jenni and sami

NOA2 Not Here Yet. Problem?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We were approved on 7th of Sept, yet our NOA2 has still not arrived. Jenni called USCIS last week and they prmised to send a duplicate, yet that has not arrived. Is this likely to cause a problem? The USCIS lady said that I wouldn't need Jenni's copy, as I would be sent my own copy? This doesn't seem to fit with what I've read. I thought Jenni was supposed to send me her copy? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

BTW, we had a letter from NVC today saying that our case would be sent to London within a week.

Cheers,

Sami

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This may sound like stupid questions:

Have you verified that they have the correct address?

Does your mail man ever put letters in the wrong box?

Have you contacted the post office?

I'd ask them to hold my mail for a week and personally go down and pick it up.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My hard copy NOA2 took more than 14 days to arrive. If you have not changed your address and have already requested a duplicate, I would give it another week before calling again. You won't need your NOA2 until AOS in the US so it's not extremely urgent although I agree disconcerting. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just a little bit more info. Call the NVC and check on whats going on with your case. See if they have received your documents. Let the process continue but keep working on the letter. You'll get it. Remember your dealing with government services. Takes time. Good luck

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ours took about a week to arrive, but hey, you'll only need it for the AOS so hang in there and it will get to you. :)

Edited by Luis&Laura

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

And if it never arrives, you can ask for a duplicate: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/dupapp.htm

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for all the advice guys. Mystery solved. Jenni's sister, who had been living with her, recently moved out and for some reason the postman mistook the two. The NOA2 was returned to CSC, who then resent it to the sister's new address. It is now in Jenni's hands. I think she is going to phone USCIS, just to make sure they have not changed the address in their records.

Many thanks again, as always, for the help and support.

Sami

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.