Blessed N Favored

N-400 JANUARY 2012 FILERS

1,284 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Woo hoo!

"Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from February 7, 2012, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address."

Yay :dance::dance::dance:

Hope we will be next in line :D

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Woo hoo!

"Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from February 7, 2012, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address."

Woohoo!:goofy: Congratulations, Pandawars!

Great news!!!!! :dance: Congrats again!!! Start dusting off your study booklet. ;)

Yep, Better hit those books! :dancing:

Congrats!

WOW. Boston is fast. 1 month from filing to interview letter?

well, I don't have the actual letter yet but when it comes it'll be pretty close to 1 month. I also did early biometrics(only like 6 days earlier than the scheduled date). Also, I think it's because my application is pretty straight forward...no legal run ins, rarely travel internationally, i've had my green card for 10+ years, etc.

01/06/2012 - N400 sent to Lewisville, TX

01/09/2012 - N400 Received

01/12/2012 - Check Cashed

01/17/2012 - NOA Received Priority Date 01/09/2012

01/23/2012 - Biometric Letter Mailed

01/26/2012 - Biometric Letter Received Appointment Date 02/02/2012

01/27/2012 - Early Biometrics Completed

02/06/2012 - Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02/07/2012 - Interview Letter sent out

02/11/2012 - Interview Letter Received

03/19/2012 - Interview Scheduled and APPROVED!

04/18/2012 - I'm a US CITIZEN!!

Woohoo!:goofy: Congratulations, Pandawars!

Yep, Better hit those books! :dancing:

How much do people actually study this stuff? I grew up in the US and have gone to school here since the 3rd grade. When I got the study booklet from the Biometrics appointment, I briefly ran through the questions and I knew most of the questions right off the bat. I heard that they really only ask you 6 questions and have you write and read a sentence in english...english is my first language so I don't think it'll be that difficult. I'll probably study the obscure questions about Native American tribes, about the Federalist Paper authors, and when the Constitution was written(noticed from one of the other forums that this question was actually asked).

How much do people actually study this stuff? I grew up in the US and have gone to school here since the 3rd grade. When I got the study booklet from the Biometrics appointment, I briefly ran through the questions and I knew most of the questions right off the bat. I heard that they really only ask you 6 questions and have you write and read a sentence in english...english is my first language so I don't think it'll be that difficult. I'll probably study the obscure questions about Native American tribes, about the Federalist Paper authors, and when the Constitution was written(noticed from one of the other forums that this question was actually asked).

well ... it is much harder for some people (just like engineering or PDE or programming) ... especially who came here a little older. I saw several people failing the civics test.

btw, I guess there are like 10-15 questions thats worth studying for. You never know, your first 5 questions may be from those 15 and you fall below 60% if wrong :D

better safe than sorry :D

well ... it is much harder for some people (just like engineering or PDE or programming) ... especially who came here a little older. I saw several people failing the civics test.

btw, I guess there are like 10-15 questions thats worth studying for. You never know, your first 5 questions may be from those 15 and you fall below 60% if wrong :D

better safe than sorry :D

very very true...I'm just speaking for my situation. maybe in the future, they'll make the test harder or different for people who come from english speaking countries such as Canada, Great Britain, etc. I don't see how having native english speaking applicants speak and write english really shows anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

congrats to all the successful applicants! My wife received the NOA email last week and then the hard copy in the mail yesterday. What I found interesting is the hard copy did not mention biometrics at all, and said something like "once we review your documents and application, your interview appointment will be scheduled". Is it me or is it odd that biometrics were not mentioned? They definitely cashed my check that paid for them so it is not a big deal! If my memory serves me correctly, the other NOA notices along this immigration trail mentioned the biometric appointment would be scheduled. As another note, we have been fortunate on the previous steps and my wife has never had to go to an interview. ;-)

For those who have been interviewed for the N-400, what was the civics test like? Was it an oral or written test? If written, was it multiple guess or fill in the blank? My wife is proficient in English so that part will not be of concern for her. Last fall I downloaded the PDF from the website that had all 100 questions from which they are supposed to pull the questions for the interview. I then made an MP3 file for my wife by reading each question and then supplying the correct answer. She has it on her MP3 player now and will listen to it from time to time while working. I designed it to work along with the PDF file so one can listen to the file on the computer and read the question in the file at the same time, but it works fine alone, too. We also put it on a CD and played it on our car when we took a trip to Texas last November for a wedding and she did very well on it. Her biggest difficulty is with names of politicians. My brother's wife is from Peru and next year they will be filing the N-400 and he plans on using my file, as well.

I wish smooth sailing for all of us!

Jan 26, 2012...mailed N-400 for wife

Feb 2, 2012..check cashed

Feb 3, 2012 NOA email and text message

Feb 7, 2012 NOA hard copy in mail

March 14, 2012 email stating in line for interview scheduling

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

3-17 interview letter in the mail--scheudled for 4-19-12

4-19 Wife passed interview! Oath to be scheduled

5-24 Oath ceremony! new US citizen

congrats to all the successful applicants! My wife received the NOA email last week and then the hard copy in the mail yesterday. What I found interesting is the hard copy did not mention biometrics at all, and said something like "once we review your documents and application, your interview appointment will be scheduled". Is it me or is it odd that biometrics were not mentioned? They definitely cashed my check that paid for them so it is not a big deal! If my memory serves me correctly, the other NOA notices along this immigration trail mentioned the biometric appointment would be scheduled. As another note, we have been fortunate on the previous steps and my wife has never had to go to an interview. ;-)

For those who have been interviewed for the N-400, what was the civics test like? Was it an oral or written test? If written, was it multiple guess or fill in the blank? My wife is proficient in English so that part will not be of concern for her. Last fall I downloaded the PDF from the website that had all 100 questions from which they are supposed to pull the questions for the interview. I then made an MP3 file for my wife by reading each question and then supplying the correct answer. She has it on her MP3 player now and will listen to it from time to time while working. I designed it to work along with the PDF file so one can listen to the file on the computer and read the question in the file at the same time, but it works fine alone, too. We also put it on a CD and played it on our car when we took a trip to Texas last November for a wedding and she did very well on it. Her biggest difficulty is with names of politicians. My brother's wife is from Peru and next year they will be filing the N-400 and he plans on using my file, as well.

