CarolineM

Recipe Question....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

When I was in Jamaica a few years back (Negril) I had the BEST pasta dish EVER. It was cork screw pasta with jerk in it somehow...I am DYING to make it but can't find a recipe ANYWHERE!!

ANyone here know of a place I could find it??? (The recipe)?

Thanks!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
When I was in Jamaica a few years back (Negril) I had the BEST pasta dish EVER. It was cork screw pasta with jerk in it somehow...I am DYING to make it but can't find a recipe ANYWHERE!!

ANyone here know of a place I could find it??? (The recipe)?

Thanks!

INGREDIENTS:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

2 teaspoons jerk paste

1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 clove garlic, minced

1 cup chicken stock

1 tablespoon jerk paste

1/2 cup dry white wine

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

2 limes, quartered

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

4 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

Rub each breast half with 1/2 teaspoon jerk paste, and place in a shallow dish. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

Preheat the grill for high heat. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the egg noodles 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.

Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the garlic for one minute. Mix in the chicken stock, 1 tablespoon jerk paste, white wine, chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in the heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.

Pour the cooked egg noodles into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Divide noodles onto 4 serving plates, and top with grilled chicken. Garnish each serving with a cilantro sprig and the juice of 1/4 lime.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Caribbean Chicken and Pasta Salad

225 g (8 oz) pasta noodles

Oil for rubbing chicken

725 g (1 1/2 lbs) boneless, skinless chicken breast

30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 tbsp) Caribbean jerk seasoning (see note)

250 ml (1 cup) thinly sliced red onion

1 large ripe mango or two small mangoes

1 sweet green pepper

500 ml (2 cups) cherry tomatoes

Dressing

50 ml ( 1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil

30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh lime juice

20 to 25 ml (4 to 5 tsp) Caribbean jerk seasoning (see note)

Salt and freshly ground pepper

Put on a large pot of salted water to boil. Preheat grill.

Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness. Rub with oil and sprinkle with 30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 tbsp) jerk seasoning.

Grill chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side over a medium heat or until cooked through (not pink), but still moist. Place in refrigerator to cool.

While chicken is cooling, add onions to a large bowl. Peel and chop mangoes. Thinly slice green pepper, and halve tomatoes if large. Add to bowl with onions.

To make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, lime juice and 20 to 25 ml (4 to 5 tsp) jerk seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions, stirring well. When it's al dente (firm yet tender), rinse in cold water until cool. Drain well and add to bowl of vegetables. Toss with half of the dressing.

Slice chicken into bite-size pieces and add to salad. Toss with remaining dressing. Season to taste and serve.

Makes 2.5 l (10 cups).

Note: Caribbean spice blends vary in heat, so taste the seasonings to determine your heat preference, especially for dressing.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Caribbean Chicken and Pasta Salad

225 g (8 oz) pasta noodles

Oil for rubbing chicken

725 g (1 1/2 lbs) boneless, skinless chicken breast

30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 tbsp) Caribbean jerk seasoning (see note)

250 ml (1 cup) thinly sliced red onion

1 large ripe mango or two small mangoes

1 sweet green pepper

500 ml (2 cups) cherry tomatoes

Dressing

50 ml ( 1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil

30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh lime juice

20 to 25 ml (4 to 5 tsp) Caribbean jerk seasoning (see note)

Salt and freshly ground pepper

Put on a large pot of salted water to boil. Preheat grill.

Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness. Rub with oil and sprinkle with 30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 tbsp) jerk seasoning.

Grill chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side over a medium heat or until cooked through (not pink), but still moist. Place in refrigerator to cool.

While chicken is cooling, add onions to a large bowl. Peel and chop mangoes. Thinly slice green pepper, and halve tomatoes if large. Add to bowl with onions.

To make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, lime juice and 20 to 25 ml (4 to 5 tsp) jerk seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions, stirring well. When it's al dente (firm yet tender), rinse in cold water until cool. Drain well and add to bowl of vegetables. Toss with half of the dressing.

Slice chicken into bite-size pieces and add to salad. Toss with remaining dressing. Season to taste and serve.

Makes 2.5 l (10 cups).

Note: Caribbean spice blends vary in heat, so taste the seasonings to determine your heat preference, especially for dressing.

lol... that is the same recipe that is on the link I posted :thumbs:

oops, I am all confused now with the two threads :blush:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Now I'm hungry!! Those recipes sound really good!! :yes:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.