RFEMAKEMECRAZY

RFE Help Needed

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I know I am not declined, but as I have stated, I don't really have any more pictures from those first 2 visits to submit. And no, no one else has pictures of us or I would have got them and submitted them with the application. I don't know how I am going to fulfill their request.

Thank you all for your replies. I am trying to stay positive, but I am at a loss for what to do at this point. Any ideas?

Hmmm, I never thought of this, but maybe the pictures I submitted got separated from the application. Do you think I should just re-submit the same photos? It could be something as simple as that. I'd like to send more photos than just the ones in the original submission. I wish they would let us know if they got the pictures and they didn't like the ones we submitted or if they don't have any at all. Now that would be extremely helpful information to have.

Hmmm, I never thought of this, but maybe the pictures I submitted got separated from the application. Do you think I should just re-submit the same photos? It could be something as simple as that. I'd like to send more photos than just the ones in the original submission. I wish they would let us know if they got the pictures and they didn't like the ones we submitted or if they don't have any at all. Now that would be extremely helpful information to have.

That's what I was just thinking! Why don't you order some photos through Walgreens or Snapfish (on photopaper). When you get them, document the backs of them thoroughly, and send them off. It's worth a shot.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Can you type here exactly what the RFE says? I think you are misreading it. Film-dated photos are not a requirement.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I am also curious about the entire actual text of the body of the RFE. Mine had 5 things requested (a link to the actual text is in my signature) and I only was able to get 4 of them. We already had 3 in preparation of such an occasion and we scrambled to get the 4th. The 5th thing was something weird that probably doesn't exist for anybody. 4 out of 5 was good enough and ours has now been sent on.

You can take a photo of the document and edit out private info to upload here or just copy it by typing the info in, if you want to show us.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

I will post the exact verbage of the RFE as soon as I have it available (I don't have it with me right now). The top states they need evidence of us meeting in person in the 2 years prior to submitting our application. Then under that, they ask for film-dated photos of us together. It also states they won't accept videos, cards, letters etc.

I submitted 3 pictures of us together with our application. I wrote names, date and location on the back of each photo. Either they don't like them or they are lost.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

There is a program on internet that you can download what you can use to put dates on pictures afterwards. We used that since we didn´t have them in all the pictures. You probably find it from google or I can ask my husband the name when he gets back from work.

We still kept writing dates, place and names of the people on the other side of the picture. Our lawyer advised at the time to use about 10 pictures (not too little but not too much either) from ALL the times we met, and that pictures of us together with our families are most valuable and pictures in front of famous landmarks are good if you have done traveling together.

Good luck! Don´t panic about RFE, we got one too and I think that only made them make a decision on our case faster.

I am also curious about the entire actual text of the body of the RFE. Mine had 5 things requested (a link to the actual text is in my signature) and I only was able to get 4 of them. We already had 3 in preparation of such an occasion and we scrambled to get the 4th. The 5th thing was something weird that probably doesn't exist for anybody. 4 out of 5 was good enough and ours has now been sent on.

You can take a photo of the document and edit out private info to upload here or just copy it by typing the info in, if you want to show us.

My RFE was way more specific about the pictures than yours and specifically stated they want time-dated photos. I wish I had it with me so I could quote it.

I will post the exact verbage of the RFE as soon as I have it available (I don't have it with me right now). The top states they need evidence of us meeting in person in the 2 years prior to submitting our application. Then under that, they ask for film-dated photos of us together. It also states they won't accept videos, cards, letters etc.

I submitted 3 pictures of us together with our application. I wrote names, date and location on the back of each photo. Either they don't like them or they are lost.

Ah, just as I suspected. You are misreading your RFE.

I bet if you look over it again, you will see that they ask for proof of meeting in person in the last 2 years. Then they give you a list of possible evidence that you can include, one of them being film-dated photos. There is NO requirement to send everything on the list, but you must get something (one of these things) to satisfy this requirement.

Manufacturing film-dated photos with some sort of computer program will NOT satisfy the RFE. That sort of evidence is easily fakeable (and what you are doing in fact is trying to fake it) and therefore won't count. If you had an old film camera with film-dating on it, then would accept photos from that as proof. However, you do not have film-dated photos, so you cannot use that as evidence. You don't have it.

What they need is unfakeable evidence that you met in person in the past two years. What did you include in your initial submission? The most common thing to prove this is passport stamps or boarding passes to your fiancee's country. Did you include that in your package?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Ah, just as I suspected. You are misreading your RFE.

I bet if you look over it again, you will see that they ask for proof of meeting in person in the last 2 years. Then they give you a list of possible evidence that you can include, one of them being film-dated photos. There is NO requirement to send everything on the list, but you must get something (one of these things) to satisfy this requirement.

Manufacturing film-dated photos with some sort of computer program will NOT satisfy the RFE. That sort of evidence is easily fakeable (and what you are doing in fact is trying to fake it) and therefore won't count. If you had an old film camera with film-dating on it, then would accept photos from that as proof. However, you do not have film-dated photos, so you cannot use that as evidence. You don't have it.

What they need is unfakeable evidence that you met in person in the past two years. What did you include in your initial submission? The most common thing to prove this is passport stamps or boarding passes to your fiancee's country. Did you include that in your package?

In addition to the photos, I submitted a copy of all pages of my passport with stamps from the two visits. A hotel receipt with both of our names on it and a phone bill showing I was making calls in the country while I was visiting.

I am pretty sure the ONLY thing listed that they want is photos. They didn't mention any of the other primary evidence on the RFE, only a list of unacceptable things.

In addition to the photos, I submitted a copy of all pages of my passport with stamps from the two visits. A hotel receipt with both of our names on it and a phone bill showing I was making calls in the country while I was visiting.

I am pretty sure the ONLY thing listed that they want is photos. They didn't mention any of the other primary evidence on the RFE, only a list of unacceptable things.

Please type the text of the RFE here when you get a chance. Date-stamped photos are not a requirement.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In my RFE it specifically stated to give them a call if I wasn't clear on what was exactly being requested. I would highly recommend getting clarification from them.

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you have your photos on your camera's memory card, you can go to any Kinko's (now merged with FedEx I think) location and have them printed there. Most cameras today have so called exif data that store date and time that the picture was taken on your camera. Kinko's machines have a feature to add that date on your printed photos. I just had mine printed and they look great. Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I am having a very similar problem! My RFE requested evidence weve met in the past two years, one of the options being time stamped photos. Everything else they requested I SENT IN THE FIRST TIME. I even sent in over 50 photos of us from both of our countries, only they were not time stamped. Let me know how yours goes!

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2011-08-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-08-22

I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-01-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2012-02-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-02-13

Packet received: 2012-02-27

Interview Date :2012-05-01

Interview Result :Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.