mugs

Wait times for interview date after case complete

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My wife and I (she is a citizen)have applied for her daughter (over 21, unmarried)to get a visa. We have submitted the DS-230 and I-864 and have gotten the "case completed" email from the NVC. We got that email on October 20th so that makes it about 8 weeks. We still haven't gotten the interview date. I've called but they tell me there is no particular problem and that we just have to wait. Previously I had tried to do a little research in order to get an idea of the wait time for the interview date (for our category) and I was figuring (I guess incorrectly!)that it would be about 2-4 weeks. Should I be worried?

As it is now, what's the wait time looking like?

Thanks!

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I (she is a citizen)have applied for her daughter (over 21, unmarried)to get a visa. We have submitted the DS-230 and I-864 and have gotten the "case completed" email from the NVC. We got that email on October 20th so that makes it about 8 weeks. We still haven't gotten the interview date. I've called but they tell me there is no particular problem and that we just have to wait. Previously I had tried to do a little research in order to get an idea of the wait time for the interview date (for our category) and I was figuring (I guess incorrectly!)that it would be about 2-4 weeks. Should I be worried?

As it is now, what's the wait time looking like?

Thanks!

What is the priority date & country ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

if I understand you that is the F1 visa category. the reason you are not getting an interview date is because your wait time is approx 8years. right now the PD they are attending to is 15 Oct 2004.:yes:

For family sponsored preference categories, NVC completes the case and holds unto it until a visa number becomes available when the Priority Date approaches take a look at the visa bulletin:

http://www.travel.st...letin_5630.html

First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, plus any unused first preference numbers:

A. (F2A) Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents: 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: (F3) Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: (F4) Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)

Family-SponsoredAll Chargeability Areas Except Those ListedCHINA-mainland bornINDIAMEXICOPHILIPPINESF115OCT0415OCT0415OCT0415APR9315APR97F2A22APR0922APR0922APR0922MAR0922APR09F2B08SEP0308SEP0308SEP0301DEC9201SEP01F301NOV0101NOV0101NOV0122DEC9215JUL92F415AUG0015AUG0015AUG0008MAY9608OCT88

Edited by ndu26

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

bear in mind if she gets married during this wait time she moves to F3 category which has an even longer time right now PD is 2001

CR-1 (for Husband):
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
NVC stage ( 20 days)

USCIS (22days)

Timeline

bear in mind if she gets married during this wait time she moves to F3 category which has an even longer time right now PD is 2001

Sorry, yes it's F1. Our PD is August 2007 for China. We opted in for Electronic processing. I see by the bulletin that they are doing October 2004.

I've been reading (and getting posts on other websites) that it should be 2-4 weeks to get an interview package and interview date after sending in the DS-230 and I-864. Why am I confusing those people with our case? (silly question maybe!)

Thanks!

Timeline

When did you get notification from NVC to submit DS-230 and I-864 ?

It was October of 2010. It took us a while to gather all of the material but it was all submitted this year in the fall. We had an RFE (nothing special)) and then got the case complete on 10-20-2011.

Timeline

so you have like 3years of waiting...not so long now

Edited by ndu26

CR-1 (for Husband):
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
NVC stage ( 20 days)

USCIS (22days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I dunno - you don't get to play at NVC unless a Visa Number is available.

Perhaps you got hit with a Retrogression?

Suggest you call NVC on Wednesday, talk with a supervisor, see what's up.

A Supervisor can tell you exactly what's going on with the casefile - the first tele-operator that you speak with? not so much.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I dunno - you don't get to play at NVC unless a Visa Number is available.

Perhaps you got hit with a Retrogression?

Suggest you call NVC on Wednesday, talk with a supervisor, see what's up.

A Supervisor can tell you exactly what's going on with the casefile - the first tele-operator that you speak with? not so much.

O.K. thanks, I'll do that and also some research on retrogression.

Timeline

Sorry, yes it's F1. Our PD is August 2007 for China. We opted in for Electronic processing. I see by the bulletin that they are doing October 2004.

I've been reading (and getting posts on other websites) that it should be 2-4 weeks to get an interview package and interview date after sending in the DS-230 and I-864. Why am I confusing those people with our case? (silly question maybe!)

Thanks!

Alrighty - 2 calendars at play here.

1. Calendar for waiting for PD to become current - you wait after the I-130 is approved, prior to NVC movement. Casefile gets sent to storage after it leaves USCIS.

2. NVC Processing Calendar - as long as you are sending things in on some timely basis, you have about a year at NVC to get all in.

IMO, you got hit with the Retrogression - the casefile already made it into NVC , NVC processing was done, Retrogression came down.

I am unsure how long you wait now, but ..

You really should call into NVC, get a Supervisor, see what's what, ask about the Retrogression for this casefile, ask why it's not been scheduled for interview at GUZ IV.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

For F1 with PD Aug-2007 the wait time might be 2-3 more years. But no one can know for sure. Check the links on my signature for other F1 users waiting for their priority dates to become current. Definitely give NVC a call, you've got nothing to lose. Good luck!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

ya, see, this was the weird thing. PDs were moved up, his casefile 'caught it' and things started moving into NVC, more action AT NVC, heck it was even completed. PDs move up by country, so please not think it's 'overall' - as it's not - there was a batch of unused, unallocated visa numbers for China, caught in an audit in 2009 (IIRC) and things started moving fast for China, for about 18 months. Then the country-wide retrogression hit, affecting all, not just China.

Now then, in the middle of HIS NVC processing on the casefile, the retrogression hit. No one at NVC really has explained that to him, he's just in a holding pattern, a deep sink, with no explanation.

I'm of the opinion that his casefile was caught in the middle of the retrogression, but somehow he was allowed to complete it. We won't know more, for certain, until he reports back here, after talking with a supervisor. Don't rely on the PD being gospel on 'that web site', ever.

Timeline

I spoke to two people about this at the NVC today. One was the "Supervisor" (more about my quotes later). They both said pretty much the same thing. In so many words the idea is that at the time (10-2010) when we were asked to move forward by submitting the DS-230 and I-864 and paying the fees there was projected to be a visa # available for us. However at some point later there was a "retrogression" (they agreed that yes, that was the correct term) in which because of the inconsistent monthly movement of available visa #'s and matching recipients, by the time our case was "completed" (known via an email on 10-20-2011)a visa # was now not projected to be available.

I guess there may be a couple of appropriate analogies here: overbooking of a flight, an "out of stock" on a particular product, or just difficulty keeping a line moving at a predictable pace. In any case, the takeaway points from the conversation were that the NVC would not give any firm information on when (other than using our PD of mid-2007) a visa # would become available. The oft repeated line was, "Look at your PD and our monthly bulletin". There was a slight implication that we would not fall to the back of the line (my words here)but are on a list waiting for the next available #. How accurate that is and what we can gather from that is not clear. We may indeed be waiting three months or three years from what I got from them today.

About my quotes...After I spoke to the first person for a while I then asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for a moment, then they came back on and said, "O.K. Sir, I'm connecting you with a "supervisor." The way they said the word "supervisor" was with a bit of sarcasm which made it seem like they were just looking at the person sitting at the next desk over, not a supervisor but another operator. All in all though I would say that they were as friendly and helpful as they could be but as I said, wouldn't make any commitments either way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.