Omar G.

Cost of I-751 filing for 2 jointly?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone! its been awhile since i post here but i had a few questions since we are alittle late with the removal of conditions. my question is how much will i have to pay to file removal of conditions for my wife and stepdaughter? they filed everything together up to this moment. i know they can file the i751 together but do i have to pay the $505 for 1 or 2 (my wife and stepdaughter)? also the $85 for biometrics i know i have to send it for the 2 of them. also filing out the i751 form, the only information it asks for my stepdaughter is in part 5 and only asks name, A#, and address.....is that all i need to fill out? also in part 2, not sure if i have to check A or B? (im pretty sure A since the app will be for my wife and my stepdaughter was the K2)

the greencards expire 3/24/12, i plan on sending everything within the next 2-3 weeks. will this be ok? what happens if i dont hear anything back and there greencards expire?

Sorry for all the questions...THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

You'll pay 1 filing fee and 2 biomtrics fees.

Just provide the little bit of information that is asked for on the form for the daughter.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if they both came togather at the same time then file one form 1-751 and one fee.your wife and daughter should have gotten a one year extension on the green card a letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! its been awhile since i post here but i had a few questions since we are alittle late with the removal of conditions. my question is how much will i have to pay to file removal of conditions for my wife and stepdaughter? they filed everything together up to this moment. i know they can file the i751 together but do i have to pay the $505 for 1 or 2 (my wife and stepdaughter)? also the $85 for biometrics i know i have to send it for the 2 of them. also filing out the i751 form, the only information it asks for my stepdaughter is in part 5 and only asks name, A#, and address.....is that all i need to fill out? also in part 2, not sure if i have to check A or B? (im pretty sure A since the app will be for my wife and my stepdaughter was the K2)

the greencards expire 3/24/12, i plan on sending everything within the next 2-3 weeks. will this be ok? what happens if i dont hear anything back and there greencards expire?

Sorry for all the questions...THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you are supposed to file 751 application 90 days before the greencard expired. that's why uscis tells you to file 90 days early so they can received your application and processed it by the time or before your greencard expires.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks everyone! They arrived together and filed AOS together so just 1 I-751 and 1 fee for both! but they never received the a 1 year year extension. I thought they get the one year extension once they receive the packet and are still processing/deciding.

Another question....how much relationship evidence is too little? we've kinda hit some rough times financially and havent been paying too much attention to this, we have pictures, phone bill in both names, auto insurance in both names, public wellfare (medical assistance) renewal app with all our names (me, wife and daughter) and thats about it. will this be enough? also will have 3 affidavit letters from family members, do they have to be notorized?

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Thanks everyone! They arrived together and filed AOS together so just 1 I-751 and 1 fee for both! but they never received the a 1 year year extension. I thought they get the one year extension once they receive the packet and are still processing/deciding.

You're correct in your understanding, USCIS doesn't automatically extend the status for 1 year it only happens after they've accepted the I-751. The NOA1 for the I-751 contains a statement explaining that the NOA-1 serves as proof that your status is extended for 1 year.

Another question....how much relationship evidence is too little? we've kinda hit some rough times financially and havent been paying too much attention to this, we have pictures, phone bill in both names, auto insurance in both names, public wellfare (medical assistance) renewal app with all our names (me, wife and daughter) and thats about it. will this be enough? also will have 3 affidavit letters from family members, do they have to be notorized?

All you can so is submit everything you have an hope it's enough. If not then you'll get an RFE and/or interview. At interview time you can explain the situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

you are supposed to file 751 application 90 days before the greencard expired. that's why uscis tells you to file 90 days early so they can received your application and processed it by the time or before your greencard expires.

You file WITHIN 90 days prior to expiration. You CAN file 1 day prior to expiration. Even at filing 90 days in advance iot os unlikely they will be processedin that time. Ours took 5 months. You get a letter extending the green card for one year and you use that with the expired greem card for travel outside the US. Works fine, we used it many times.

You'll pay 1 filing fee and 2 biomtrics fees.

Just provide the little bit of information that is asked for on the form for the daughter.

:thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.