ronluvme

money or income not enough

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello folks,good morning!!!

This question isn't for me its for my girlfrend on manila who is preparing her papers for interviw.

1.she figured out that her fiance's income and money to his bank accnt isn't enough to reach the minimum on required base on affidavit of sopport,they dony hire visa service nor a lawyer her question is is usembassy accept a co sponsor????during ther interview.he need atleast 12,000 to reach the required income.her fiance was thinking to barrow some money to his friend and dep.it to his bank accnt.will this work?he is. Retired veterance.please somebody has the same situation can share their experience,or somebdy that know the answe much appreciated and hey I introduce her this website..soon she will join the forum..thank you folks

She will have interview in manila embassy

Filed: Country:
Timeline

When using assets to cover an income shortfall they're going to want to see that the money has been in the account for a while. Borrowing and recently depositing the money won't work. Also if he has an unusually large amount of money in savings compared to his income they could ask for proof of the source of the funds.

The AOS for K-1 approval is the least of their concerns, if she gets here then in order to Adjust Status they'll need to file a stronger (legally binding) AOS (I-864) with the I-485.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hello folks,good morning!!!

This question isn't for me its for my girlfrend on manila who is preparing her papers for interviw.

1.she figured out that her fiance's income and money to his bank accnt isn't enough to reach the minimum on required base on affidavit of sopport,they dony hire visa service nor a lawyer her question is is usembassy accept a co sponsor????during ther interview.he need atleast 12,000 to reach the required income.her fiance was thinking to barrow some money to his friend and dep.it to his bank accnt.will this work?he is. Retired veterance.please somebody has the same situation can share their experience,or somebdy that know the answe much appreciated and hey I introduce her this website..soon she will join the forum..thank you folks

She will have interview in manila embassy

hey there!

I just had my interview today and was told i was missing my fiance's tax return for the previous year or any other document that proves he's capable of supporting me once i move to the us, all i had was the filled I-134.

The ladie who conducted the interview was nice enough to advise me (after she looked at his income) to find a co-sponsor just to be sure, since my fiance doesnt meet the requirements of income, and that's a good way to get your visa denied.

So to answer your question, yes, your friend CAN have a co-sponsor.As for the money borrowing, not the best way to go about it, the co-sponsor is by far her BEST OPTION!!

you can read more about sponsors and co-sponsors here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/support

Oct 2009 Met online
Freb 2010 Proposal!!tongue.png
January 14th 2011 Visit to the US
May 22nd 2011 I-129F sent!
August 22nd 2011 NO2 received!!
September 2011 Stephan meets the parents smile.png
December 6th 2011- Interview date set for December 15th (WOOT!)

December 30 2011 APPROVED!!!!

January 4th 2012- Visa received smile.png

June 11 2012 Entered US

August 13 2012 heart.gif MARRIED heart.gif

Adjustment of Status

June 19th 2013- Mailed AOS/AP/EA

July 2nd 2013- NOA1 received

July 8th 2013- Appointment notice for biometrics

July 19th 2013- Biometrics appointment

July 29th 2013- USCIS status from Initial Review to Request for Evidence (I-485)

July 31st 2013- RFE received in the mail

August 9th 2013- RFE reply sent by mail

Augist 29th 2013- I-765 status changed from Initial Review to Card Production

September 9th 2013- EAD/AP card received by mail

October 21st 2013- GC APPROVED!

November 4th 2013- GC received

September 26th 2015- Mailed I-751

October 1st 2015- NOA1 received

October 19th 2015- Appointment notice for biometrics

October 30th 2015- Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks bob for your reply,what is their option to be able to satisfy the required income,he isnt not working now he is digging gold in the mountain and taking care of his ill mom.the house that he is living right now is ownef by jis mother(soon will be for him when his mom go to heaven lol)he got money frm hus retirements.that is his income using for his daily living plus to send money to his girl..her interview is on jan first week and she is sure that she won't the visa due to financial probs,what do think bro?what is the option she has?wil co sponsor wil work???

Thanks a lot

Timeline

Manila Embassy can be rough when it comes to cosponsors. Anyone who went through a different Embassy shouldn't be replying here because this is one of those "Embassy Specific" areas.

The ideal situation is a college student or recent graduate who is just beginning a career as they are confident that there will be income and it will be on the rise.

The situation you described will probably have a more difficult time with a cosponsor but that doesn't mean it's not doable. The best cosponsor is a close relative like parent or sibling.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey there!

I just had my interview today and was told i was missing my fiance's tax return for the previous year or any other document that proves he's capable of supporting me once i move to the us, all i had was the filled I-134.

The ladie who conducted the interview was nice enough to advise me (after she looked at his income) to find a co-sponsor just to be sure, since my fiance doesnt meet the requirements of income, and that's a good way to get your visa denied.

So to answer your question, yes, your friend CAN have a co-sponsor.As for the money borrowing, not the best way to go about it, the co-sponsor is by far her BEST OPTION!!

you can read more about sponsors and co-sponsors here:

http://www.visajourn...content/support

Depends on the country. So the answer is maybe... :wacko:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The U.S. Embassy Manila accepts joint sponsors for K-1ers only on a case-by-case basis. However, your girlfriend and her fiancé have a difficult case because her fiancé's income is so far below 125% of the poverty line for their household size.

I also don't think it would help their case if he borrowed cash to pad his bank account. He needs to have his own liquid assets to make up for the shortfall in income.

If I were in his shoes, I would:

> Attend the interview in order to present his best financial case to the consular officer. He needs to show the consular officer with a degree of certainly how he plans on supporting his fiancée and how she will not become a public charge when she is in the U.S.

> Attempt to submit a joint sponsor's I-134 and I-864 to the consular officer. I've seen this work before. By submitting a joint sponsor's I-864, it shows the consular officer that the fiancée will be able to adjust her status after she marries and files for adjustment of status. The I-864 is the affidavit of support K-1ers use when they adjust their status. A joint sponsor is allowed when filing an I-864 for adjusting status.

> Get a job in order to show the consular officer an increased sustained income.

> Have a backup plan of getting married in the Philippines if the K-1 is denied. If they get married in the Philippines, he can file for a spousal visa which goes through the NVC. The NVC accepts joint sponsors.

Timeline
> Have a backup plan of getting married in the Philippines if the K-1 is denied. If they get married in the Philippines, he can file for a spousal visa which goes through the NVC. The NVC accepts joint sponsors.

Actually, the NVC only reviews the documents for completeness. The USEM can refuse to accept a Co-Sponsor for a CR-1 just as easily as for a K-1.

Actually, the NVC only reviews the documents for completeness. The USEM can refuse to accept a Co-Sponsor for a CR-1 just as easily as for a K-1.

Thanks, Bob. I didn't now that. Does ii happen often?

Timeline
Thanks, Bob. I didn't now that. Does it happen often?

I've only heard of a few times that the NVC let something through and the Embassy wanted more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.