Bad_Daddy

Male nurse fired over treating Muslim women

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

i sense 'standard of medical practice' is not what's at question, here.

But that's ok. Seriously - majority rule, in a local fashion, on this one.

Majority rule does not always mean just. It is a personal or community choice, if the hospital cannot fulfill it, they have no obligation whatsoever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Then here is the logicall question. I requested to see only the Budhist MD available that also speaks my language, becuase we share a lot in common. The hospital accomodated my request and set the appointment for me. What is your problem that you are against that service to be delivered. And to be clear the service is available quantatively.

I don't have a problem with you or anyone else wanting to feel comfortable with your medical care. What I do have a problem with is in circumstances in which it is REQUIRED that there be an MD available that speaks your language or when YOUR religious/cultural standards trump others using the same facility.

Here is the bottom line. When you are searching for a primary care physican, you are free to choose who will care for you in an office setting. You want a Dr. that speaks your language, fine. You want a Dr. of a particular sex, fine. BUT when you go to the hospital for treatment then your medical care should be the primary concern not accomodating your language/cultural/religious preference - UNLESS - you find a facility that was built with private dollars specifically to serve a segment of the population.

Majority rule does not always mean just. It is a personal or community choice, if the hospital cannot fulfill it, they have no obligation whatsoever.

Nor should they have an obgligation to fulfill it. Shouldn't the primary basis be about the level of treatment?

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Deport all of them back to a Muslim country and problem solved. No worries about getting the wrong nurse.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Deport all of them back to a Muslim country and problem solved. No worries about getting the wrong nurse.

Bad Why_Me, bad!!!

Deportation is not the issue. What IS, is that a segment of the US population wants/demands differing treatment than you or I would receive.

I don't have issue with Muslims practicing their religion, living in accordance with their beliefs or having thier wishes - just have an issue when the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Bad Why_Me, bad!!!

Deportation is not the issue. What IS, is that a segment of the US population wants/demands differing treatment than you or I would receive.

I don't have issue with Muslims practicing their religion, living in accordance with their beliefs or having thier wishes - just have an issue when the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

Give them an inch today and they will demand a mile tomorrow. No reason for the US to end up like the UK. As much as I hate my ex wife, I'm not into repressing women.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Bad Why_Me, bad!!!

Every religious society in America recieves certain services from their local hospitals even governors advocate for them.

And it is not a secret...so here let's not only blame one particular community otherwise our intelligence will limited.

Timeline

Every religious society in America recieves certain services from their local hospitals even governors advocate for them.

And it is not a secret...so here let's not only blame one particular community otherwise our intelligence will limited.

I'm not blaming anyone, and I have nothing against Muslims. My only issue is that if their religion predicates that a female nurse treats a female patient or a male nurse treats a male patient then I am sure a PRIVATE facility can be established to accomodate these needs.

Give them an inch today and they will demand a mile tomorrow. No reason for the US to end up like the UK. As much as I hate my ex wife, I'm not into repressing women.

Me thinks thou dost respond in jest...

Do you really begrudge Muslims for wanting care that is in accordance with their religion?

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

There is a line though right?? I mean lets take this hospital that has decided that male nurses need no apply and give them a couple more religions.. Say one that believes women should not be doctors and another that will not interact with blacks.. All three are equally stupid and prejudicial - two against gender and the other against race. Everyone is free to choose a doctor that is the gender, race, age, etc for whatever reason but when they force those changes on the community at large they are changing the cultural norms. You should be conforming to the cultural norms and not the other way around.

...and I don't care about how difficult anything is when it is a choice a person has made. If I choose to whack my head with a hammer each morning when I wake up I do not get to lecture others on how difficult it is to have a sore head.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

I'm not blaming anyone, and I have nothing against Muslims. My only issue is that if their religion predicates that a female nurse treats a female patient or a male nurse treats a male patient then I am sure a PRIVATE facility can be established to accomodate these needs.

az110965! So far the only intellectually speaking person is you in here. And also I am not defending muslims and offering them what does not belong to them. But here is the question. Let's your hospital serves a community of many backgrounds whatever you name in the US and you are the manager. Your nurses and MDs are proportionally to the population ethnic size. you are not the only hospital in the area at the same time. You got a request from a certain community that can contribute a financial capacity to your institution if and if you make some adjustments to your system without major cost to your institution utilizing your MDS and nurse you alread had.

Tell who is the manager who would not do that economically speaking........

Me thinks thou dost respond in jest...

Do you really begrudge Muslims for wanting care that is in accordance with their religion?

Timeline

There is a line though right?? I mean lets take this hospital that has decided that male nurses need no apply and give them a couple more religions.. Say one that believes women should not be doctors and another that will not interact with blacks.. All three are equally stupid and prejudicial - two against gender and the other against race. Everyone is free to choose a doctor that is the gender, race, age, etc for whatever reason but when they force those changes on the community at large they are changing the cultural norms. You should be conforming to the cultural norms and not the other way around.

...and I don't care about how difficult anything is when it is a choice a person has made. If I choose to whack my head with a hammer each morning when I wake up I do not get to lecture others on how difficult it is to have a sore head.

lololollllllllll...........................................you made me laugh.... it is the one of the problems that hospitals face in diversity communities, you did this for that community A why not us........

Timeline

" You got a request from a certain community that can contribute a financial capacity to your institution if and if you make some adjustments to your system without major cost to your institution utilizing your MDS and nurse you alread had".

That is my point... That "certain community" can pool their funds and contribute to a place where their portion of the community can receive medical care consistent with their beliefs. Problem solved!

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Timeline

There HAS to be a line somewhere. If Capicorns only want Capicorns treating them, then they'd better start pooling their funds to build a facility where the needs of the Capicorns are attended to. Otherwise, who knows - a Gemini could be offended.

Jeez - I get it. Certain groups have their religious requirements, but isn't that in nations where the predominant religion is theirs? Whatever happened to the saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans?" When did the Romans take a back seat?

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Timeline

" You got a request from a certain community that can contribute a financial capacity to your institution if and if you make some adjustments to your system without major cost to your institution utilizing your MDS and nurse you alread had".

That is my point... That "certain community" can pool their funds and contribute to a place where their portion of the community can receive medical care consistent with their beliefs. Problem solved!

You used the word "can" and qouted my comment on it, but still the question of the hospital perspective to funnel that funds into their institution still stands unanswered.

Timeline

You used the word "can" and qouted my comment on it, but still the question of the hospital perspective to funnel that funds into their institution still stands unanswered.

I will be here very elaborative. It is cheaper for the hospital to make adjustments then lose a segment of a community and their money...... and It is cheaper for a community to cut deals with their local hospitals economically speaking.. Ethically speaking is another topic......moral is another too.