Really!

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

so request one with your AKA and save getting a 221, better safe then sorry. Really!

Hi Wally:) my fiance will call the embassy tom for the rescheduling.I'll keep my fingers crossed:( Help me God:(

Filed: Timeline

Normally I would tell the OP just to take what is minimally required, to keep the interview short and sweet, however, this is one of the cases where she needs to go in loaded for bear, and not leave any issues unanswered, or the CO will take this case to the next level. The CO may do it anyways, just because of the complications regarding her true marital status. That will definitely be the issue that will concern the CO the most.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Congratulations!!! On your Visa Approval. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Now you need to wait for your passports and visas. Then CFO seminar. Then book flight!!! USA Bound Whoohoo!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

It will take 5 - 10 days for 2GO to receive visa and passport from USEM.

2GO locator:

http://www.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/outlets.asp

2GO Tracking (enter MNL number):

http://www.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

Once you have received your passport with visa. Now its time for CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas).

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation - Center for Overseas Workers.

CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) Information.

CFO Seminar is a 1 day seminar and process.

You and your daughter will need to register for seminar.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348%3Afiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140&Itemid=813

CFO is to inform Filipinos about the country they are traveling to. The Good, Bad and Ugly. They will ask her some questions and issue her CFO sticker and seminar certificate.

Requirements for Registration:

Original and photocopy of Passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);

Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;

Duly completed emigrant registration form; and

Payment of the authorized registration fee.

Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348%3Afiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140&Itemid=813

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph; (Postal ID, NBI Clearance, Passport w/ Visa)

Duly completed guidance and counseling form;

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/overseasbasedemigrantform.pdf

If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)

Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

If you fiancee is under 25 yrs. She will need a written consent letter from her parents or a parent will need to be there with her to give consent of there child's marriage.

> If you are between the ages of 21-24, CFO may require you to submit a letter of parental advice to marry.

> If you are between the ages of 18-20, CFO may require you to submit a letter of parental consent to marry.

Here's why you didn't see anything on the CFO website about those requirements:

The following is from the CFO website:

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)

Other documents as may be required by the counselors <-----------------------------

CFO link.

The following forms may come in handy:

Sworn statement that advice of parents or guardian has been asked. (for those who are 21-24 years old)

Consent to marriage of a person under age. (for those who are 18-20 years old)

Marriage applicants who are age 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry). The revised Family Code of the Philippines, which took effect on August 4, 1988, prohibits marriage for individuals below the age of 18.

U.S. Department of State link.

The quote above is from the section where they are talking about getting married in the Philippines. However, the CFO has been known to require parental advice or parental consent from K-1ers.

It's all on the Consular's discretion whether they require consent from a parent or guardian.

SMEF-Center for Overseas Workers

Good Shepherd Convent

1043 Aurora Boulevard

Quezon City 1108

Philippines

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/

Once CFO seminar is completed, you’re done. Book the Flight!! :dance:

You will need to pay a NAIA International Departure Fee: PHP 550 mandatory at NAIA.

Also so other that are joining VJ. It is very helpful for other if you fill out your timeline. Go to Profile. Then Time Line under My Information. Then Edit / Add My Entry. There you fill-out from when your fiance filed. All the way until Visa Approval.

Timeline

Congratulations!!! On your Visa Approval. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Now you need to wait for your passports and visas. Then CFO seminar. Then book flight!!! USA Bound Whoohoo!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

It will take 5 - 10 days for 2GO to receive visa and passport from USEM.

2GO locator:

http://www.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/tools/outlets.asp

2GO Tracking (enter MNL number):

http://www.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

Once you have received your passport with visa. Now its time for CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas).

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation - Center for Overseas Workers.

CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) Information.

CFO Seminar is a 1 day seminar and process.

You and your daughter will need to register for seminar.

CFO is to inform Filipinos about the country they are traveling to. The Good, Bad and Ugly. They will ask her some questions and issue her CFO sticker and seminar certificate.

Requirements for Registration:

Original and photocopy of Passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);

Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;

Duly completed emigrant registration form; and

Payment of the authorized registration fee.

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph; (Postal ID, NBI Clearance, Passport w/ Visa)

Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and

If you fiancee is under 25 yrs. She will need a written consent letter from her parents or a parent will need to be there with her to give consent of there child's marriage.

> If you are between the ages of 21-24, CFO may require you to submit a letter of parental advice to marry.

> If you are between the ages of 18-20, CFO may require you to submit a letter of parental consent to marry.

Here's why you didn't see anything on the CFO website about those requirements:

The following is from the CFO website:

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;

Other documents as may be required by the counselors <-----------------------------

CFO link.

The following forms may come in handy:

Sworn statement that advice of parents or guardian has been asked. (for those who are 21-24 years old)

Consent to marriage of a person under age. (for those who are 18-20 years old)

Marriage applicants who are age 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry). The revised Family Code of the Philippines, which took effect on August 4, 1988, prohibits marriage for individuals below the age of 18.

U.S. Department of State link.

The quote above is from the section where they are talking about getting married in the Philippines. However, the CFO has been known to require parental advice or parental consent from K-1ers.

It's all on the Consular's discretion whether they require consent from a parent or guardian.

SMEF-Center for Overseas Workers

Good Shepherd Convent

1043 Aurora Boulevard

Quezon City 1108

Philippines

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/

Once CFO seminar is completed, you’re done. Book the Flight!! :dance:

You will need to pay a NAIA International Departure Fee: PHP 550 mandatory at NAIA.

Also so other that are joining VJ. It is very helpful for other if you fill out your timeline. Go to Profile. Then Time Line under My Information. Then Edit / Add My Entry. There you fill-out from when your fiance filed. All the way until Visa Approval.

Hi Wally,just read you message:) thanks! my daughter is only 10yrs old? does she need to attend? where can i get an Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;

Duly completed emigrant registration form? confuse!!

Do i need to bring cenomar,annulment records? thanks wally:)

Timeline

Hi Wally,just read you message:) thanks! my daughter is only 10yrs old? does she need to attend? where can i get an Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;

Duly completed emigrant registration form? confuse!!

Do i need to bring cenomar,annulment records? thanks wally:)

Hi caduceus

No. Your daughter does not have to attend the CFO seminar but she must register.

Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminars

Those who are 12 years old and below are exempted from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. Children of emigrants, aged 13 to 19, are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

You will do that by filling out a form with all your daughter's information and provide the following required documents. Also bring your daughters passport with visa.

Original and photocopy of passport (must be valid about six months before date of travel)

Original and photocopy of visa

One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph

Duly completed registration form for Emigrants

Payment of P400.00 registration fee

Sorry to confuse you on the certificate and emigrant form.

You will get the certificate when you attend and complete the Guidance Counseling Seminar.

The Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate is required when you need to get the CFO sticker.

Basically you will attend the seminar and pay P250. Then you will receive your CFO guidance and counseling certificate. Then you will need to get your CFO sticker which they will place in the passports. You will pay P400 each sticker. All will be done in the same building. Just ask a guard or counselor where to get your sticker after you have received your CFO guidance and counseling certificate.

CFO Guidance and Counseling

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=68

Let me know if you understand.

Timeline

Hi caduceus

No. Your daughter does not have to attend the CFO seminar but she must register.

Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminars

Those who are 12 years old and below are exempted from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. Children of emigrants, aged 13 to 19, are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

You will do that by filling out a form with all your daughter's information and provide the following required documents. Also bring your daughters passport with visa.

Original and photocopy of passport (must be valid about six months before date of travel)

Original and photocopy of visa

One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph

Payment of P400.00 registration fee

Sorry to confuse you on the certificate and emigrant form.

You will get the certificate when you attend and complete the Guidance Counseling Seminar.

The Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate is required when you need to get the CFO sticker.

Basically you will attend the seminar and pay P250. Then you will receive your CFO guidance and counseling certificate. Then you will need to get your CFO sticker which they will place in the passports. You will pay P400 each sticker. All will be done in the same building. Just ask a guard or counselor where to get your sticker after you have received your CFO guidance and counseling certificate.

CFO Guidance and Counseling

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=68

Let me know if you understand.

Hi Wally:) thank you so much for the info:) i'm still waiting for my visa and will attend the CFO:) i let you know :)Then after the seminar,my fiance can book our ticket:) wow!! i remember how depressed i was with my psychological test,NBI and interview but now...wow,i still cant believe my visa got approved.again! thank you so much for your big help:) By the way,i'm curious,other filipina says,the immigration is very strict when we travel to U.S. what papers do i need to bring with us? do i need to bring original decision letter of my annulment? the consul took all my original documents of my annulment.may i know what are the documents i need to bring? thanks wally:)

Timeline

Hi Wally:) thank you so much for the info:) i'm still waiting for my visa and will attend the CFO:) i let you know :)Then after the seminar,my fiance can book our ticket:) wow!! i remember how depressed i was with my psychological test,NBI and interview but now...wow,i still cant believe my visa got approved.again! thank you so much for your big help:) By the way,i'm curious,other filipina says,the immigration is very strict when we travel to U.S. what papers do i need to bring with us? do i need to bring original decision letter of my annulment? the consul took all my original documents of my annulment.may i know what are the documents i need to bring? thanks wally:)

When you travel to USA and get to the POE. All you will need to do bring is passports with visa, pen(Black ink), CFO Stickers and Blue CFO certificates, Medical packages w/ CDs (Do Not Open that package). On the Flight you will fill out your I-94 form. That form will be given to you on the US bound flight. You will need to give that form to the Immigration Officer at POE.

Also make sure that all airport fees are include in the ticket price. If it is not included (Most international flights include the Travel Tax and Airport fees) Travel Tax is PHP 1,620. When your fiancee books the flight. Make sure he checks to see that all airport fees are include. He can also call up the airlines and ask. Make sure he sends you via email the full flight itinerary which line item the taxes that are included. NAIA will try and get you to pay the Travel Tax but show them the itinerary and you will be good to go. Only payment you will need to make at the airport is the departure tax P500 each.

Wear a jacket and warm socks. As it will be chilly on the flight. They will have blankets on the flights.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.