rmash

Medical ?? Do we need Vaccinations?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife came over on a K3 visa, we applied for AOS and now we have an interview date of Oct 31st.

The K3 required that she take a medical, blood test and X-ray but Im not sure about vaccinations.

When we had the interview overseas, they took the medical papers there. The only thing they left us with was the chest X-Ray.

so now my question does my wife need to do a new medical, and also do the vaccinations?

we have an AOS interview on oct 31st. They sent us papers along with the interview date and those papers say that we need to bring in the medical papers ( unless already submitted ). Are these the same papers that the office overseas took from us. Does anyone know please help.

Thanks

Rmash.

Edited by rmash

Timeline

so we need to the Vaccinations now. Do you have any idea how long these vaccinations will take. like i said our interview is on the 31st of october, do you think that we can get the vaccinations done before this date.

thank you

rmash

The I-693 is the full medical. You don't need that. You need the supplemental to form I-693. Civil Surgeons have the form.

-----------------------------------------

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

2. Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you, this helps a lot, but do you think we can finish all the neccesary vaccinations before oct 31st?

Was your wife given anything at her medical in her country in regards to the vaccinations ?? And were her vaccinations up to date as required from immigration ... If you have some sort of proof that she has the required vaccinations then all you need to do is bring that info to one of the approved physicians in your area ... If she doesn't have the proof then one of the approved physicians would have to do the required tests and vaccinations ...

I would say that you should be able to get the vaccinations done before Oct 31 but I would start looking into now and get the ball rolling ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Timeline

see, i am not really sure that when she was overseas she had the vaccinations done. she says they gave her only one shoot and took some blood. i know she had the medical done and the x-rays but i have no idea on the vaccs. they were all sealed in that brown package. i am thinking that she did not get the vaccs done because she only got one shoot and i guess vaccinations are like 3 or four shoots right.

just a guess

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
see, i am not really sure that when she was overseas she had the vaccinations done. she says they gave her only one shoot and took some blood. i know she had the medical done and the x-rays but i have no idea on the vaccs. they were all sealed in that brown package. i am thinking that she did not get the vaccs done because she only got one shoot and i guess vaccinations are like 3 or four shoots right.

just a guess

The doctor that I went to Canada actually gave my a form and told me that I may need this for medical reason in Canada or in the US ... the paper indicates which vaccinations I was good for ... It said on the top "good for Canada only" but this is what I brought to the approved physician here in the US and they filled out the suppliment for me ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Yes you can have your vaccination supplement done by the 31 October. I have just phone up for an appointment and was given one for 3pm Monday. Just to bring my Passort and record of all Vaccination .My AOS Interview is also on the 31 October. So there is time.

Kath.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
This is a question that keeps bugging me. How do you get a copy of the vaccination supplement when they have sealed it inside the brown envelope? If the medical is still valid and in that envelope, why wouldn't the vaccination supplement be valid also? *scratching head* :blink:

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! It doesn't make any sense. Everything is in that darn envelope. I'm having the same problem. Has anyone experienced this before and was able to use the vaccination supplement from the envelope?

AOS

12/19/06 AOS and EAD applications recieved at Chicago office

12/22/06 file sent to CSC

2/14/07 touched

3/2/07 touched

3/5/07 touched

3/13/07 file sent back to MSC

3/14/07 touched

3/21/07 touched

3/23/07 touched

6/06/07 Interview

6/18/07 Notified through email that card was ordered

6/26/07 Recieved card in the mail TODAY!!!!!!!

EAD

3/20/07 EAD touched

3/22/07 recieved email that card has been ordered.

3/26/07 EAD card recieved in the mail.

This is a question that keeps bugging me. How do you get a copy of the vaccination supplement when they have sealed it inside the brown envelope? If the medical is still valid and in that envelope, why wouldn't the vaccination supplement be valid also? *scratching head* :blink:

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking! It doesn't make any sense. Everything is in that darn envelope. I'm having the same problem. Has anyone experienced this before and was able to use the vaccination supplement from the envelope?

It's not in that envelope you get at the foreign embassy. The vaccination supplement you get from a civil surgeon in the US not a doctor overseas. Some people get a vaccination worksheet at their overseas physical.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

I just spoke to the civil surgeon and he explained to me that if my wife would have gotten the vaccinations done at the overseas country, the doctor there would have given her a seperate copy of the supplament form.

I also told him that my wife was pregnant and he told me that she would be exempt from having those vaccination shoots. He would just need to fill out the supplement form for the I-693 and we are all set.

Thank you for the help

rmash

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.