jaja_ph

what do they usually ask in the immigration im my port of entry..(Hawaii)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My POE was in Honolulu. They asked me few questions like when is our wedding, name of my petitioner, what is our address and how long does the K1 visa is valid. They took the Xray cd too.

Our K1 Visa Timeline

AOS

08-30-2011 - AOS/EAD packet sent

09-12-2011 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD with 09-08 notice date

10-11-2011 - Biometrics appointment (appointment letter received on 09/19)

11-03-2011 - EAD card production request

11-14-2011 - EAD in the mail

12-08-2011 - Interview date (e-mail notification date 11/08) APPROVED!

12-13-2011 - Card production ordered

12-14-2011 - Card mailed to our address

12-17-2011 - Got gc in the mailbox! Valid until 12/13/2013 <wonderful christmas gift>

**No more USCIS for two years**

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is no interview when you enter your POE to the USA.

They either chat with you or say nothing at all. No point to be worried.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup don't be nervous! :)

Our K1 Visa Timeline

AOS

08-30-2011 - AOS/EAD packet sent

09-12-2011 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD with 09-08 notice date

10-11-2011 - Biometrics appointment (appointment letter received on 09/19)

11-03-2011 - EAD card production request

11-14-2011 - EAD in the mail

12-08-2011 - Interview date (e-mail notification date 11/08) APPROVED!

12-13-2011 - Card production ordered

12-14-2011 - Card mailed to our address

12-17-2011 - Got gc in the mailbox! Valid until 12/13/2013 <wonderful christmas gift>

**No more USCIS for two years**

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I travel through Honolulu when I fly to the Phils, and I see "the new brides" in line, the officers there are very nice. There is nothing to worry about it will be a good experience, especially after they tell you welcome to the United States.

What airline are you flying?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

So are you flying to hawaii for a vacation from the states? Or hawaii is your first entrance into the USA?

^^^ Why would the OP be going through immigration if she were flying to Hawaii from the States? :huh:

@OP...there's nothing to worry about...it's just easy...the customs guy is probably Pinoy! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I travel through Honolulu when I fly to the Phils, and I see "the new brides" in line, the officers there are very nice. There is nothing to worry about it will be a good experience, especially after they tell you welcome to the United States.

What airline are you flying?

Philippine Airlines

Timeline

My POE was in Honolulu. They asked me few questions like when is our wedding, name of my petitioner, what is our address and how long does the K1 visa is valid. They took the Xray cd too.

thank's alot! :)

Yup don't be nervous! :)

There is no interview when you enter your POE to the USA.

They either chat with you or say nothing at all. No point to be worried.

what do they usually ask in the immigration in hawaii?my visa is a K1/fiance visa.i'll be leaving next week..just kinda nervous!!!

I did my POE in Hawaii and as I remember, the officer swear me in, ask my name, my fiance's name and if i promise to get married within the 90 days...

I also got married in Hawaii, ask your marriage performer that you are a K-1 and need your certificate right away... I presume you will stay a bit in Hawaii after the vacation right? Make sure to make time to go to Dept of Health (that's were they register birth, marriage, death, etc) before you leave the island and ask copies of your marriage certificate so that you will receive it in a month instead of waiting for it 60-120 days (please see the link below). Then you can AOS earlier.

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/marriage/index.html

Goodluck! Safe Trip! and Best wishes!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

hawaii will be my first entry to US..im gonna get married there.

simple questions lang like, when is your wedding, what's the name of your fiance... yes, the immigration officers in honolulu are very warm..so you have nothing to worry about.. ang babait nila.. where ka sa hawaii by the way? I am in Maui

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.