kyle francine

WRONG GREEN CARD INFORMATION

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my green card,i just received it today. say my name is Vanessa Karl Dagat Santos, I know for a fact if it is here in the US my middle name is karla. but when i check my card it only say, Vanessa K Santos..would that cause a problem when i will travel?? because my karla was put in as letter K only and not the full name?...Do i need to call USCIS, and request the card to be change or my card is valid and does not have wrong information...but when i check at the back of my card at the bottom part it says my complete name including my mom's maiden name.it's only on the front view along with biographical information.

I hope someone can help me out with my confusion.

Thank you,

Vanessa

I-130 Sent : 2010-08-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-29

I-130 Approved :2010-12-22

Receive IV Bill :2010-09-17

Pay IV Bill : 2010-11-03

Packet 4 Received :2011-05-26

Interview Date :2011-07-08

Interview Result :Administrative Review

Visa Received : 2011-08-16

Port of Entry : Chicago

POE Date :2011-12-11

Filed SSN : 2011-12-16

Received SSN Card: 2012-01-04

Filed State Card : 2012-01-05

Received Greencard : 2012-01-09

***To God be the Glory***

Vanessa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my green card,i just received it today. say my name is Vanessa Karl Dagat Santos, I know for a fact if it is here in the US my middle name is karla. but when i check my card it only say, Vanessa K Santos..would that cause a problem when i will travel?? because my karla was put in as letter K only and not the full name?...Do i need to call USCIS, and request the card to be change or my card is valid and does not have wrong information...but when i check at the back of my card at the bottom part it says my complete name including my mom's maiden name.it's only on the front view along with biographical information.

Thank you,

Vanessa

When you book a flight it usually asks for your middle initial and not the full name so that would match what is on your green card so I don't see it being a problem.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Vanessa

Look at the bottom of the card and see if you don't find your full name.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Look at the bottom of the card and see if you don't find your full name.

hi pushbrk, at the back bottom part of my Green Card it has my correct given name and last name, only in the Front view of the card it only says Vanessa K -as given name and Santos as last name that is Vanessa K Santos...it should have been Vanessa Karla D.Santos..do you think i need to call USCIS for this and request for replacement of the card?

Vanessa

Timeline

hi pushbrk, at the back bottom part of my Green Card it has my correct given name and last name, only in the Front view of the card it only says Vanessa K -as given name and Santos as last name that is Vanessa K Santos...it should have been Vanessa Karla D.Santos..do you think i need to call USCIS for this and request for replacement of the card?

I don't understand your answer. If the bottom of your green card says Vanessa Karla D. Santos then it is correct. If the bottom is not correct, then you can have it replaced with the correct name. You do that by filing an I-90 with a letter explaining it was their mistake, so you don't need to pay the fee.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I don't understand your answer. If the bottom of your green card says Vanessa Karla D. Santos then it is correct. If the bottom is not correct, then you can have it replaced with the correct name. You do that by filing an I-90 with a letter explaining it was their mistake, so you don't need to pay the fee.

I am sorry im confusing you, what I meant, at the back of the card at the bottom part it has my correct name which is SANTOS<<VANESSA<<KARLA<<DAGATAN that is how it was put in. my concern is in the front of the card the one with the picture, it has only my Surname : Santos /// Given name : Vanessa K. That is only it, my name was shortened.and I am afraid it will cause a problem for traveling back to the Philippines...my SSN,and state card has my complete name. and im on my way to get a permit for driving, I am also concern there might be discrepancies because of the lapses.

thank you for helping out

Vanessa

Vanessa

Timeline

I am sorry im confusing you, what I meant, at the back of the card at the bottom part it has my correct name which is SANTOS<<VANESSA<<KARLA<<DAGATAN that is how it was put in. my concern is in the front of the card the one with the picture, it has only my Surname : Santos /// Given name : Vanessa K. That is only it, my name was shortened.and I am afraid it will cause a problem for traveling back to the Philippines...my SSN,and state card has my complete name. and im on my way to get a permit for driving, I am also concern there might be discrepancies because of the lapses.

thank you for helping out

Vanessa

Then the card is correct. The "bottom" of the card, you just quoted is ALSO on the FRONT of the card. This is how it's done. No correction to be made.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Then the card is correct. The "bottom" of the card, you just quoted is ALSO on the FRONT of the card. This is how it's done. No correction to be made.

oh really? wow! thank you...so I am ok now then? I dont have to worry about my shortened name on the front of the card since the card has my full name at the back part right?...

thank you very much, pushbrk.

Vanessa

Timeline

oh really? wow! thank you...so I am ok now then? I dont have to worry about my shortened name on the front of the card since the card has my full name at the back part right?...

thank you very much, pushbrk.

Your full name is also on the front, not just the back. Look at the bottom of the front side of the card.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

yah i check that now, but it only says Santos Vanessa R , I found that at the front upper right portion of my GC.it's not in the front bottom part of my card...

Vanessa

Timeline

yah i check that now, but it only says Santos Vanessa R , I found that at the front upper right portion of my GC.it's not in the front bottom part of my card...

You keep talking about the back of the card. I've never seen a green card with a visible name on the back. Are you sure you're understanding the meaning of bottom and back? Looking at the side of your green card that has your photo, you should see your name above and to the right of your photo and also again below and to the right of your photo. The full name appears below and to the right of the photo on the bottom of the front side of the green card. Look closely. You'll see it mixed in with some of these. Firstname<<<<<Middlename<<<<<Lastname<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

yes i know the difference of back and bottom...I am holding my green card right now...the one that says Firstname<<<<<Middlename<<<<<Lastname<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< this is at the back bottom part of my card and not in the front view which has the picture. Now, the one on the front view, in the upper right portion of the card which has the picture it only say, Santos Vanessa K.

Vanessa

Timeline

yes i know the difference of back and bottom...I am holding my green card right now...the one that says Firstname<<<<<Middlename<<<<<Lastname<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< this is at the back bottom part of my card and not in the front view which has the picture. Now, the one on the front view, in the upper right portion of the card which has the picture it only say, Santos Vanessa K.

Then they've changed the layout of the cards. If your correct name appears in the <<<<< section then that's just the way they do it. The older cards have that section on the bottom front. The last one I saw was about 21 months old.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Then they've changed the layout of the cards. If your correct name appears in the <<<<< section then that's just the way they do it. The older cards have that section on the bottom front. The last one I saw was about 21 months old.

okay...Thank you very much for your patience on me...

Vanessa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! They may have changed the layout of the GC but mine which was issued in 2010 has the correct format in the top part: LastName, FirstName1 FirstName2 MiddleInitial

Then at the bottom LASTNAME<<FIRSTNAME1<FIRSTNAME2<MIDDLENAME<<<<<<

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.