Carlos&Alyssa

Preparing for Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hello!

Im sure I am still at least a couple months out from my NOA2, but I am going to visit my fiance in TWO WEEKS! YAY! :)

Anyway, I plan on bringing all 'proof of ongoing relationship' evidence that I have up until now...but what else could I bring now that he will need for the interview? I know I will have to email him some things later to be printed, but I would love to be able to leave anything that requires a signature with him when I go this time as to avoid 'snail mail' at a later date...is this possible? Or do the financial paperwork/employment letters have to be more up to date with the time of the interview? Advice much appreciated! :)

Also, I've read that certain Embassy's dont allow 'Binders' because of how the interview windows are designed...does anybody know if it's this way in Managua, Nicaragua? Or how I could find out? I've checked the Embassy website and couldn't find anything pertaining to this...

thanks again!

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello!

Im sure I am still at least a couple months out from my NOA2, but I am going to visit my fiance in TWO WEEKS! YAY! :)

Anyway, I plan on bringing all 'proof of ongoing relationship' evidence that I have up until now...but what else could I bring now that he will need for the interview? I know I will have to email him some things later to be printed, but I would love to be able to leave anything that requires a signature with him when I go this time as to avoid 'snail mail' at a later date...is this possible? Or do the financial paperwork/employment letters have to be more up to date with the time of the interview? Advice much appreciated! :)

Also, I've read that certain Embassy's dont allow 'Binders' because of how the interview windows are designed...does anybody know if it's this way in Managua, Nicaragua? Or how I could find out? I've checked the Embassy website and couldn't find anything pertaining to this...

thanks again!

[/qu

Congrats on the approval. Well, hope that everything goes well for you on your trip take , lots of pictures as evidence that you have visited with him. They always ask for family pictures at the interview. BEST OF LUCK!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Some things your fiance can do while waiting for the NOA2:

-Making sure his immunization records are up to date. Some vaccines have a schedule (i.e. hep a/b) and if he doesn't have those, he may want to get started.

-Obtaining his birth certificate if he doesn't have that.

-Getting his police certificate. Some countries turn this out in 1 week, some turn it out in 2 months.

It's kind of unsure about your Affidavit of Support. It'll depend on when you receive your NOA2 and his interview date. If it's after taxes are due, you'll need an updated form showing your 2011 taxes, etc. If it all happens prior to April 17, then you'd be good for any information you compile in the next two weeks.

Enjoy your trip to visit your fiance!! :)

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

About the binders.... it's not that they're not allowed but you will want to have the info in separate sheets so you can slide them under the window. There will be a big glass window between you and the interviewer. I brought a binder but the sheets were easily removable and I was able to slide them under the window for them to see. Make sure your fiancee has his police record updated and lots of pictures too. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

About the binders.... it's not that they're not allowed but you will want to have the info in separate sheets so you can slide them under the window. There will be a big glass window between you and the interviewer. I brought a binder but the sheets were easily removable and I was able to slide them under the window for them to see. Make sure your fiancee has his police record updated and lots of pictures too. Good luck!

I ended up buying an artist's portfolio (9x11.5 inches), but the pages are not removable. It's only about 3/4 inch thick. Would that be ok? Within the portfolio, there are bound "sheet protectors" with black dividers in each one. I have the binder divided into sections, and should be pretty self explanatory. If not, I guess I could re-formulate this so that I get everything in a normal binder with normal 3 ring sheet protectors so that they can be easily removed.

Edited by Scafidi454

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I ended up buying an artist's portfolio (9x11.5 inches), but the pages are not removable. It's only about 3/4 inch thick. Would that be ok? Within the portfolio, there are bound "sheet protectors" with black dividers in each one. I have the binder divided into sections, and should be pretty self explanatory. If not, I guess I could re-formulate this so that I get everything in a normal binder with normal 3 ring sheet protectors so that they can be easily removed.

Unfortunately, I don't know how the US Embassy/Consulate in Russia works, I'm not sure if there is a glass window between the interviewer and the applicant. But you say it's only about 3/4 inches thick, so I think it would fit under the glass IF that's how it is at the embassy where you will be attending the interview. I suggest you ask other VJ members who have had their interview at the same embassy. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'll ask my fiance. She's been to a couple of interviews already. I have some other friends over there who've been here several times that I can ask as well. Thanks!

What is meant by "been to a couple of interviews already"?

But yes, everything should be able to be passed under a "currency exchange" type security window. You get no extra credit for presentation; they are only interested in content.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

She had an interview for when she got her B-1 visa (I think it was B-1 for student work visa). Then, she had an interview in March or May for a tourist visa to come here (before we got engaged), but it was denied. So, that's why I went to Moscow in August.

Her cousin, the one who introduced us, has been here about 4 times.

Edited by Scafidi454

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.