travlnmannn

Any recent interviews in Moscow ?

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Groovstk, Did you get lost. First time I have seen you over here.

I will agree with Groovstk. I have flown through Frankfurt probably 18 times and have never had to go through customs or immigration. She has nothing to worry about. As long as she isn't thursty. A small bottle of coke there is $ 5.00 if I remember correctly.

Groov, I like your timeline. You must be living right to have sailed through so fast.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks TG, I hope your upcoming timeline will be even faster :)

This site was my Bible when I prepared my I-129F, I asked a few questions along the way and always got the correct answers.

In all honesty, we never expected the process to move so quickly, and while we were both ecstatic about our NAO2, it wasn't all a bed of roses. We anticipated this would take 6 months or so, and so she told her director that she'd probably resign her job in Feb./Mar. Now she's told him her last day is Nov. 30, and this being Russia she's worried he'll screw her out of her final paycheck, which will be about 4k lost.

But we're happy and optimistic :)

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I hope they don't mess with her pay. If her final pay is 4 grand she must do a lot better than most gals. My former fiancee has to work for 3 years to make that.

Yes, I agree, when I did my last one this site was great. The answers I got were always accurate and complete.

When I file my next one which if all goes well will be in 3 weeks I will have to do the waver bit which really makes me nervous. I don't feel like twiddling my thumbs for 3 months waiting for the 2 years to be up though.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

This site was my Bible when I prepared my I-129F, I asked a few questions along the way and always got the correct answers.

In all honesty, we never expected the process to move so quickly, and while we were both ecstatic about our NAO2, it wasn't all a bed of roses. We anticipated this would take 6 months or so, and so she told her director that she'd probably resign her job in Feb./Mar. Now she's told him her last day is Nov. 30, and this being Russia she's worried he'll screw her out of her final paycheck, which will be about 4k lost.

Tell her to tell her boss that there's a chubby white guy on the way to fill in for her on Dec. 1st. If I could make 4 grand in Russia, there's no way I would stay here.

(Now, is that per month, or what? And just what is she doing to be making that much loot? I don't even make that here!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Tell her to tell her boss that there's a chubby white guy on the way to fill in for her on Dec. 1st. If I could make 4 grand in Russia, there's no way I would stay here.

(Now, is that per month, or what? And just what is she doing to be making that much loot? I don't even make that here!)

Thanks Slim, send me your resume and I'll forward it on :)

My fiancee is one of the top interior designers for Grand, it's the largest furniture store in Europe.

She makes good money as all her clients are wealthy people, her usual monthly salary is around $2500, not $4k. But now she's working her tail off, 7 days per week, because she wants to bring as much cash with her to the US as possible.

The way managers screw their employees in Russia is pretty simple. Almost no one pays taxes. Even in a legit and lucrative business like hers, her reported income is only a fraction of what she really makes, so she pays a nominal tax each month and her company pays the rest of her salary in cash. So even if she complains to whatever passes for the authorities in Moscow, they will tell her that even if she's correct she's only entitled to a few rubles.

When we first got serious, she wanted me to move to Moscow and I sent out tons of resumes to US companies with offices there, but didn't get even a single interview.

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.09.06 - touched

12.12.06 - Approved!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

I too looked for a job in Moscow, but it almost seems that unless your company relocates you there (or unless you're an IT guy) it's nearly impossible to find work as an American.

It is, in theory, possible to work as cabbies, prostitutes, and others in the "service" industry, and have very lucrative careers there, but it's not exactly on the up and up. Then again, neither is anything else in Russia.

The offer is still on the table..... tell Grand to give me the word.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
I too looked for a job in Moscow, but it almost seems that unless your company relocates you there (or unless you're an IT guy) it's nearly impossible to find work as an American.

It is, in theory, possible to work as cabbies, prostitutes, and others in the "service" industry, and have very lucrative careers there, but it's not exactly on the up and up. Then again, neither is anything else in Russia.

The offer is still on the table..... tell Grand to give me the word.

OK, but you still might not like working there :)

She has two directors, one of whom is a jackass. At one point last Summer she had to work three weeks straight, 7 days per week/12 hours per day, to cover for colleagues who were taking vacations. That month, one of her directors deducted $50 from her paycheck because he noticed dust on some of the fixtures she uses for her projects (the designers are responsible for keeping their stuff clean). Any decent manager would never do something so heartless to a loyal, dedicated employee. But like she says when I get angry about such things, "it's Russia..."

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.09.06 - touched

12.12.06 - Approved!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

"I have 8 bosses, Bob. Eight."

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.