I wish smooth sailing for all of us!

Oral test - the interviewer will ask questions from those 100 civics questions - all your wife has to do is answer 6 questions right out of 10. So if she misses first two and then keep answering right, she will be asked 8 in total.

Btw, biometrics and receipt are two different NOAs, I got them on the same day in diff envelopes. You can see in this thread and others, a lot of people got them on diff days. First the receipt, then biometrics. My parents go them 3-4 days apart.

I will have to make some kind of shortcut (mental tricks) of remembering those civics questions for my dad and mom - since they struggle with those. I will try to post them here too - though I am sure nobody here 'need' those :D

Edited by DeathStrike

Timeline

Oral test - the interviewer will ask questions from those 100 civics questions - all your wife has to do is answer 6 questions right out of 10. So if she misses first two and then keep answering right, she will be asked 8 in total.

Btw, biometrics and receipt are two different NOAs, I got them on the same day in diff envelopes. You can see in this thread and others, a lot of people got them on diff days. First the receipt, then biometrics. My parents go them 3-4 days apart.

I will have to make some kind of shortcut (mental tricks) of remembering those civics questions for my dad and mom - since they struggle with those. I will try to post them here too - though I am sure nobody here 'need' those :D

Thanks for the information! I will be looking for the bio NOA in the mail soon, then.

I appreciate the information for the test. I thought she had to get 7 of 10 right, but 6 is even better! :thumbs:

When I first went through the civics materials I was reading a multiple choice document and I still missed a handful out of 100. When I took it as a fill-in-the-blank, i did much worse! I guess it is because a lot of that I studied in school about a 100 years ago and have forgotten most of it! hahaha Now, after working on them with my wife, I am confident that I could probably get in the mid-90% range if asked orally. (my memory is not as good as it used to be :whistle: )

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

Also, I think it's because my application is pretty straight forward...no legal run ins, rarely travel internationally, i've had my green card for 10+ years, etc.

Maybe it's not just how busy the office is but also that you are eligible right now to be a citizen. Notscenenough is not even eligible until around the first of April looking at his timeline. So perhaps they hold off a little to get closer to the eligibility date. Either way, Notscenenough is not going to be a citizen before April/May even if his/her interview was tomorrow.

I don't see how having native english speaking applicants speak and write english really shows anything.

Well the point is, our country speaks English and they expect new citizens to do so. All laws/requirements should be applied equally. If somebody's native language is English, then lucky them.

congrats to all the successful applicants! My wife received the NOA email last week and then the hard copy in the mail yesterday. What I found interesting is the hard copy did not mention biometrics at all, and said something like "once we review your documents and application, your interview appointment will be scheduled". Is it me or is it odd that biometrics were not mentioned?

Biometrics was not mentioned in ours either (January), but we still got a letter later. Some people aren't sent to biometrics if they did it within the last 15 months.

We also put it on a CD and played it on our car when we took a trip to Texas last November for a wedding and she did very well on it. Her biggest difficulty is with names of politicians. My brother's wife is from Peru and next year they will be filing the N-400 and he plans on using my file, as well.

Great initiative on your part for helping your wife. The study guide they gave us at biometrics has the 100 questions, answers, and an audio CD that reads the question followed by the answers.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I am kind of freaking out.. I mailed my application a week ago and since I did cashiers check I haven't been able to track if they've cashed it or not.. Is it normal? I keep seeing within a week response for almost everyone in the thread. Am I just being paranoid?

R.

Excess: glad to see everyone's moving right along!

01-30-2012: N-400 filed through FedEx express mail

01-31-2012: N-400 received @ 8:43 am via FedEx expressmail

02-10-2012: NOA1 received

02-07-2012: FP letter mailed

02-11-2012: FP appointment letter received

02-29-2012: FP appointment

Timeline

Biometrics was not mentioned in ours either (January), but we still got a letter later. Some people aren't sent to biometrics if they did it within the last 15 months.

Great initiative on your part for helping your wife. The study guide they gave us at biometrics has the 100 questions, answers, and an audio CD that reads the question followed by the answers.

It has been less than 12 months since her last biometrics, at this point...very close to 1 year, though. We will cheerfully do whatever they instruct us to do! :innocent:

It is great that they provide an audio CD, too. I know it has to sound better than the one that I made for my wife, but I know it meant a lot to her. She said the first time she listened to it, she heard 2 or 3 questions and was confused, thinking she knew that voice. She had not realized that I had actually made it for her; she thought I had downloaded it from somewhere. Once she realized that it was my voice, she said that her reaction was "OH! That is my Honey!" and then smiled the rest of the day at work. :D

Many times it is not the quality of the job but the effort behind it that counts the most. :thumbs:

I am kind of freaking out.. I mailed my application a week ago and since I did cashiers check I haven't been able to track if they've cashed it or not.. Is it normal? I keep seeing within a week response for almost everyone in the thread. Am I just being paranoid?

R.

any time now ...... no worries :)

did you not include a e-notification G-1145 ?

R.

unless you filed a form to get notified electronically or by text, you'll just have to wait until you actually get the notice. I didn't get my NOA until 11 days after I mailed out my application. It's only been 10 days for you since you sent it in so I'd give it a few days.

Edited by pandawars

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.