one...two...tree

Wisdom Game

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Post a wise saying (can't be your own) that uses at least one word from the previous quote. You get 1 point for each word that you use again for as many times as the word is repeated.

For example:

"A man is too apt to forget that in this world he cannot have everything. A choice is all that is left to him."

next post:

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost."

= 5 points

Just keep tallying up your score...the winner gets a trip for 2 to Tahiti (not really) :goofy:

The slate is clean so the first poster can post any wise saying and they get 5 early bird points!

Oops...The quotes shouldn't be longer than 2 sentences....my bad.

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wisdom game? Who do you think your crowd is here? I'm having a hard enough time changing letters.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

I129

june 26 NOA 1

july 6 touched

july 11 touched

august 4 back to brazil

august 12 home again

august 28 wondering if this will ever end

sep. 12 touch

sep.13 touched again (RFE Coming IMBRA)

sep. 14 touch

sep. 19 got rfe

sep.25 CSC recieves rfe

sep 28 touch

oct 2 touched again come on baby give it to me!!!!!

oct 3 NOA 2 MAILED 10/2

oct.6 recieved noa 2 by mail

oct.16 nvc recieved

nov.15 nvc mails to rio

dec.5 rio finally gets our papers

dec.5 sent package sedex

dec.6 consulate signs for package

interview 1/11/07 woohoo!!!!!!

1/18/07 got the visa woooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooo

US entry 1/22/07

Timeline
we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

5 points to Jimmy for being the first! :star:

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."

Steven - 2 points. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs !!

0 points -Chuckie

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

If you do not wish to be prone to anger, do not feed the habit; give it nothing which may tend to its increase.

Melo = 3 points

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Timeline
If you do not wish to be prone to anger, do not feed the habit; give it nothing which may tend to its increase.

Melo = 3 points

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.

2 points here...

Steven = 4 points

p.s. You can look up all the quotes (google, etc.)...it's not about knowing all these quotes off hand, but finding common words among the different quotes. :yes:

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.

2 points here...

Steven = 4 points

p.s. You can look up all the quotes (google, etc.)...it's not about knowing all these quotes off hand, but finding common words among the different quotes. :yes:

Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.

3 more points - total = 6

Well I should look more carefully - here is the updated versio:

Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.

11 more points - total = 14

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Children, who play life, discern its true law and relations more clearly than men, who fail to live it worthily, but who think that they are wiser by experience, that is, by failure.

Fischkoepfin: 3

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Children, who play life, discern its true law and relations more clearly than men, who fail to live it worthily, but who think that they are wiser by experience, that is, by failure.

Fischkoepfin: 3

Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to.

Melo: 9 + 14 = 23

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Other Timeline
Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to.

That's not wise. That's bunk.

That's not wise. That's bunk.

This was written by J.R.R Tolkein.

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do not piss into the wind.

Jan 10th 2005, I-129F sent to NSC

Jan 13th 2005, NOA1.

Mar 14th 2005, NOA2

Mar 29th 2005, Case # received

Apr 15th 2005, Packet 3 arrived from London Embassy

Apr 19th 2005, Packet 3 returned to London Embassy

May 10th 2005, Packet 4 arrived from London Embassy

June 10th 2005, Interview at London Embassy - Approved

June 13th 2005, Visa issued via courier

June 24th 2005, Moved to Ohio

July 19th 2005, Wedding day.

AOS

Nov 13th 2005, AOS paperwork sent.

Dec 15th 2005, Fingerprints taken in Cleveland

Mar 3rd 2006, AOS interview in Cleveland. Approved pending results of security check.

Nov 20th 2006, "Welcome to America" letter received.

Nov 29th 2006, Green Card received.

EAD

March 4th 2006. Applied for EAD Subsequently denied due to my application code error.

June 2006. Re-applied.

June 22nd 2006. Biometrics taken in Cleveland.

August 19th 2006. Received EAD card.

August 2009. Applied for citizenship.

December 2009. Passed citizenship test in Cleveland.

Jan 15th 2010. Swore-in as a new US Citizen.

Visa Journey completed.

Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.