Alex+R

emergency wisdom teeth removal and canceled travel plans

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was getting ready to fly to Buenos Aires to see my lovely boyfriend when I had a huge amount of pain in my tooth. I called my dentist, who had me come in at 10 this morning and said I had some horrible creeping bacterial infection on the verge of destroying my life on all my wisdom teeth, which were emerging sans invitation.

In May my dentist said I had a while before I needed to get them removed. Like, when I had, say, insurance.

But now I have to have it done tomorrow at 7:15 a.m. and the soonest I could get a ticket to Bs As arrives Monday, cutting our trip in half. Luckily Rey could also change his ticket.

I called my mom to ask her to pick me up tomorrow from surgery, and she refused, saying she was too busy with other stuff and three hours was too long to wait. So she was the only person I know in town who won't be working.... if you live anywhere Eden Prairie, Minnesota, help a brother out. The surgeon won't let me take a taxi. :(

Can you get over this surgery in like two days?

--end rant--

Filed: Timeline

It probably depends on the person. I had my wisdom teeth cut out, all four at the same time. I was out of it completely the day of and then partially out of it for 3 days after that. I couldn't eat real food for a week and a half after the surgery. I certainly wouldn't suggest going on a long trip right after surgery but you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope it goes well for you and you don't have any complications, like dry socket. Good luck on your trip.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

Ohhhhh damn.

The dentist said that if dry socket is going to appear it will do so in the first 48 hours. So I hope that's true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It depends...if you have to get stitches, sometimes you have to come back and get them removed, I'm not sure how soon though. I didn't have stitches.

But after the surgery I recovered fast, they gave me pain meds and antibiotics. I couldn't do really anything the first day (I was a lil out of it), but the next day I was fine....your gonna spit blood for a day or two but using warm salt water really helps.

I had two of my wisdom teeth taken out at one time, and shortly after that I was off to Jamaica.

I hope you can get things sorted out with the ride situation.

Good Luck on you surgery

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Best of luck! Each person is different. I had 2 removed at once and was fine the next day. The infection may complicate things.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Alex, you poor thing. If you were in NYC, I'd help you out in a second. (BTW when are you

moving here, if at all?)

Take a deep breath and try to deal with one thing at a time. Sort out your teeth, change the

tickets and enjoy the rest of your vacation. Don't worry about the RFE -- you have 90 days

to deal with it and you can do it when you get back. It's probably something silly anyway,

like a photocopy of his passport or your birth certificate or dated photos. (Those are the

things they requested in my K-1 RFE.)

Don't worry and good luck!

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Hey! Maybe the RFE will come before Sunday! There's the silver lining! :)

I AM moving to New York, goddammit! I'm moving when I get back from Greece, as soon as I can find a job. (Back from Greece Nov. 12). Unless I am so broke that I need a few more months of work down here. Trouble being I'd have to find a new job here anyway...

The dentist said I'm healthy, the teeth are healthy (minus the gum infection), and at my age a full recovery should be made in less than three days. So let's hope she was right.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I was getting ready to fly to Buenos Aires to see my lovely boyfriend when I had a huge amount of pain in my tooth. I called my dentist, who had me come in at 10 this morning and said I had some horrible creeping bacterial infection on the verge of destroying my life on all my wisdom teeth, which were emerging sans invitation.

In May my dentist said I had a while before I needed to get them removed. Like, when I had, say, insurance.

But now I have to have it done tomorrow at 7:15 a.m. and the soonest I could get a ticket to Bs As arrives Monday, cutting our trip in half. Luckily Rey could also change his ticket.

I called my mom to ask her to pick me up tomorrow from surgery, and she refused, saying she was too busy with other stuff and three hours was too long to wait. So she was the only person I know in town who won't be working.... if you live anywhere Eden Prairie, Minnesota, help a brother out. The surgeon won't let me take a taxi. :(

Can you get over this surgery in like two days?

--end rant--

well #######, alex! :ranting:

hopefully you'll not have issues like i had when my wisdom teeth were removed. my lower ones had to be quartered with the drill and removed. and i had fragments that worked their way out for several months afterwards (wonderful army dentists can't insure everything is out afterwards....)

i'd say you probably could get over the surgery in 2 days, just nag the dentist about making sure they get all fragments if they have to quarter or half the lower teeth to get them out.

and i do hope that "...help a brother out" is an old saying and not a fact :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey! Maybe the RFE will come before Sunday! There's the silver lining! :)

Hopefully you'll get it before Sunday -- it's important to know what they want

in case you need to submit more evidence (even if you don't get it by Sunday,

it's probably a good idea to gather more evidence anyway -- take "dated"

pictures, keep the tickets and boarding passes, hotel / BnB receipts, etc)

I AM moving to New York, goddammit! I'm moving when I get back from Greece, as soon as I can find a job. (Back from Greece Nov. 12). Unless I am so broke that I need a few more months of work down here. Trouble being I'd have to find a new job here anyway...

Good to hear you're still planning to move here. If I were you, I'd just move

and start looking for a job here instead of MN. It would be a shame to find

a good job in MN only to give it up a few months later.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Had my top ones out, no stitches. They gave me antibiotics for potential infection. It healed rather quickly, I was really out of commission for one day. I did some saline rinses afterwards which seemed to help out quite a bit. The healing time may depend on how the teeth are situated and whether or not there is a prior infection. I also had a very good oral surgeon. Hope it goes smoothly!

I recovered from the wisdom teeth removal fast but I was slightly out of mind on the pain medication (high doses of codeine).

I hope you find someone to give you a ride, you'll really need it -- I'd do it myself if I wasn't in LA

90day.jpg

Timeline
I recovered from the wisdom teeth removal fast but I was slightly out of mind on the pain medication (high doses of codeine).

I hope you find someone to give you a ride, you'll really need it -- I'd do it myself if I wasn't in LA

Ah, nice, my mother has just rearranged her life to take me. I think she felt guilty for yelling at me when I called to ask.

See, now, this is why a LDR is just so inconvenient.

Oh you poor thing :(

I had to have one of my wisdom teeth removed as an emergency as it was badly infected like yours. I ahd to go under general anaesthetic for it though, as it was lying close to the bone or something- I dont remember.

I was suffering for about a week afterwards- couldnt eat, lots of pain etc. and then had to go back to have the stiches removed.

As yours is infected, from personal experience, I really wouldnt suggest travel soon afterwards! But like others have said, it depends on the person.....

Good luck! :thumbs:

Timeline
Oh you poor thing :(

I had to have one of my wisdom teeth removed as an emergency as it was badly infected like yours. I ahd to go under general anaesthetic for it though, as it was lying close to the bone or something- I dont remember.

I was suffering for about a week afterwards- couldnt eat, lots of pain etc. and then had to go back to have the stiches removed.

As yours is infected, from personal experience, I really wouldnt suggest travel soon afterwards! But like others have said, it depends on the person.....

Good luck! :thumbs:

Oh, goodness, I'm sorry that happened to you! Well, they said they thought I'd be fine, although I'm worried that tomorrow when I meet the surgeon he'll be saying something else...

I figured it was better to book the new ticket and find out I couldn't use it and have to change it again than want a new ticket and find out there were none left. Stupid Frequent Flyer Miles tickets, and all.

The dentist said no stitches, but we'll see what the surgeon says tomorrow...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ah, nice, my mother has just rearranged her life to take me. I think she felt guilty for yelling at me when I called to ask.

See, now, this is why a LDR is just so inconvenient.

um, tell mom sorry about 60 minutes and time coming to see her, thanks to me calling them about her refusing to help you :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!