Kabigon

How long does NOA1 usually take?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone. I recently sent out my I-129F package to the NSC on 9/18. They received it on 9/20. I was wondering how long does it usually take for the NOA1 notice? I periodically check my email and mailbox like crazy (because I am paranoid!!! :whistle:). I am hoping I will receive it this week or so. Thanks!

Your petition is going to be forwarded to California who will process it and issue the NOA1. It's been taking a few weeks... get used to waiting, unfortunately.

Jen

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline
Your petition is going to be forwarded to California who will process it and issue the NOA1. It's been taking a few weeks... get used to waiting, unfortunately.

Jen

Ah, I see. How come they forward it to CSC instead? Much work load at the NSC? Also, after I receive my NOA1 in the mail, I can then setup an online account with the USCIS website then so I'll be notified through email later on too? Thanks.

Jen

Ah, I see. How come they forward it to CSC instead? Much work load at the NSC? Also, after I receive my NOA1 in the mail, I can then setup an online account with the USCIS website then so I'll be notified through email later on too? Thanks.

Texas and Nebraska petitions were consolidated with California starting back in April/May... to re-distribute visa types across the service centers. I keep wondering when they will update the addresses on the I-129F, but perhaps they're thinking that things will be switched back after the IMBRA workload settles down... no idea.

But yes... once you have your NOA1, you can sign up for email. See here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=300

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I sent my application to Texas and my NOA1 took about a week.

The USCIS website says my petition was accepted on the 18th of Sept but my NOA1 that I received in the mail is dated the 19th, so I guess the 19th it is.

Anyway, it was 8 days.

Yours is coming...

Good luck.

:yes:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
I sent my application to Texas and my NOA1 took about a week.

The USCIS website says my petition was accepted on the 18th of Sept but my NOA1 that I received in the mail is dated the 19th, so I guess the 19th it is.

Anyway, it was 8 days.

Yours is coming...

Good luck.

:yes:

Ah, quick question. So now that my package is going to be forwarded to the CSC. Does this mean from now on, CSC will take care of everything? Also, when estimating the dates between NOA1 & approval and other dates, should I look at the estimate for CSC now (because it has fowarded to over there now), or still look at the NSC estimated averages dates? Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

VSC recieved my application on 1 sep and I have not recieved an NOA1 not sure if I ever will or not. If all I get is a NOA2 I'll be happy but I know how you feel. Right now all I have proof of is that they took my money :wacko:

Kabigon,

CSC is handling your petition now. Therefore, use the CSC estimates, for what they are worth (in my opinion, not much value).

Bottom line, CSC is moving much faster these days, so don't get discouraged.

Ah, quick question. So now that my package is going to be forwarded to the CSC. Does this mean from now on, CSC will take care of everything? Also, when estimating the dates between NOA1 & approval and other dates, should I look at the estimate for CSC now (because it has fowarded to over there now), or still look at the NSC estimated averages dates? Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My NOA1 took 18 days...it'll come

Also William is right, the processing dates are worthless as tits on a porcupine...

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.