ucla_cutie26

POE-LOS ANGELES

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am never in this forum, I'm always in the k1 forum, but I thought I would post something here. Does anyone have any point of entry experiences going through LAX airport.

Also, if I go pick up my fiance (he's from Mexico) and come back with him, can I actually line up with him when he's going thru immigration? Or do we have to line up in separate lines? (you know how there's visitors lines and U.S. Citizen/Permanent resident lines) I was just curious.

Thanks

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you use the Immigration Timelines feature, you will find POE reviews at the bottom of the lists.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

I went through the LAX POE in April with my husband (he is the immigrant). The process was fairly speedy, but our flight arrived at 6 in the morning so that might be why. However, while they were processing his paperwork, they let us go get our luggage from the bagage claim and them go back to them and collect our passports and whatnot. Saved a lot of time, really. And yes, they should let you stand in the same line with your husband- they did it with us.

Claudeth came through LAX and the officer that processed her was very helpful and kind to her. It took her about 45 minutes from the time she departed the plane until she exited the customs area.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.