yousufwalton

more questions.

13 posts in this topic

the form ds-230 is it sent to nvc or is it taken with us to the embassy at interview date.

Also the same question for i-184 ( and i-184a) is it sent to nvc or taken with us to the embassy on interview date.

I am trying to prepare everything i have to to mail to my family in America to keep times short and sweet. to avoid the weeks of waiting for mail to cross the ocean with the horrid Indonesian mail service.

this way they can have all the signed orginals ready to send in.

I am reading all the guides and shortcut pages and its just making a bit confused.

( in indonesia its really easy to get Temporary residence and Permenant Residence. just have to be married get a social visa in their name come back to indonesia and change it to a Temporary residence visa, then after 2 years marriage you can upgrade it to PR and its good for 5 years at a time. )

Edited by yousufwalton

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NOA2 March 23 2012 ( expedited )

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

AOS bill invoiced Apr 6th 2012

IV bill invoiced APR 20 2012

NVC Complete may 9th 2012

Papers received at embassy in Jakarta May 21 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

POE Dallas/Ft W May 25th 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The DS230 and the 864 are sumbitted to NVC after you've paid the IV and AOS bills

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

The DS230 and the 864 are sumbitted to NVC after you've paid the IV and AOS bills

Good luck

because when i go to the jakarta embassy website it says .

Documents required for Family Based Visa:

Passport must be valid for 8 months or more

DS-230

Birth Certificate

Name change Certificate (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

Marriage Certificate

Death or Divorce Decree (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

Military discharge, arrest, prison, court records; U.S. immigration documents (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

Police Certificate

Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more.

To learn on how to get police certificates by country, please click the drop down menu at http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html.

Please note Indonesian Police Certificate is not required

Original Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from the Petitioner along with supporting evidence:

a. One year U.S. income tax returns 1040 and W-2 (copies are acceptable)

b. Bank statements or proof of assets

c. Letter of employment or job offer

Two identical passport size photographs of each applicant

Medical Examination result

Fee of USD 404.00 paid in IDR at current exchange rates. If the fee hasn’t been paid in the U.S., fee can be pay at the Consular cashier on the interview day.

So how do i give them the original one if it is sent to nvc do they send it back ??

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

because when i go to the jakarta embassy website it says .

Documents required for Family Based Visa:

Passport must be valid for 8 months or more

DS-230

Birth Certificate

Name change Certificate (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

Marriage Certificate

Death or Divorce Decree (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

Military discharge, arrest, prison, court records; U.S. immigration documents (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

Police Certificate

Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more.

To learn on how to get police certificates by country, please click the drop down menu at http://travel.state....fees_3272.html.

Please note Indonesian Police Certificate is not required

Original Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from the Petitioner along with supporting evidence:

a. One year U.S. income tax returns 1040 and W-2 (copies are acceptable)

b. Bank statements or proof of assets

c. Letter of employment or job offer

Two identical passport size photographs of each applicant

Medical Examination result

Fee of USD 404.00 paid in IDR at current exchange rates. If the fee hasn't been paid in the U.S., fee can be pay at the Consular cashier on the interview day.

So how do i give them the original one if it is sent to nvc do they send it back ??

These are instructions for cases directly filed with the Consulate. Follow the NVC instructions instead.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

ok another question. My father is going to be the co sponsor. this is his following pay scale

$10hr x 40 = 400 x 4 = 1600 x12 = 19200 (orange grove)

250week x 4 = 1000 x 12 - 12000 (bright star)

12000 + 19200 = 31200

this is without his normal over time ( usually 10-40 hours over time per month )

plus they have a house ( which they will give to me and my wife after we get there ) worth about 80,000 with just 10,000 left on payments

This should cover the conditions for the co sponsor for a house hold of 5 ( my father , mother , my wife , my son , myself )

but when i do the I-184 additions it comes up to 4 members because not using my mothers income ( she is disabled on ssi ) but a dependent on my fathers taxes

so yeah anyways this should cover the costs for the household of 5 with his income and assets ( his work will also give him a letter saying that it is completely and most likely that he would make at least 33,000 a year with his wages and over time etc .

Basically i am pre preparing everything that i can to save in time and posting fees accross the ocean hehe. sorry for all the questions and thank you all for the help.

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Timeline

ok another question. My father is going to be the co sponsor. this is his following pay scale

$10hr x 40 = 400 x 4 = 1600 x12 = 19200 (orange grove)

250week x 4 = 1000 x 12 - 12000 (bright star)

12000 + 19200 = 31200

this is without his normal over time ( usually 10-40 hours over time per month )

plus they have a house ( which they will give to me and my wife after we get there ) worth about 80,000 with just 10,000 left on payments

This should cover the conditions for the co sponsor for a house hold of 5 ( my father , mother , my wife , my son , myself )

but when i do the I-184 additions it comes up to 4 members because not using my mothers income ( she is disabled on ssi ) but a dependent on my fathers taxes

so yeah anyways this should cover the costs for the household of 5 with his income and assets ( his work will also give him a letter saying that it is completely and most likely that he would make at least 33,000 a year with his wages and over time etc .

