onyxrev

Considering abandoning our 129F

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
WEll. We're on a thread complaining about the wait for a K-1 to be approved. This person has already fioled a K-1 - doesn't want to wait...he says he has a tourist visa and they'd get married...

if that's not intent, I don't know what is...and that was my point. This pesron would CLEARLY be using a tourist visa to come get married.....

I think you might be confused. The OP (original poster) didn't say anything about a tourist visa. That was E&K mentioning the options and it was also E&K who just affirmed that the reason they did not chose that option is the exact reasons already mentioned.

Edited by Arazia

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'd hang in there a little longer, some people have waited as much or even more as you have, but things turn out fine in the end. Have faith in your love and hang in there! :thumbs:

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You know Onyx, I think I have a pretty good idea of how you feel :yes: We are in the same boat, except we are in the section where the water is a little bit higher already (No IMBRA RFE) :P

We've also been told by one congressman office and by the person/officer/phone operator at the 1-800 line that our NOA1 at CSC is June 15th, the day they received it from Nebraska, and to wait 6 months from that time. And since we're seeing that even June filers are getting their RFE's already and we are officially skipped in their processing times, we have also been thinking about canceling the current I129F. We really don't think we have invested any time on it since they haven't really done any work on it so far- it has really been a waste of time, effort and money; so we were considering either one of these options: 1)Re-Apply so maybe the second will go faster since it will be with the new form, 2) Get married and apply for a K3, or 3) Get married and go straight for the AOS-I have a tourist visa.

The first two options would most likely need a waiver for the second I129F submitted in the same year, and this- at least in Mexico- I think would take some time to get, have you consider this extra time too? PLUS K3 takes way longer and you'd be married but apart - I think I would feel even worse this way; and the third option is of course the fastest but the riskiest and we would only consider it as plan C, this really should have been our first option to begin with BUT we thought K1 was the right thing to do at the time :bonk:

So really Option 1 seems to be the best so far for us, but we'll give another chance to our senator this week and go from there.

Even with all the time that you have waited- believe me I know how frustrating it is, I agree with the people that say that your best option is still to wait a little bit more. They have your RFE, so your have a ticket to play and get your NOA2 already! And as TomYu says, you have good chances of getting approved in October, even with a June NOA1! We'd give ANYTHING to have that chance :yes:

Don't give up!

Good luck!!!!

Awwww... this is all true. And you're right. They won't touch your case but, if you were to hop on AOS right now, they'd pull out your petition right away. :dead:

I'm really sorry you're in an even worse boat than us. It sucks big time. I've been trying to get my motivation up again for a media campaign. I sent a letter to a local muckraking rag. I hope to get some newspapers and maybe TV stations involved soon. And I plan on following through even if we do get approved.

I just can't believe this stuff happens so regularly. I have never been a patriotic person, so to speak, but these sorts of things really make me feel like my country is letting me down (along with a myriad of other reasons that are off-topic).

Dan & Sheryl (Twin Cities, MN and Calgary, AB Canada)

Feb 29 2004 - Met on LiveJournal.com

July 25 2005 - Things start to get 'romantic'

Nov 11 2005 - Met in person

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

March 6 2006 - I-129F sent

March 9 2006 - I-129F NOA1

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 3 2006 - IMBRA RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

July 10 2006 - RFE received

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 20 2006 - Called DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all my investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Oct 24 2006 - FINALLY APPROVED!

Jan 18 2007 - Interview in Vancouver / K-1 received

Jan 23 2007 - Sheryl enters the US with me

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

You are so closeee be patient be sure youll get your noa2 soon ...this long wait its a prove and dont get crazy thinking in make this over and begin a k3 cause that takes time too and now your k1 process is in a good way ..my advice is dont be all day looking your case and relax , talk with your couple, enjoy each moment and youll see time go fast ....GOOD LUCK !

jacquie

june 13, 2006: Noa1

sept 20, 2006: touched finallyyy

sept 26, 2006: touched rfe in email

sept 27, 2006: touched again

octob 13, 2006: rfe in mail

octob 16, 2006: rfe sent

november 2, 2006: touched

november 8, 2006: touched

november 9, 2006: touched

december 15, 2006: touched finally confirmation email they received my rfe

december 16, 2006: touched

december 20, 2006: touched

january 9, 2007 : FINALLYYYY Noa2

january 15, 2007: arrived nvc paper with new code and telling they sent papers to Peru in january 5...something crazy because aproval was january 9 ...but well is in peru already .

january 20, 2007: received packet 3&4

january 24, 2007: sent packet 3

january 29, 2007: medical exam

february 22, 2007: enterview

february 27, 2007: visa in hand

AOS

july 26, 2007 sent papers to Chicago

july 27, 2007 papers received

august 22, 2007 noa

september 10, 2007 biometrics

october 1, 2007 case transfered to california

october 5, 2007 touched

october 7, 2007 touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Get married and go straight for the AOS-I have a tourist visa.
This is illegal, FYI.

Absolutely! They will see the K1 petition on file and big red flags will go up, visit, marry and AOS will surly get shot down. Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.