AllisonB

Brazilian Baby names

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Rrrrreynaldo Rrrrrrodriguez :P

HEY!

My name is exotic...

HA, it's with an "s" at the end there, and the Rs there sound kind of like H, which could cause a lot of confusion. Especially with the Ls sounding like Ws and the Os sounding like OOs. Which is messed up. But sexy. ;)

I like "Alex Rodrigues"....very nice. :D

Yeah, I'm not going to be A-Rod, although my family has enjoyed that joke quite a bit. :)

PS the tooth surgery worked: THE RFE CAME!!!!

For: Rey's birth certificate and a translation.

And if i were you i wouldn't be so certain that you are not going to take my name.

Edited by Reynaldo

Timeline
And if i were you i wouldn't be so certain that you are not going to take my name.

Ok, then you have to take my 2 last names too. I'm not going to be the only Jewzilian of the two of us.

Timeline

My wifes name is Valdicea (Val for short) . Her sisters names are Vania, Vanisy, and Valginea (I am sure i spelled them wrong but you get the picture).

A few names if you like VVVVV's.

"Valginea" is just....too close. :blink:

I was thinking the SAME thing! Had to look twice.

Ok, then you have to take my 2 last names too. I'm not going to be the only Jewzilian of the two of us.

My wife kept her full name and decided she wanted my middle name and last name...she insists on using it all and it does not fit in any american computer system that cannot accomodate more letters than the alphabet. USCIS was really pissed about that too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I found this site that lists some Brazilan Baby Names...

MALE Brazilian baby names

FEMALE Brazilian baby names

I just read those and many of them are really unusual, not to say weird.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

You'll find some nice names here: http://guiadobebe.uol.com.br/listanomes/se...cfm?ranking.cfm

And you'll find names here searching by letter: http://guiadobebe.uol.com.br/listanomes/se...cfm?procura.cfm - you'll have to read through the lists with your husband, because there are many unusual names listed there.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I like that idea, except that I don't want Americans to blatantly disregard the Brazilian pronunciation. I can see it now.

David Rodrigues?

-Present, but its Da-veed Hodrigues, please.

Teacher: Right.....sure thing, David.

Katya and I had that discussion the other night, except about Ukrainian pronunciation. It drives her NUTS that Americans just can't seem to pronouce her name to her liking. And it gets (in my opinion) even sillier...she wants Americans to pronouce her name the 'Ukrainian' way not the 'Russian' way. I just kind of smile and nod when she goes off in this direction of frustration.

Anyways, my point is this...good luck with that one!

Joel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You two crack me up!!!

Timeline

When we have a baby girl, I'm almost sure we'll name her Alice. It works just perfect! I love the way it sounds in portuguese, english and.... I'm a huge Alice in Wonderland fan!! :luv:

I'm not sure about our boy's name yet though.... still thinking!

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Timeline

PRICILLA...

IT IS MY BEST FRIEND'S NAME...

Savy and Manny

1990's- We grew up together (childhood friends)

2003- Romantic Relationship

11/2004-Engaged

9/29/06 - I-129F Sent (long way to go 'till my baby comes!)

10/3/06 - I-129F Signed/recieved by TSC

10/16/06 - NOA1

12/21/06 - I-129F Approved - NOA2

1/8/07-NVC gave me case number in DR and sent it to the embassy