Lan&Mike

Question in writing down the letter of intent (both beneficieary & petitioner)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello there,

Even though i got the example of Letter of Intent, i still don't know how to write it. I have to admit that i am so silly and stupid and i really need your help.

As in my case, i am a beneficiary while my fiance is petitioner for me. And one of members in this site already made his posted here about this. Below is a post of his letter of intent for his fiancee:

Fiancé Letter of Intent

-Non U.S address-

-USCIS address-

-Date-

To Whom It May Concern:

I, -Foriegn Fiancé-, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry -USC-, and intend to do so within 90 days of my entry into the United States using the K-1 Visa.

Signed,

-Signature-

Is it correct? And if so, what about this part " or when submitting for interview - United States Department of State, United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located][embassy address] " ? Why didn't he fill in that part? If we don't mention the address of embassy here, then why do they put it there? What for?

And if the letter of intent for beneficiary above is correct, then how is the letter of intent for petitioner supposed to be?

Tks in advance and have nice days,

Lan&Mike

Edited by Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Thanks to my GOD for helping me find him - my love!!!

LAN & MIKE forever and ever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The part that mentions the embassy and the embassy's address is supposed to be written in a new letter of intent that will be sent to you closer to the interview date. The one you'll be sending now (with I-129f, G-325A, and the other documents) will be addressed to USCIS.

The letter written by the petitioner can be almost identical to the example you posted. Just change the "I - *the USC petitioner* - ........... to marry - *the applicant* -, .....

The example you posted can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We submitted our K-1 petition before ever finding this website, and we had nothing to go by. So we both wrote our own letters, both basically saying that we both are free to marry and intend to get married within the 90 day timeframe. No embassy/consulate address, nothing. Just dated and signed. The letter you've posted is fine, and just substitute each other's names in the appropriate slots. When you get to the visa interview stage, that's when you put in the appropriate mailing address of the consulate you are dealing with if you wish when you submit updated letters of intent.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
We submitted our K-1 petition before ever finding this website, and we had nothing to go by. So we both wrote our own letters, both basically saying that we both are free to marry and intend to get married within the 90 day timeframe. No embassy/consulate address, nothing. Just dated and signed. The letter you've posted is fine, and just substitute each other's names in the appropriate slots. When you get to the visa interview stage, that's when you put in the appropriate mailing address of the consulate you are dealing with if you wish when you submit updated letters of intent.

Tks to you both,

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Thanks to my GOD for helping me find him - my love!!!

LAN & MIKE forever and ever

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi there its best to just write USCIS-

my name, where i live, what i do for a living, tell about yourself,your age, how u met your fiancee, and how u fell in love, when you met, what u did together while u were together, what your family thinks about her, ... i was told by my atty that it best be at least 2-3 pages long. tell everything u can about your relationship from beginning and to present time... and how u miss her and what not.. and what u want in the future and make sure that it fits with her intent letter... you dont want to put something in detail and then hers say something diff.. so check with her.. then at the end of letter write that u intend to marry within 90 days of arriving into the U.S. best of luck!!!!

michelle/otman

Hello there,

Even though i got the example of Letter of Intent, i still don't know how to write it. I have to admit that i am so silly and stupid and i really need your help.

As in my case, i am a beneficiary while my fiance is petitioner for me. And one of members in this site already made his posted here about this. Below is a post of his letter of intent for his fiancee:

Fiancé Letter of Intent

-Non U.S address-

-USCIS address-

-Date-

To Whom It May Concern:

I, -Foriegn Fiancé-, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry -USC-, and intend to do so within 90 days of my entry into the United States using the K-1 Visa.

Signed,

-Signature-

Is it correct? And if so, what about this part " or when submitting for interview - United States Department of State, United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located][embassy address] " ? Why didn't he fill in that part? If we don't mention the address of embassy here, then why do they put it there? What for?

And if the letter of intent for beneficiary above is correct, then how is the letter of intent for petitioner supposed to be?

Tks in advance and have nice days,

Lan&Mike

AOS

02/06/2007 - sent AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/14/2007 - fees came through the bank, it's rolling!!

02/20/2007 - letter for Biometrics appointment on 03/01/2007

03/01/2007 - Biometrics appointment was painless

03/10/2007 - NOA1 AOS was transferred to CSC!!!!

03/28/2007 - touched AOS

03/29/2007 - touched AOS

04/06/2007 - welcoming letter (by email)

04/11/2007 - AOS approval (by email)

04/12/2007 - 2yr. green card in hand...omg!!

06/29/2007 - bought our new house

Mr. & Mrs. Otman Elaroussi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

my name, where i live, what i do for a living, tell about yourself,your age, how u met your fiancee, and how u fell in love, when you met, what u did together while u were together, what your family thinks about her, ... i was told by my atty that it best be at least 2-3 pages long. tell everything u can about your relationship from beginning and to present time... and how u miss her and what not.. and what u want in the future and make sure that it fits with her intent letter... you dont want to put something in detail and then hers say something diff.. so check with her.. then at the end of letter write that u intend to marry within 90 days of arriving into the U.S. best of luck!!!!

michelle/otman

The letter of intent does not have to be 2-3 pages long! The example already posted in this thread has been proven time and again to be sufficient. Your attorney is confusing that with question 18 on the form asking how/when you met your fiance -- and that does not have to be 2-3 pages long either.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

thats good then i am just saying what my atty told me and my fiance to do. thats what he wanted.. he did say it would be better thats all. there is nothing wrong with more evidence of intent. best of luck and y r people so rude...

michelle/otman

michelle/otman

The letter of intent does not have to be 2-3 pages long! The example already posted in this thread has been proven time and again to be sufficient. Your attorney is confusing that with question 18 on the form asking how/when you met your fiance -- and that does not have to be 2-3 pages long either.

AOS

02/06/2007 - sent AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/14/2007 - fees came through the bank, it's rolling!!

02/20/2007 - letter for Biometrics appointment on 03/01/2007

03/01/2007 - Biometrics appointment was painless

03/10/2007 - NOA1 AOS was transferred to CSC!!!!

03/28/2007 - touched AOS

03/29/2007 - touched AOS

04/06/2007 - welcoming letter (by email)

04/11/2007 - AOS approval (by email)

04/12/2007 - 2yr. green card in hand...omg!!

06/29/2007 - bought our new house

Mr. & Mrs. Otman Elaroussi

michelle/otman

:thumbs:

just goes to show that attorneys don't always know what they are talking about. :lol: my answer to question 18 was three paragraphs.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
The part that mentions the embassy and the embassy's address is supposed to be written in a new letter of intent that will be sent to you closer to the interview date. The one you'll be sending now (with I-129f, G-325A, and the other documents) will be addressed to USCIS.

The letter written by the petitioner can be almost identical to the example you posted. Just change the "I - *the USC petitioner* - ........... to marry - *the applicant* -, .....

The example you posted can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

Just to add that you should have a new letter of intent too for the interview.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.