MrsP2010

Flights and the British Winter

15 posts in this topic

I fly on Saturday and I'm petrified of what's going on outside. I don't want to be suspended in the air with all this wind and rain!! :blink:

Who else is flying soon? When are you booked for? My weather actually says there's only a 10% chance of rain, although it's barely going to be above freezing so I'm worried it might snow.

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

AHHH I fly to Europe tomorrow. That does not sound good. I have been very cozy in Cali weather. I wish you safe travels, you're almost there. :dance:

April 21st, 2011 - Civil union in the US

July 30th, 2011 - Wedding Ceremony in Paris with friends and family

-----Visa Journey-----

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: France

I-130 Sent: 2011-05-13

I-130 NOA1: 2011-05-18

I-130 NOA2: 2011-09-01

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC received case: 2011-09-12

Case # assigned : 2011-09-28

AOS Bill invoiced and Paid : 2011-09-30

DS-3032 Accepted: 2011-09-30

AOS Bill PAID: 2011-10-03

IV Bill invoiced and paid: 2011-10-03

AOS package sent: 2011-10-04

IV Bill PAID: 2011-10-05

IV Package sent: 2011-10-05

AOS Package Delivered : 2011-10-05

IV Package Delivered : 2011-10-06

AOS bill "PAID": 2011-10-07

I-864 reviewed NO RFEs: 2011-10-11

RFE "Birth Certificate not original or certified copy"...um... it is though: 2011-10-13

Birth Certificate to be under review by supervisor...waiting.....: 2011-10-13

IV bill "PAID": 2011-10-14

CASE COMPLETE!!!!! : 2011-10-19

Interview Date Assigned: 2011-11-02

Case sent out to Embassy: 2011-11-03

U.S. EMBASSY PARIS:

Medical: 2011-11-22 PASSED

Interview Date: 2011-12-21 APPROVED!!!!!!!

POE : 2011-12-31

SS card: 2012-1-10

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I fly on Saturday and I'm petrified of what's going on outside. I don't want to be suspended in the air with all this wind and rain!! :blink:

You'll be fine ... planes are built to be jostled about a bit :thumbs:

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I think you'll be a-okay!

I'm getting a little nervous about our flight out at the beginning of February. I keep telling GH as long as we make it into Boston okay I'll rent a car and barrel on through to Buffalo!! It's the right time of year (end of Jan beginning of Feb) for everything to go belly-up weather wise in the Buff. If we can just make it in on the 2nd, I don't care if all hell breaks loose on the 3rd (at least my folks have a generator) :) :)

So are you pretty much all packed and ready to go?? x

Timeline

AHHH I fly to Europe tomorrow. That does not sound good. I have been very cozy in Cali weather. I wish you safe travels, you're almost there. :dance:

How fabulous! Have a good flight!!

I'm getting a little nervous about our flight out at the beginning of February. I keep telling GH as long as we make it into Boston okay I'll rent a car and barrel on through to Buffalo!! It's the right time of year (end of Jan beginning of Feb) for everything to go belly-up weather wise in the Buff. If we can just make it in on the 2nd, I don't care if all hell breaks loose on the 3rd (at least my folks have a generator) :) :)

I'll be thinking of you, I'm sure it will be ok though. I've been thinking of placing a bet that it will snow, so either way I win.

Last lot of clothing is in the washing machine now, 3 cases almost packed up and one bit of hand luggage. I think I'll be prepared on time for once, rather than running late like I always do :lol:

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

They tend to fly above the weather so most of trip should be reasonable if it's not too icy to take off.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Who else is flying soon? When are you booked for? My weather actually says there's only a 10% chance of rain, although it's barely going to be above freezing so I'm worried it might snow.

[/quote

Have a safe journey! And you will be fine, this year has been good so far weather wise. :)

Hehe you are funny! Are you sure you won't be too tired to drive for 7 hours after the long flight? As long as you both are together nothing really matters. You will be coming home. One more thing, this week's forecast says that it will be high 40's. Jealous yet? Lol just teasing you. You have safe travels ahead too :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

F or C?

We will be lucky to get above freezing by April...

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

We have travelled between Boston and Edinburgh and Boston and London in Nove,Dec,Jane and Feb with no issues except for one christmas when David's plane was being de-iced and the moron driving the de-icer vehicle struck the plane's wing. He was delayed but still got here! You should be fine!

You might want to book a room at the Hilton at the airport and head to Buffalo in the morning! You guys will be exhausted!

Timeline

We have travelled between Boston and Edinburgh and Boston and London in Nove,Dec,Jane and Feb with no issues except for one christmas when David's plane was being de-iced and the moron driving the de-icer vehicle struck the plane's wing. He was delayed but still got here! You should be fine!

You might want to book a room at the Hilton at the airport and head to Buffalo in the morning! You guys will be exhausted!

Thanks so much!! I think I'm a little freaked out because Buffalo has had such a mild winter so far that people have been saying it's going to get really nasty around that time.

And wasn't it around that time last year that the East Coast went into meltdown?

Wouldn't mind being holed up in the Hilton though... :)

What do you think Maya? Are we in for a rough winter??

Thanks so much!! I think I'm a little freaked out because Buffalo has had such a mild winter so far that people have been saying it's going to get really nasty around that time.

And wasn't it around that time last year that the East Coast went into meltdown?

Wouldn't mind being holed up in the Hilton though... :)

What do you think Maya? Are we in for a rough winter??

That's actually not a bad idea to stay in a hotel if you get into Boston late. But if you are in by late afternoon I wouldn't mind the drive. Ofcourse we will have snow (prolly at least 6-8 inches) in Feb but I wouldn't be so freaked out. Remember, it is normal for us to drive in that much snow, make sure you rent a smaller SUV. You will be good to go. Keep us in your prayers girlfriend. Hubby is still hanging in AP, has been a week yesterday, it is very frustrating and driving us insane.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just think that you are on your way out of here...planes are safe enough to take the weather otherwise they would only fly on the sunny days and what would it be of us!! Get out of here Merry Xmas!! :dance:

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

DS-3032 emailed 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

DS-3032 Accepted 2012/07/24

IV paid 2012/07/25

IV/DS-230 sent 2012/07/26

RFE missing pay stubs 2012/08/03

Case completed 2012/08/16

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

221g (new co-sponsor and proof of domicile for my son) crazy stuff!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.