kkkcartoons

MY SON ... I 864 OR I-864W

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am filing my son's petition to come here to the United States. He is currently in the Philippines living with my parents and we are almost near our interview date (fingers crossed!) Our petition is already with the NVC and I have already paid the IV fee bill. The next step is to file the Affidavit of support. The most important question I need to ask if any of you can help is DO I USE THE I-864W OR THE I-864? I, his mother, is the USC even at the time of my sons birth and he will be living with me obviously. I think he is qualified for the The Child Citizenship Act of 2000. PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am filing my son's petition to come here to the United States. He is currently in the Philippines living with my parents and we are almost near our interview date (fingers crossed!) Our petition is already with the NVC and I have already paid the IV fee bill. The next step is to file the Affidavit of support. The most important question I need to ask if any of you can help is DO I USE THE I-864W OR THE I-864? I, his mother, is the USC even at the time of my sons birth and he will be living with me obviously. I think he is qualified for the The Child Citizenship Act of 2000. PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

I filed for my daughter who is 2 years old too...I was not sure which one will be required at the NVC stage for the AOS .So what i did is fill out both the I864 AND I 864 W.But from reading in other thread and from talking to a friend of mine who filed for his 5 year old son a year ago, he first submitted the I 864 and NVC later gave him and RFE that they need the I 864 W instead.He sent the I 864 W then and everything went well thereafter

I filed for my daughter who is 2 years old too...I was not sure which one will be required at the NVC stage for the AOS .So what i did is fill out both the I864 AND I 864 W.But from reading in other thread and from talking to a friend of mine who filed for his 5 year old son a year ago, he first submitted the I 864 and NVC later gave him and RFE that they need the I 864 W instead.He sent the I 864 W then and everything went well thereafter

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I, his mother, is the USC even at the time of my sons birth and he will be living with me obviously. I think he is qualified for the The Child Citizenship Act of 2000.

You mean to say when your son was born you were already a USC ?

How old is your son now ?

Filed: Timeline

You mean to say when your son was born you were already a USC ?

How old is your son now ?

YES BUT HE WAS BORN ABROAD IN THE PHILIPPINES. I AM A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN BUT GREW UP IN THE PHILIPPINES, DID NOT FULFILL THE REQUIREMENT FOR HAVING BEEN A RESIDENT IN THE US 5 YEARS PRIOR TO HIS BIRTH, BUT NOW I HAVE COME BACK TO THE US AND HAVE BEEN HERE OVER 3 YEARS AND HAVE STABILIZED MYSELF AND I AM BRINGING HIM OVER. MY SON JUST TURNED 4 YEARS OLD...

DO i-864 W IS THE WAY TO GO?

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

YES BUT HE WAS BORN ABROAD IN THE PHILIPPINES. I AM A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN BUT GREW UP IN THE PHILIPPINES, DID NOT FULFILL THE REQUIREMENT FOR HAVING BEEN A RESIDENT IN THE US 5 YEARS PRIOR TO HIS BIRTH, BUT NOW I HAVE COME BACK TO THE US AND HAVE BEEN HERE OVER 3 YEARS AND HAVE STABILIZED MYSELF AND I AM BRINGING HIM OVER. MY SON JUST TURNED 4 YEARS OLD...

DO i-864 W IS THE WAY TO GO?

What about your parents? Are they US citizens? Did they live in the US before your son was born ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You submit an I-864W. Your son will become a US citizen by action of law when he is admitted to the US for permanent residence. He is therefore exempt from the affidavit of support requirement.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You submit an I-864W. Your son will become a US citizen by action of law when he is admitted to the US for permanent residence. He is therefore exempt from the affidavit of support requirement.

JIMVAPHUONG IS RIGHT! YOU ONLY NEED THE I-864W WHY???

I-864W, Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption

Intending immigrant is a child who will become a U.S.citizen immediately upon entry under the ChildCitizenship Act of 2000 (CCA).

Under the CCA, somechildren become U.S. citizens immediately upon admissionto the United States or adjustment of status to that of alawful permanent resident.

For this classification to apply:

-At least one parent of the child is a U.S. citizen.

-The child is under 18 years of age at the time ofadmission or adjustment of status.

I HAVE A 5 YEARS OLD DAUGHTER AND WE GOTTA NEED TO FILE THE SAME FORM. SHE/HE DONT NEED AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Edited by GARDY & NANO

USCIS

CR-1 Y CR-2 (173 DAYS)

JUL-27-11..........SENT THE I-130 FOR WIFE & DAUGHTER (5 YEARS OLD).

JUL-29-11...........RECEIVED IN CHICAGO & PRIORITY DATE 29/JULY IN BOTH CASES

AUG-02-11..........TEXT & EMAIL CONFIRMATION

AUG-04-11..........TOUCH

AUG-10-11..........GET THE FAMOUS NOA1 in the mail!!!!!

JAN-12-12..........WE ASK FOR EXPEDITE REQUEST

JAN-18-12..........NOA2 IN BOTH CASES!!!!!! :D

-------------------------------------

NVC

FEB-01-12..........CASE NUMBER & INVOICE I.D. (BOTH CASES)

FEB-02-12..........CHOICE OF AGENT

MAY-08-12..........AOS PAID

MAY-08-12..........IV PAID

MAY-10-12..........DS-260 & ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS

MAY-10-12..........AOS PACKAGE

MAY-15-12..........I MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE BANK ACCOUNT # WHEN I MADE THE PAID FOR IV & AOS!!!!!

MAY-19-12..........3ER TIME I SEND THE PAID FOR IV & AOS.

MAY-22-12..........APPEARS PAID!! :D

MAY-23-12..........WE RECEIVE AN EMAIL ASKING THE IV & AOS FEE!!!AND WE ALREADY PAID!!

MAY-23-12..........OUR CASES PASSED TO A SUPERVISOR OF NVC!!:D

MAY-23-12..........CASE COMPLETE

-------------------------------------

CONSULATE IN CD.JUAREZ

JUL-02-12..........MEDICAL EXAMS/VACCINES

JUL-03-12..........CAS CD JUAREZ

JUL-06-12..........INTERVIEW

[/color]JUL-10-12..........EL PASO,TX.

JUL-17-12........#SS DAUGHTER

JUL-25-12..........GREEN CARDS OF HAND!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.