Karen_L

Suggestions needed

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I wrote lots of letters while we were seperated for 5 years. After he arrived, we obviously stopped with the late night phone calls and love letters. For our first anniversary, I wrote him a love letter about all the wonderful things that had happened in the past year and how thankful I am to have him by my side every day now. Then we did it :thumbs: Happy Anniversary :lol:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
UGH! Men are hard to shop for. My husband and I are coming upon our 2-year anniversary on Oct. 1st. Last year, we were apart on our anniversary AND I was at my old job, in a deli, slicing meat and cheese all day ... :( ... and we just talked, etc. This year I want to actually CELEBRATE the anniversary and I want to get him something nice (I think he's getting me a bracelet ;)) Anyway, the thing is that he doesn't really NEED anything and he's not really a man-jewelry type of guy; he wears his wedding ring and the watch I got him last Christmas, but I really don't think he would wear anything else. I know he wants an Mp3 player, BUT I want to get him a nice one with lots of memory and I think that would make a much better Christmas gift than anniversary gift (plus, if I get him that now I will have nothing to get him for Christmas). Also, we have most other electronic stuff and something like a portable DVD player would be totally useless to him and he just got a new cell phone upon his arrival to the US. AND he's working construction, so I couldn't get him like nice clothes or shoes because he will never have the chance to wear them. So, I'm like -- what do males like? Action figures? Toy guns? :help:

Any gift suggestions?

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
UGH! Men are hard to shop for. My husband and I are coming upon our 2-year anniversary on Oct. 1st. Last year, we were apart on our anniversary AND I was at my old job, in a deli, slicing meat and cheese all day ... :( ... and we just talked, etc. This year I want to actually CELEBRATE the anniversary and I want to get him something nice (I think he's getting me a bracelet ;)) Anyway, the thing is that he doesn't really NEED anything and he's not really a man-jewelry type of guy; he wears his wedding ring and the watch I got him last Christmas, but I really don't think he would wear anything else. I know he wants an Mp3 player, BUT I want to get him a nice one with lots of memory and I think that would make a much better Christmas gift than anniversary gift (plus, if I get him that now I will have nothing to get him for Christmas). Also, we have most other electronic stuff and something like a portable DVD player would be totally useless to him and he just got a new cell phone upon his arrival to the US. AND he's working construction, so I couldn't get him like nice clothes or shoes because he will never have the chance to wear them. So, I'm like -- what do males like? Action figures? Toy guns? :help:

Any gift suggestions?

Sex coupons. :thumbs:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any gift suggestions?

:no: Us guys HATE coupons...we can never find them when the cashier asks for them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:no: Us guys HATE coupons...we can never find them when the cashier asks for them.

save them up for double coupon day :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

for our first anniversary I made my hubby love coupons and then I also thought up all the different things I love about my hubby and printed them onto paper and cut them out and glued them to coloured paper.... I then filled a little box with those and some Hershey Kisses and Hugs.... He loved it :thumbs:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Hmm, I won't speak for all guys and make a stereotype, but gadgets are usually good. Paul skis so I bought him the swissarmy knife for skiing, ice climbing, etc - The Altimeter one. It has temp, altitude, etc...he takes it skiing and it's also handy around the house. You can even get them engraved. I bought it right here: and the customer service, delivery, etc was excellent!

http://www.swissarmy.com/multitools/Catego...andleisure&

It's an idea...

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Any gift suggestions?

link

:lol:!! Steak and ####### Day is only four (4) days after my birthday. But honestly, that's probably all he wants for the anni anyway lol

Any gift suggestions?

See, this is why men need to carry purses. Hmm... maybe I'll get him a purse... and then sex coupons to put into the purse... !!!! :dance:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------