wee carrington

I am not a happy camper....

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well just off the phone there with DX a little while ago. Since I have not left my flat all day long waiting for the visa that was supposed to arrive between 8am and 6pm. Around 4:45 I checked the status again and it said "Courier Attempted". Which is false since I have been home all day long.

I rearranged delivery for tomorrow between 9am and 1pm and if they don't deliver between those times there will be problems.

First off, I had a sneaky suspicion that DX used subcontractors, which was confirmed to me twice tonight by DX. No 'official' driver or van, just some dude (or lady) that uses their own car and maybe drops things off. Unsettling to say the least when dealing with such sensitive documents.

BUT! I'm not saying you'll have a problem. Oh no, I've had this problem before several times with a company called Hermes. My suspicions are that for my area Hermes and DX are using the same subcontracted courier. It is so bad that I will not order from any company that uses Hermes because they just simply can not deliver the parcel, however, under these circumstances I don't have a choice not to use the company. If tomorrow at 1:01 that package is not in-hand I will make it my mission to find out who this subcontractor courier is.

Even more troubling, I found this on Gumtree: Dx-Secure-Require-Self-employed-multi-Drop-Couriers' in Glasgow in Drivers, Riders & Courier Jobs Contract type: All, Permanent, Temporary.... Nice.

Sorry, this was a "kind of" informative, definitely peeved post rant.

Edited by Mrs GH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

no worries u will surely get it tomorrow :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

no worries u will surely get it tomorrow :thumbs:

Thanks for your kind words of comfort :) I'm really hoping they will deliver tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

well thats kinda disturbing to think that your visa, passport, and who knows what other personal info is in that package could be delivered by... well just about anybody lol

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

These subcontractor types always makes me nervous. I had a passport sent to me in NZ, meant to be a signed for packet. Didn't arrived although it showed delivered when they checked it out.

It was delivered. The driver left in on the porch across the street, and down a few houses. Not sure how street number 15 could be mistaken for 29 but there you are. No one signed for it either. The Courier company told me to 'go over and get it' myself.' And even though it was dark by this time, and they had a big nasty looking dog, that is what I did. My packet was still lying on the porch, just out of reach of said chained up pit bull.

I raised holy old of course. In the end the driver admitted to not being able to read. They sacked him. The Canadian Consulate at Wellington changed courier companies. And I got to fly home on time.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

These subcontractor types always makes me nervous. I had a passport sent to me in NZ, meant to be a signed for packet. Didn't arrived although it showed delivered when they checked it out.

It was delivered. The driver left in on the porch across the street, and down a few houses. Not sure how street number 15 could be mistaken for 29 but there you are. No one signed for it either. The Courier company told me to 'go over and get it' myself.' And even though it was dark by this time, and they had a big nasty looking dog, that is what I did. My packet was still lying on the porch, just out of reach of said chained up pit bull.

I raised holy old of course. In the end the driver admitted to not being able to read. They sacked him. The Canadian Consulate at Wellington changed courier companies. And I got to fly home on time.

Whoa! That's a horror story! Yeah, like I said, if this doesn't get here tomorrow by 1pm I'm going on a crusade of sorts.

Whoa! That's a horror story! Yeah, like I said, if this doesn't get here tomorrow by 1pm I'm going on a crusade of sorts.

I sure hope it turns up on time...for their sake almost as much as yours :yes:

Timeline

well thats kinda disturbing to think that your visa, passport, and who knows what other personal info is in that package could be delivered by... well just about anybody lol

Hah. Yeah, I'll sleep easy tonight..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My local Fed Ex has the uniform, van etc, but he is a Contractor.

The local Post Office is a contractor, so is the guy who brings it up from Denver.

Never asked Mr Brown.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yay! Congrats!! What a mess though!!! Not cool!

Thanks! I just feel very relived that we've got everything safe and sound :)

Excellent! I was wondering if it had turned up before the time you were expecting it :) Thanks for letting us know!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The parcel came this morning. It's all good.

:thumbs:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This sounds awful....surely the Embassy ought to be using a decent courier service with secuirty form pick up to delivery. I'm frankly a little bit perturbed to read this, given how much the porcess costs us to GET the visa in time And money. Fingers crossed they'll actually deliver tomorrow. I'm sure they will if you've chased it up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.