Culchie

Hello All !! Newbie Here

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hope everyone is doing well and had a happy holiday season. I've looked at the threads of the step by step filing, and still don't have a clue what it all means. Especially "Touched". Did most of you all do everything yourselves, or get the help of a lawyer ? Because I think I would want a lawyer who understands everything that I don't. :)

I just returned from the Philippines and meeting my fiancee in person. I'm from the U.S.A. Now I need to know the pros and cons of first getting married in the Phils. beforehand. And having her come here first before getting married. I'm not retired or have the convienence of taking alot of time from work. I already took half my vacation for my recent trip. But I want to be with her as soon as possible.

If there's a place on the website that tells what I need to do and why, please dirsct me to them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are many horror storys of lawyers destroying peoples cases / lives because they mess things up so badly.

VJ is a self help website and nearly everyone here has filed their petitions on their own using the step by step guides and asking questions.

The only person that cares about your case and your life / family is you. A lawyer just wants your money.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hope everyone is doing well and had a happy holiday season. I've looked at the threads of the step by step filing, and still don't have a clue what it all means. Especially "Touched". Did most of you all do everything yourselves, or get the help of a lawyer ? Because I think I would want a lawyer who understands everything that I don't. :)

I just returned from the Philippines and meeting my fiancee in person. I'm from the U.S.A. Now I need to know the pros and cons of first getting married in the Phils. beforehand. And having her come here first before getting married. I'm not retired or have the convienence of taking alot of time from work. I already took half my vacation for my recent trip. But I want to be with her as soon as possible.

If there's a place on the website that tells what I need to do and why, please dirsct me to them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Welcome to the forum.

:guides:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

if u calmly read the guilds,u wont be needing a lawyer who only needs your money,except if u ve criminal history(chronic).

Take time to visit d uscis website n read/follow instructions as well

Happy Visajourney

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Welcome to the forum.

:guides:

I used a lawyer and regret wasting the money. People can help you here, but beware don't take the first post as Gospel. Get several replies. Sometimes people guess or assume that don't know. Also their are several forums on FB that are exclusive to Pinay women working on the K-1 or who have been thru it. Those ladies can share tons of info with your new love to be if she is on line. They know every shortcut possible. My fiancee at the time now wife, really helped. We were a little under 5 months from NOA1 until she landed here.

As far as K-3 marriage in the Philippines vs. K-1 marriage here. really a preference, but much like you I did not have time to go back several times. If you decide to get married there, you have to find time to go back, and marry before you can file for the Visa. With K-1, you can file after your first trip.

I have heard the horror stories of lawyers , but I was pressed for time and did some digging. I found a good lawyer and in only 2-3 weeks after filing I was granted a approval. Her interview is Friday. Just be sure if you go with a lawyer its a certified immigration lawyer and not a visa agent.

If you want anymore info contact me , I m not saying your visa will be approved as fast as mine was but they are still really good and I am happy I got them.

I have heard the horror stories of lawyers , but I was pressed for time and did some digging. I found a good lawyer and in only 2-3 weeks after filing I was granted a approval. Her interview is Friday. Just be sure if you go with a lawyer its a certified immigration lawyer and not a visa agent.

If you want anymore info contact me , I m not saying your visa will be approved as fast as mine was but they are still really good and I am happy I got them.

You are saying you went from Noa1 to Noa 2 in 2 weeks... ?? Please clarify that ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are saying you went from Noa1 to Noa 2 in 2 weeks... ?? Please clarify that ?

I don't think it has to do with his lawyer i think it has to do with the fact hes military.

Our NOA1 to NOA2 was 5 days and we are military.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1326926531[/url]' post='5108920']

Thanks,

Wayne

I actually used a lawyer and I'm happy I did. He explained everything thoroughly and his assistant as well as him have been there to answer all of our legal questions. I just wish I knew about visa journey beforehand. With my experience from the lawyer as well as my experience from here, I'd say it is just about the same amount of help. The only nice thing about having a lawyer is that any legal question you have they can answer it professionally, as well as handle your forms in a fashionable manner ( for those such as me who is extremely unorganized). Through the pros and cons, I'd say if you have extra money, a lawyer would be nice. But visa journey is just as good, if not better ( due to the many experiences ! )

3 Months of Marriage ;D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for welcoming me and for your advice. What do I need to send along with my initial I-129F form besides a copy of my birth certificate, and payment ?

The guide here on VJ tells you everything you need to know about what to send with your petition: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

There are even example forms for you to look through to see exactly how you should fill them out: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

There are other many useful links and bits of information here. Have a look around and check out all the links at the top of the forums.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.