sassoon

Case Closed, but have to wait for visa number ~ 2 years

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I got really excited when NVC asked for Affidavit of Support, and later visa application for my wife's case. We sent in everything, even original documents (they didn't take notarized translations of marriage certificate, etc.). Then they said case is closed but there is no visa number, we have to wait for our priority date which is Jan 2011. That means a really long time to wait. Doesn't it sound unusual that the case is closed so early? NVC is holding my wife's original documents like birth certificate, our marriage certificate, etc... why did they ask for these documents if we had to wait for another two years or so?

Does anyone know of a similar situation? Is this usual? I didn't think so. but who knows...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yeah i had the same issue but my mom had applied for me .. :( ...

i am done with my interview and had given all my documents to embassy

but my priority date gonna b current next month Insha-ALLAH :) :)

i hope i get my visa by end of march :( !!!!

My Pd Is July 5,2009 !!!

APPROVED VISA ISSUED ON : MARCH 14,2012 :)

Visa In Hand: March 16th 2012 :)

Good Luck to The Rest who r in waiting listtt

POE: 12th April 2012 InshaALLAH Ameen :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I got really excited when NVC asked for Affidavit of Support, and later visa application for my wife's case. We sent in everything, even original documents (they didn't take notarized translations of marriage certificate, etc.). Then they said case is closed but there is no visa number, we have to wait for our priority date which is Jan 2011. That means a really long time to wait. Doesn't it sound unusual that the case is closed so early? NVC is holding my wife's original documents like birth certificate, our marriage certificate, etc... why did they ask for these documents if we had to wait for another two years or so?

Does anyone know of a similar situation? Is this usual? I didn't think so. but who knows...

Back in 2010, the PD for the F2a category was only a few months behind. The State Dept. issues the Visa Bulletin. The NVC collects the documents. Sometimes, they fail to coordinate. In 2011, Retrogression hit the F2a category - essentially adding another 2 years. This is why the documents may have been collected so early - Retrogression and the State Dept. didn't tell the NVC.

The situation is unusual because Retrogression occurred in the F2a category at the same time you filed.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

sassoon, what's your priority date and when did you get NOA2 from vermont? I am mid February 2011 and still haven't heard anything.

My PD (or rather my wive's) is Jan 6 2011. The I 130 application was approved sometime in June or July 2011. Then I got a letter saying now is the time for the next steps, sometime in November. In the course of 2 months or so we sent AOS and visa application, all the fees and documents they asked for. Now there is nothing left. I guess that saves us a couple of months when the PD becomes current and all these paperwork are behind they will just give us an interview appointment.

I am assuming NOA2 is the notice of approval for the I 130?

yeah i had the same issue but my mom had applied for me .. :( ...

i am done with my interview and had given all my documents to embassy

but my priority date gonna b current next month Insha-ALLAH :) :)

i hope i get my visa by end of march :( !!!!

You have been waiting for a long time. Wish you good luck. It seems that they will even call you for an interview before there is a visa number available? That is even more strange than our case I guess.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I m waiting from August 2011 not too long time i guess but still..

umm

I was in states before they transferred my case to Embassy in Islamabad so i had to come here.. i m here since November 2010

my interview was in January 2011.

:)

na i dont think they gonna call me for the interview coz they already took my passports and my medical again.. !

they jus gonna issue the visa i believe

My Pd Is July 5,2009 !!!

APPROVED VISA ISSUED ON : MARCH 14,2012 :)

Visa In Hand: March 16th 2012 :)

Good Luck to The Rest who r in waiting listtt

POE: 12th April 2012 InshaALLAH Ameen :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

zubi

Please i have few questions for you,looks like you were in USA and came back in your country for interview is that right?How long before you were in USA and what type of visa did you have?Are you still in your country now?Please share some more info seems like my son situation.Thanks zubi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.