suntrustt

15/12/2011 - APPROVED!

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time comming but it is finally here! My embassy experience/review! I tried to make it indepth for people who are worried about this experience so I also sectioned it, feel free to read what parts you want/need! :) And if anyone has any questiosn feel free to send me a message

The Journey

I live in Dorset which is 2 hours south of London so drove up the night of the 14th and stayed in a hotel just outside of London. As much as I tried to get some sleep I couldnt for obvious reasons! Going over in my head questions they may ask, checking through our folder making sure everything is there! At 4:30am I got ready and headed to the train station, caught the train into London and a tube to bond street, from there it was about a 15 min walk.

Gould's Pharmacy

When I arrived to the front of the Embassy there were 2 lines to get through security they both seem'd small. I asked once of the guards/police where I could find the pharmacy and they pointed just up the road, so after about a min walk I got there. You are greeted by an employee on entering and they ask what you need to store, tell you the rules, the price etc.. All I had to store was my phone (£3) and I recieved a number to hand back when I returned.

Entering The Embassy

Back at the Embassy I got into the Visa line at around 7:45 (My appointment was at 9), showed my Letter/Recipt and Passport and continued on in the line. About 5 mins later I again showed my Letter/Recipt and Passport to another person who put lead me into the 4 person line to security. I was at the front of the 4 person line, they let you into a little hut and you put all your items such as the folder, bags, pens anything you have on you into trays just like at the airport, although you can keep your jackets and shoes on! You then step through a metal detector and thats, that. Follow the "Visa" signs, walk up the stairs and head into reception. Showed my Letter/Recipt and Passport one more time and got a sticker, I903, meaning I was 3rd in line for K1!

Waiting/Interview Part 1

I sat down near to the screens that show which number is being called, they were not yet on. I had to termine time myself as I assumed the embassy would have a clock, I was wrong. Aftey what felt like 20 mins the screens came on and the numbers numbers began to be called, it seemd to be moving pretty fast but it was mostly N numbers. From N1 to N17 and that is around the time the first I number was called. After around 30 more mins I was called to window 13! Which is a silly way kind of worried me, 13 Being unlucky!

I was greeted by a very nice english women, who asked me who filed for the Visa and who is this person to me (obviously my Fiancee)! She replied with "Thats what I wanted to hear" and smiled, already from this alot of my nerves were gone. She started asking for papers one by one when we got to the I-134 I told her we had co-sponsors as Tessa works only part time and goes to College. She told me aslong as she works the Co-Sponsors wont be needed, which shocked me as the income without co-sponsors was extremly below poverty level. I told her I had a bank statment from my own savings as well and she said that would help and took it. She asked for an employee letter which we did not have I explained to her that my Fiancee's company said you would have to go for corprate to obtain one and she agree'd with us it sounded like a stupid system, so the evidence we had was enough! She explained to me that the paper work is fine and to sit back down and wait for my interview which would be at window 15 or 16.

Waiting/Interview Part 2

This wait seemd to take alot longer than the first, by the time My number I903 was called for the second time N127 was already being seen and I909 for the K1.

I arrived at window 15 and was greeted by a middleaged American man, he seemd nice enough and started with questions such as my Fiancee's name, what she does, where we met. He done told me that the income did not look good enough for us to live off as a family, I told him we do have co-sponsors but I was not told to present them at the last window. He asked if he could see the I-134's for these co-sponsors, I showed him both (Yes we had 2 Co-Sponsors!). He asked me if I thought this income would be enough for us to live off and I told him I was sure of it and have stayed in the household for the summer for 3 months with no problem. He looked down at the paper work for a couple of seconds and said "Well everything looks fine I am happy to approve your visa". I was so shocked to hear that after all this time, it really meant the world to me! I thanked him and went to pay for the courier!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats! Enjoy USA!!

And Please edit your timeline in your profile so others can see your entire journey and the data will flow to the Portal.

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Congrats :)

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.