ghanalover

please help

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

im completely lost now my i sent in my i130 petition january 6 2012 i received my approval of my petition january 23rd 2012 i had my case expedited due to mental hardship(never thought it would work but it did shaved 5 months off of waiting) and is now being transferred to the nvc im stuck there i have no clue what to do next. please help i want all my paperwork in order so it will be a fast and smooth ride...i dont want to receive any rfes please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i studied LingChi nvc shortcuts and I got thru NVC in 13 days.

so search it at the top right and study it. most of it still pertains.

it has been taking a month to get the nvc case numbers so you have a little time. Start calling nvc every night to get your

NVC case number

Invoice number

and give them both email addresses he day you get the numbers.

You can also request an expedite at nvc as soon as you get the case number. then you will have to pay fees at the embassy and turn in the documents to the embassy. otherwise download the I-864 and DS-230 and be ready to EMAIL NVC a short letter called agent of choice that shows the american as the agent. or send form 3032 (i think) it is agent of choice form but a regular email works.

Always remember to put your nvc number in the title ara of the email

always state petitioner name and date of birth

always state beneficiary name and date of birth

study the guides and send all the needed info

864 needs last years taxes but you might just want to send last 3 years tax transcripts, sometimes an employment letter, last 6 paychecks...I do not remember all but lingchi will tell you

230 needs all his info from ghana. police cert, birth cert, military cert, marriage cert and all translated into english.

study study study

also need a checking account in usa to pay 88 dollar aos (864) fee and 404 dollars for IV 230 fee-some people use money orders i think

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you dont mind me asking. Did you send your expedite request with the packet? What was your argument and supporting papers?

Uscis CSC (13 days)

01-14-2012 I-130 mailed by FedEx

01-17-2012 I-130 delivered to Phoenix uscis office

01-20-2012 NOA1

01-23-2012 Touched

01-27-2012 Request for expedite by phone (USC baby ILl)

02-02-2012 Expedite documents emailed

02-03-2012 i-130 Approved

NVC (6 days)

02-10-2012 NVC Received

02-14-2012 NVC case number assigned

02-14-2012 Expedite request resent

02-16-2012 Expedite Approved

03-13-2012 Medical

03-22-2012 interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

click 'wiki' at top.

search 'Ling Che' in the wiki search tool

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

im completely lost now my i sent in my i130 petition january 6 2012 i received my approval of my petition january 23rd 2012 i had my case expedited due to mental hardship(never thought it would work but it did shaved 5 months off of waiting) and is now being transferred to the nvc im stuck there i have no clue what to do next. please help i want all my paperwork in order so it will be a fast and smooth ride...i dont want to receive any rfes please help

how did you explain the mental hardship?

Timeline

fwiw, she did explain it - search her prior topics.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

approved through nvc case has been in ghana for a week and a half I didnt pay any fees now im happy as hell but also lost as to what to do lol I havent filled any forms or anything they just said nvc is done with the case ur expedite was approved

Timeline

i studied LingChi nvc shortcuts and I got thru NVC in 13 days.

so search it at the top right and study it. most of it still pertains.

it has been taking a month to get the nvc case numbers so you have a little time. Start calling nvc every night to get your

NVC case number

Invoice number

and give them both email addresses he day you get the numbers.

You can also request an expedite at nvc as soon as you get the case number. then you will have to pay fees at the embassy and turn in the documents to the embassy. otherwise download the I-864 and DS-230 and be ready to EMAIL NVC a short letter called agent of choice that shows the american as the agent. or send form 3032 (i think) it is agent of choice form but a regular email works.

Always remember to put your nvc number in the title ara of the email

always state petitioner name and date of birth

always state beneficiary name and date of birth

study the guides and send all the needed info

864 needs last years taxes but you might just want to send last 3 years tax transcripts, sometimes an employment letter, last 6 paychecks...I do not remember all but lingchi will tell you

230 needs all his info from ghana. police cert, birth cert, military cert, marriage cert and all translated into english.

study study study

also need a checking account in usa to pay 88 dollar aos (864) fee and 404 dollars for IV 230 fee-some people use money orders i think

Thank u it was approved through nvc I was kind of shocked because I only sent a email to the NVC saying my case was expedited through uscis so y isnt it being expedited through them next thing I know it was approved and sent to ghana so one month through the uscis and ncc

Timeline

If you dont mind me asking. Did you send your expedite request with the packet? What was your argument and supporting papers?

Congrats sorry I havent been on for a while but looks like u and I are on the same track I was alsi approved thru nvc

Timeline

approved through nvc case has been in ghana for a week and a half I didnt pay any fees now im happy as hell but also lost as to what to do lol I havent filled any forms or anything they just said nvc is done with the case ur expedite was approved

1. pay at IV Unit

2. hand over forms to IV unit

mostly, all on interview day.

Good Luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.