Sign in to follow this  
AllisonB

Brazilian Baby names

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Can anyone find/recommend a book that lists Brazilian names. My husband and I have decided to give the baby a Brazilian name, but someone that Americans won't have TOO much trouble with. Does anyone have any favorites for boys or girls?

Last name will be Rodrigues.

Thanks!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not sure I'll have kids, but if I did, that would be the future kid's last name too. :)

PS why not choose one that is in both English and Pguese, although with different pronunciations? They do David, Isabel(a), Carolina, etc. Just don't start it with R and that will solve a lot of problems. :lol:

Timeline
Rrrrreynaldo Rrrrrrodriguez :P

HA, it's with an "s" at the end there, and the Rs there sound kind of like H, which could cause a lot of confusion. Especially with the Ls sounding like Ws and the Os sounding like OOs. Which is messed up. But sexy. ;)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
HA, it's with an "s" at the end there, and the Rs there sound kind of like H, which could cause a lot of confusion. Especially with the Ls sounding like Ws and the Os sounding like OOs. Which is messed up. But sexy. ;)

I like "Alex Rodrigues"....very nice. :D

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I like that idea, except that I don't want Americans to blatantly disregard the Brazilian pronunciation. I can see it now.

David Rodrigues?

-Present, but its Da-veed Hodrigues, please.

Teacher: Right.....sure thing, David.

It's gonna happen no matter what unless you spell it phonetically unfortunately.

Alex is a safe bet...

Carolina wont be "CAHroLEEna" it will come out "CarolEYEna" as per 'typical' pronunciation

Isabel wont be "EE-sabel" it will turn into "IZ-abel", etc.

I did a little bit of poking around online and nowhere seems to have strictly Brzilian names... Lots of "Spanish" though. Here's a few that might not get too butchered:

Adriana

Blanca

Eduardo (will most likely get shortened to Ed anyway lol)

Elena

Gabriel (I'm a personal fan of this. For a girl; Gabriela)

Lela

Mirabel

Nina

Ricardo

Rosalyn

Sorry they're mostly female names but the boys' are a lot easier to screw up the pronunciation on.

Good luck :star:

AOS/EAD/AP:

Apr. 24 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Sent to Chicago Lockbox

Apr. 25 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Arrived at Chicago

Apr. 30 2007: NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

May 02 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Cheques cashed

May 03 2007: AOS/EAD/AP Touched

May 22 2007: RFE

May 25 2007: Biometrics for EAD

May 29 2007: EAD Touched

Jun. 06 2007: Biometrics for AOS Completed at the same time as EAD

Jun. 08 2007: RFE sent back

Jun. 11 2007: RFE Rec'd

Jun. 13 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 14 2007: AOS Touched

Jun. 18 2007: AOS Touched

Jul. 10 2007: EAD and AP Touched and approved!

Aug. 17 2007: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!!!

Lifting Conditions:

Jun. 15 2009: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug. 14 2009: Biometrics

Sep. 17 2009: Approved!

Pillowcased: Diary of a Madwoman. Full timeline coming soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Kaká :thumbs::lol:

Edited by Erik

3dflagsdotcomusa2fawm8fa.gif 3dflagsdotcombrazi2fawm8bu.gif

NOA1 Date Received - 5/09/2006

Petition Transfered from NSC to CSC - 6/01/2006

Touched - 6/02/2006

Touched - 6/03/2006

IMBRA RFE Received - 06/30/2006 (Dated 06/23/2006)

IMBRA RFE Delivered - 07/01/2006 (USPS Next Day)

Touched - 07/03/2006 (Email saying they sent RFE)

Touched - 07/04/2006

Touched - 07/05/2006

Touched - 07/10/2006 (Recieved RFE Response)

Touched - 07/11/2006

Touched - 07/12/2006

Touched - 07/13/2006

Touched - 08/03/2006

NOA2 Approved - 08/03/2006

Touched - 08/06/2006

NVC Entered Case into System - 08/21/2006

Consulate in Rio de Janeiro confirms receipt - 08/29/2006 (may have arrived sooner, only got around to calling today).

Fiance sent Packet 3 to Embassy (Before she actually received it) - 09/01/2006

Fiance receives actual Packet 3 - 09/06/2006

Fiance receives Packet 4 - 09/22/2006

Medical Scheduled - 11/06/2006

Interview Scheduled - 11/07/2006

Fiance should be on her way to me! 11/10/2006

Visa Approved!

Timeline

I like "Alex Rodrigues"....very nice. :D

Yeah, I'm not going to be A-Rod, although my family has enjoyed that joke quite a bit. :)

PS the tooth surgery worked: THE RFE CAME!!!!

For: Rey's birth certificate and a translation.

Can anyone find/recommend a book that lists Brazilian names. My husband and I have decided to give the baby a Brazilian name, but someone that Americans won't have TOO much trouble with. Does anyone have any favorites for boys or girls?

Last name will be Rodrigues.

Thanks!!

Ana Paula. This has always been one of my favorites --- it was he name of a little homeless girl I met in Fortaleza, Brazil.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wifes name is Valdicea (Val for short) . Her sisters names are Vania, Vanisy, and Valginea (I am sure i spelled them wrong but you get the picture).

A few names if you like VVVVV's.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Timeline
My wifes name is Valdicea (Val for short) . Her sisters names are Vania, Vanisy, and Valginea (I am sure i spelled them wrong but you get the picture).

A few names if you like VVVVV's.

"Valginea" is just....too close. :blink: