Seth-Natali

Ex Issues

155 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I wonder if we could suggest the addition of an American flag icon for members that are no longer married to their foreign spouses and maybe their own forum? Or maybe like a Union Jack with one of those red circles with a line through it? It may not work well for a Canadian flag, maybe a blue line and circle for that one.

"ex issues" seems the appropriate thread for this.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I wonder if we could suggest the addition of an American flag icon for members that are no longer married to their foreign spouses and maybe their own forum? Or maybe like a Union Jack with one of those red circles with a line through it? It may not work well for a Canadian flag, maybe a blue line and circle for that one.

"ex issues" seems the appropriate thread for this.

Why's that? Educate us.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Pick your favorite moment of literary grimness.

Anna Karenina throwing herself on the train tracks.

Or Sydney Carton on the block.

Anyone that thinks British literature holds a candle to Russian literature when it comes to grimmness, hasn't read much Russian literature. Sydney Carton on the block is a man sacrificing for someone he loves and realizing that his life can mean something. Anna Karenina in front of a train is someone who decides that her life really is a total screw up and there is no way to make it better. There's no comparison.

For another comparison, look at Pride and Prejudice vs. Бесприданница (by Ostrovsky). The setup is pretty much the same (a charming and attractive girl from a family tries to navigate her way into a successful marriage). In the British version she finds Darcy. In the Russian version there's a Collins, several Wickum's, and Darcy turns out to be a profligate who hangs out with Gypsies and marries for the money. The girl ends up floating down the river with a bullet in her back after being taken advantage up by Darcy.

You don't understand dark literature until you study Russian literature.

Was there ever a Russian novel that didn't end up in tragedy?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Anyone that thinks British literature holds a candle to Russian literature when it comes to grimmness, hasn't read much Russian literature. Sydney Carton on the block is a man sacrificing for someone he loves and realizing that his life can mean something. Anna Karenina in front of a train is someone who decides that her life really is a total screw up and there is no way to make it better. There's no comparison.

For another comparison, look at Pride and Prejudice vs. Бесприданница (by Ostrovsky). The setup is pretty much the same (a charming and attractive girl from a family tries to navigate her way into a successful marriage). In the British version she finds Darcy. In the Russian version there's a Collins, several Wickum's, and Darcy turns out to be a profligate who hangs out with Gypsies and marries for the money. The girl ends up floating down the river with a bullet in her back after being taken advantage up by Darcy.

Well, I understand my wife much better now. She read too many Russian novels.

:thumbs:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Excellent!

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Weekend reading -- thanks SMR!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you keep feeding the stray cats, they'll never leave. Think man. Think.

Timeline

I have a book of Russian "Fairy Tales" a very large tome. Alla and I read the stories many times when we go to bed (helps me learn Russian) and they ALWAYS involve someone being beaten, dismembered, eaten or some such horrible outcome. I laugh at how evil they are and wonder about Russian parents reading these to children. :wacko:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I have a book of Russian "Fairy Tales" a very large tome. Alla and I read the stories many times when we go to bed (helps me learn Russian) and they ALWAYS involve someone being beaten, dismembered, eaten or some such horrible outcome. I laugh at how evil they are and wonder about Russian parents reading these to children. :wacko:

Kira has a similar book, and it's depressing as all get. She read me a few of those stories out of that book and I said that's enough, I'l stick to happy endings thank you very much. Same with Russian novels, and movies. The star is always getting whacked at the end but not before they go through ten chapters of pure misery. No wonder those people drink so much. I mean like #######...someone give those people Wizard of Oz or Tom Sawyer.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

If you keep feeding the stray cats, they'll never leave. Think man. Think.

My thoughts exactly. What the hell's going on around here anyway?

Normal interaction between Russians would get Americans hauled into court. "He shoved me!"

Kira has a similar book, and it's depressing as all get. She read me a few of those stories out of that book and I said that's enough, I'l stick to happy endings thank you very much. Same with Russian novels, and movies. The star is always getting whacked at the end but not before they go through ten chapters of pure misery. No wonder those people drink so much. I mean like #######...someone give those people Wizard of Oz or Tom Sawyer.

My buddy and I always laugh over the "Russian smile" they all have in the pictures. "It's because they're so happy."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

SUPER TOP-SECRET!

No girls allowed

post-50639-0-25343700-1327614193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

post-50639-0-25343700-1327614193_thumb.jpg

nomaam2.jpg

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.