joonphon

After NOA2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I've been doing some reading on what to do after receiving NOA2. There's a lot of information and I still am confused or not so sure of what to do. Maybe some of you ladies and gentlemen might be able to help me? :energy:

So I received a hard copy of NOA2 on the 7th of Jan. It says on there that I should wait 2-4 weeks for NVC to process our application. From what I'm reading, most people just call NVC to get their case number? Does that mean if I don't call we wouldn't get our case number? Does NVC send case number to the USC here and the beneficiary in another country as well? and some people able to receive the case number through email? :unsure:

Let's just say I called and we got our case number, when my fiance does his medical exam/gets the police record can he just give them that case number w/o a hard copy from the NVC? or maybe a copy of NOA2 would work? :reading:

Both packet 3 and 4 will be sent to my fiance right? a lot of people download these forms from the website. So we did too and the dates on some of these forms are expired. Can my fiance use these outdated forms to fill out still? :blink:

When we send packet 3, we just need to send copies of the proofs they're asking for because he'll have to take his original documents to the interview w/ him? :idea:

For medical exam and immunization. since he doesn't have shot record, he'll need all the shots. I'm just wondering what shots are required by the US? When I went to the embassy website, there are many shots listed. I don't mind him getting his vaccination done here in the U.S when we adjust the status. :whistle:

Finally, paying for his visa fee. Do I have to pay online through NVC website? or does he need to pay at the US embassy on the date of his interview? or both? Can he pay w/ cash? or it has to be through postal service in Thailand?

Thanks in advance for taking time reading and replying this post

Please move this post if it's not in the right forum....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

The only thing I can tell you is that after I got NOA2, about the 4th week I called (2nd time) and they (NVC) finally had us in the system ( meaning got a case number). Also by that time they said it was already sent about two days ago to Laos. On the day that I got a snail mail letter that NVC sent my petition to Laos they called him to go pick up the packets at the embassy. That's was a little over 10 days from when I found out my case number from NVC.

You'll probably get better answers from those petitioning in Thailand.

Good luck you guys are almost there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

USCIS

29 DEC 2011: I-129F sent

12 JAN 2012: NOA1 via E-mail

17 JAN 2012: Mil. Expedite Request Sent to CSC

19 JAN 2012: NOA1 Hard Copy

25 JAN 2012: Call USCIS to ask if file is at CSC yet, was informed of an email requesting documents that I never received

25 JAN 2012: Response for 'Typographical Error' in the email from the 20th(no wonder I didnt get it)

25 JAN 2012: Documents requested sent back to Case Officer

30 JAN 2012: NOA2 Hard Copy Via Snail Mail

NVC

30 JAN 2012: I-129F Packet Arrives

31 JAN 2012: Case forwarded to Embassy

Embassy

03 FEB 2012: Signed for at USEM

23 FEB 2012: Packet 3 arrives

28 FEB 2012: Packet 3 sent

05 MAR 2012: Packet 4 arrives

23 MAR 2012: Interview/221(g)

02 APR 2012: Approval!

04 APR 2012: Visa in hand ^_^

Hi

I posted some K1 packet-3 documents in the Thai forum. You might find it useful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/346681-here-are-some-packet-3-instructions-for-k-1-visa-in-thailand/

Joonphon, tomorrow(Friday) I would call NVC and asked them if they have received your paperwork and if they have forwarded it off to the embassy. If they have not received it they should by early next week. Usually it only stays there a few days then sent to the embassy. You will need the WAC# and your birth date and the beneficiary's birth date to call, also if they received it ask for the BNK#. The NVC should send you a snail mail letter with the BNK#. To call NVC do the following:

1-603-334-0700

Press 2 for Non-Haiti-Related issue (Please note that this will probably change after some time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

Yes, if you have the NOA2 and you can get the police report. I would suggest waiting until you get the BNK# from NVC before doing the medical. Packet 3 can be mailed to the beneficiary but some people in the past have reported never receiving it. Packet 4 is emailed and listed in it is the interview date and time, print that email and give to the guard on the interview day. About the packet 3 expiration dates sometimes it is OK and sometimes it is not OK, the best way to know is to google the form name like I-134 and just make sure there is no newer form out there. I know a few of the forms expired by the time Pui had her interview and she had no problems except for the expired medical forms the hospital gave her. The hospital will know what shots he will need. I would suggest if he has medical insurance right now to get the shots started in Thailand because it will be cheaper then it is here, also if he needs shots here I know in MN Pui got a MMR and a tetanus shots for $35 and I can look back at our records at let you know where the clinic in Minneapolis was. When Pui got her shots at the medical she had 4 shots they were mmr, tetanus, Varicella, and the flu shot. I am guessing the beneficiary will need 3 to 4 of those shots. Here is a list of required vaccinations for AOS:

What vaccines are required for U.S. immigration?

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:

Mumps

Measles

Rubella

Polio

Tetanus and diphtheria

Pertussis

Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Rotavirus

Meningococcal disease

Varicella

Pneumococcal disease

Seasonal influenza

*On December 14, 2009, the human papillomavirus (HPV) and zoster vaccines were removed from the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants. All other vaccinations on this list remain.

Any future vaccines recommended by ACIP for the general U.S. public will be subject to the new vaccination criteria. If the recommended vaccines fit the new criteria, they will be added to the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines

Hope that all helped you. Good luck.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Another thing I forgot is about 2 weeks after NVC has sent your paperwork to the embassy call back NVC and ask if your paperwork has been received by the embassy. If it has been received you could send packet 3 to the embassy, you do not need to wait until you receive packet 3 from the embassy.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Another thing I forgot is about 2 weeks after NVC has sent your paperwork to the embassy call back NVC and ask if your paperwork has been received by the embassy. If it has been received you could send packet 3 to the embassy, you do not need to wait until you receive packet 3 from the embassy.

Thank you so much for the information! This helps/reassures me that I'm on the right track. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.