Basically i am pre preparing everything that i can to save in time and posting fees accross the ocean hehe. sorry for all the questions and thank you all for the help.

For 40 hours a week, you multiply 10X2080 (400 X 52 = 2080)

For 250 a week, it's 250 X 52.

That all adds up to $33,800, just slightly over the $32,712 minimum requirement for a household of 5. I would add in your mother's income and have her do an I-864a. If you list home equity, they will need an appraisal.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

For 40 hours a week, you multiply 10X2080 (400 X 52 = 2080)

For 250 a week, it's 250 X 52.

That all adds up to $33,800, just slightly over the $32,712 minimum requirement for a household of 5. I would add in your mother's income and have her do an I-864a. If you list home equity, they will need an appraisal.

Wouldn't my mothers SSI disability be a non countable income ?? she is on public benifits and it will go down with my dad having these new jobs.

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Timeline

Wouldn't my mothers SSI disability be a non countable income ?? she is on public benifits and it will go down with my dad having these new jobs.

If it was non countable, I wouldn't have suggested counting it. When you do the affidavit use the current SSI amount. The affidavit of support is a present tense document.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

If it was non countable, I wouldn't have suggested counting it. When you do the affidavit use the current SSI amount. The affidavit of support is a present tense document.

ok so she gets 400 a month in SSI income , and files jointly with my dad. so make a second I-184a for my mother go to with the i-184a for my father. My mom said my dad is her ssi payee and they file jointly so how to do that one. ??

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Timeline

ok so she gets 400 a month in SSI income , and files jointly with my dad. so make a second I-184a for my mother go to with the i-184a for my father. My mom said my dad is her ssi payee and they file jointly so how to do that one. ??

Can't make heads or tails of that question regarding your mother's income. It's her income.

I would file an I-864 for yourself, the another I-864 for your father with an I-864a from your mother. As head of his household, your father needs to file his own I-864. It's the only way HIS household size can be properly accounted for. Are YOU saying you are part of your father's household?

Have you even filed the petition yet? I don't see a timeline.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Can't make heads or tails of that question regarding your mother's income. It's her income.

I would file an I-864 for yourself, the another I-864 for your father with an I-864a from your mother. As head of his household, your father needs to file his own I-864. It's the only way HIS household size can be properly accounted for. Are YOU saying you are part of your father's household?

Have you even filed the petition yet? I don't see a timeline.

Umm no not filed yet. I am currently living in Indonesia with my wife and son on a temporary resident permit in my wife's name. in the usa i have some bills in my name and legal mailing address as on my current drivers license and billing address to keep my domicile there. I cant leave my wife here alone with our 11 month old baby its to much of an important time if I'm not around my son he wont get to know me properly. and even with the crappy job i have here of 400 dollars a month it lets me support my family comfortably. although i wont get into the details of it im not fully legal to be working and being held a bit out of my will to this job. short version I have to keep them happy until the day i leave or they can cause trouble.

I am making all the forms out and signing them here in Indonesia and then mailing everything that could be needed in the process to America since they will send everything in for us. to save money and time on mailing back and forth between Indonesia and America.

SO make a 864 for me and an 864 for my dad then make and 864a for my mom to accompany my fathers. and mine. We would all be living in the same house. same address everything in the USA . their address is my legal mailing address in the USA.

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Timeline

Umm no not filed yet. I am currently living in Indonesia with my wife and son on a temporary resident permit in my wife's name. in the usa i have some bills in my name and legal mailing address as on my current drivers license and billing address to keep my domicile there. I cant leave my wife here alone with our 11 month old baby its to much of an important time if I'm not around my son he wont get to know me properly. and even with the crappy job i have here of 400 dollars a month it lets me support my family comfortably. although i wont get into the details of it im not fully legal to be working and being held a bit out of my will to this job. short version I have to keep them happy until the day i leave or they can cause trouble.

I am making all the forms out and signing them here in Indonesia and then mailing everything that could be needed in the process to America since they will send everything in for us. to save money and time on mailing back and forth between Indonesia and America.

SO make a 864 for me and an 864 for my dad then make and 864a for my mom to accompany my fathers. and mine. We would all be living in the same house. same address everything in the USA . their address is my legal mailing address in the USA.

It's' too soon to deal with the affidavits of support. They need to contain current information at the time they are submitted, several months AFTER the petition is submitted. I suggest you deal with getting the petition filed and leave the NVC stage papers until the petition is approved.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

It's' too soon to deal with the affidavits of support. They need to contain current information at the time they are submitted, several months AFTER the petition is submitted. I suggest you deal with getting the petition filed and leave the NVC stage papers until the petition is approved.

ok yeah but your saying ( what i understand ) make an I-184 for me and my father then an I-184a for my mother.

basically i'm just printing and signing papers the info will be put in later

this way they are sitting there in the usa waiting for the packets and requests

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.