chri'stina

Seriously considering moving out of Florida

135 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Look into Alberquerque(sp) NM. Lots of chillies there to help you prepare proper dinners for your hubby. :whistle:

Prolly not as cheap as 'Bama though.

Daniel

:energetic:

Oh I wish I could move there!!! :luv: But we will probably end up in North Carolina, which is fine - mountains, water - I'd be happy. I want to move south for the idiomatic expressions such as:

"well, he's just dumber than owl sh*t!"

"be careful on that road, now! That highway is slicker than snot today!" :lol:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

in 2-3 years allot can change...

but in 'Bama? :huh:

Daniel

:energetic:

well the creek can rise and paw got some new roebuckers

:thumbs:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

I'm Unitarian Universalist, and the only two people I've known who lived in Alabama (both in Birmingham) were Unitarian and were utterly miserable there and felt harassed all the time and couldn't wait to leave. But if I'm remembering correctly, you're Christian. So maybe that wouldn't be a problem for you.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Timeline

Has nowt to do with the price of the house, but the terms which affect what a payment is going to be.

Borrowing 50k - depending on terms - could fluctuate a payment amount easily a few hundred

Yes...interest rates could go up, but the house prices themselves probably won't increase by much, if at all.

Again, I'm not addressing the property values....I knew of ppl years ago in a different state who borrowed $52k and their payment was $700/mo.

they had excellent credit...both were above 800 credit scores, and got an excellent rate for the time. Interest rates vary by the day, so no one knows what 3 years from now will bring. We've had the lowest rates in decades, so to see that sustaining itself over years will be a speculative issue at best.

This couple was in a lower-taxed area as well...but again, millage rates can change. Same goes for homeowner's insurance, which is required with a mtg. So who's to say what 3 years will bring.

I understand your point about house prices, but as I haven't addressed that at all, I am slightly confused by you 'countering' my posts with a factor that I have already said is completely irrelevant to the point I am making.

I don't understand what the 'argument' is about at all, or why you felt the need to respond the way you did.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Has nowt to do with the price of the house, but the terms which affect what a payment is going to be.

Borrowing 50k - depending on terms - could fluctuate a payment amount easily a few hundred

Yes...interest rates could go up, but the house prices themselves probably won't increase by much, if at all.

Again, I'm not addressing the property values....I knew of ppl years ago in a different state who borrowed $52k and their payment was $700/mo.

they had excellent credit...both were above 800 credit scores, and got an excellent rate for the time. Interest rates vary by the day, so no one knows what 3 years from now will bring. We've had the lowest rates in decades, so to see that sustaining itself over years will be a speculative issue at best.

This couple was in a lower-taxed area as well...but again, millage rates can change. Same goes for homeowner's insurance, which is required with a mtg. So who's to say what 3 years will bring.

I understand your point about house prices, but as I haven't addressed that at all, I am slightly confused by you 'countering' my posts with a factor that I have already said is completely irrelevant to the point I am making.

I don't understand what the 'argument' is about at all, or why you felt the need to respond the way you did.

Me: 'tax rates, insurance rates, and mtg rates'

You: Yeah, BUT house prices imo will stay cheap

Me: Has nowt to do with house prices *lengthy and verbose explanation*

You: True, BUT HOUSE PRICES WILL BE CHEAPER

Me: *blinks*

It's prolly not really you, HA, but my tolerance level. I am kinda getting really tired of the online pissing contests as of late. I made a comment here based on my experience...you responded to me by mentioning something I wasn't even commenting on. I think it's safe to say that every single one of us here would assume she's moving to a place where house prices are cheaper. That's a given. However, I explain again, and you STILL respond with the same 'yeah but house prices...'

Perhaps I'm short tempered lately, because honestly, I find this little exchange between us to be tiresome and ridiculous that I apparantly cannot make my own point without you trying to interject with a superfluous and completely irrelevant clarification that no one is questioning....YES, HOUSE PRICES ARE CHEAPER, but it's got sweet ** all to do with what I was trying to say here.

Have a great day :)

It's prolly not really you, HA, but my tolerance level. I am kinda getting really tired of the online pissing contests as of late. I made a comment here based on my experience...you responded to me by mentioning something I wasn't even commenting on. I think it's safe to say that every single one of us here would assume she's moving to a place where house prices are cheaper. That's a given. However, I explain again, and you STILL respond with the same 'yeah but house prices...'

Perhaps I'm short tempered lately, because honestly, I find this little exchange between us to be tiresome and ridiculous that I apparantly cannot make my own point without you trying to interject with a superfluous and completely irrelevant clarification that no one is questioning....YES, HOUSE PRICES ARE CHEAPER, but it's got sweet ** all to do with what I was trying to say here.

Yes, I think you're being a bit short-tempered. No offense.

Yes, I think you're being a bit short-tempered. No offense.

Yet the crux of my post was lost on you. Go figure.... :lol:

LOL...whatever makes you feel better, dear. If you need to dump all over people and personally insult them to make you feel better about yourself/your life, by all means go right ahead. Project away.

LOL...whatever makes you feel better, dear. If you need to dump all over people and personally insult them to make you feel better about yourself/your life, by all means go right ahead. Project away.

Ahh, but you can condescend all you want at the same time as complaining about me? LOL ok then...dear

Ahh, but you can condescend all you want at the same time as complaining about me? LOL ok then...dear

Lisa, I'm not going to waste any more time on this. I'm sorry that you feel so hostile towards me, but that isn't my problem.

Goodbye.

Lisa, I'm not going to waste any more time on this. I'm sorry that you feel so hostile towards me, but that isn't my problem.

Goodbye.

Don't mistake being matter of fact about something as being hostile. If you're confused as to my point, all you have to do is scroll upwards cos I'm not going to repeat it again. I do apologise if you misunderstood my intentions here, but the fact that we're having a two day discussion about something so simple and straightforward seems ridiculous to me.

You're reading into things way too much....I'm not being hostile towards you. Trust me, I can do hostile and this isn't it. I don't even know you! In fact, with your last post before this one, I would say you are the one who is seemingly hostile...but I suppose we will see things differently.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Trust me, I can do hostile and this isn't it.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::thumbs::P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I'm Unitarian Universalist, and the only two people I've known who lived in Alabama (both in Birmingham) were Unitarian and were utterly miserable there and felt harassed all the time and couldn't wait to leave. But if I'm remembering correctly, you're Christian. So maybe that wouldn't be a problem for you.

Hmm that's not good that they felt harrassed.

My friends who currently live there are Christians too, but not the typical looking Christians. My friend's husband has tattoos all over him and works in their small downtown in a cool hair salon. Once he got things shouted at him by a truck full of rednecks, because of the tattoos and where he works. But I think that's the only incident he's had like that and he's lived there his whole life.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord